So played PoE for a while then played d3... My reaction...

Fade, why are you equating build diversity with build interchangeability? Diversity means there are many viable builds, which I don't see how you can possibly say doesn't exist in PoE. Your argument that D3 had diversity is that you can change your build when you find different gear. It sounds like you're arguing that not being able to change your build in PoE shows there is no diversity. In fact, I'd say your example of having a build that can beat the game with no passives allocated shows the exact opposite of what you want. If you have no passives allocated when you beat the game, you have complete freedom to make any build you want. Isn't that what you're saying constitutes build diversity in D3? You play for a while with one build and then change to another?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
solwitch wrote:
Why the hell did I even once again install d3... It's complete garbage. I digress... We are so lucky... So so so lucky to have PoE. We are talking about a small developer that has literally grown, amassed into pure greatness.

D3 feels like those apps I play on my iPad AND wtf micro transactions in ASIA?!

I was listening to some poe podcasts and quite enamored with the fact that many famous painters have influenced this game. It's comforting that the love of art exists in the most unlikely of places.

Personally I'm enjoying D3 immensely at the moment,I appreciate your opinion though and I'll take it into consideration next time I boot up D3 instead of re-installing POE ... or not,who knows.

=)
I actually might decide to try D3 again just to see what has changed

to me D3 is the Hot dumb girl you really wana bang but after you do you quickly realize she is an annoying bitch you dont want to stick with

PoE is the girl that's hard to get but if you do shes the one you want to marry
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

to me D3 is the Hot dumb girl you really wana bang but after you do you quickly realize she is an annoying bitch you dont want to stick with

It's all about personal taste mang ..... I like hot and dumb,I like banging (a lot)and I have an uncanny selective hearing trait that allows me to tolerate the intolerable annoying bitch I married.

It's the perfect scenario for me.
"
Temper wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

It's all about personal taste mang ..... I like hot and dumb,I like banging (a lot)and I have an uncanny selective hearing trait that allows me to tolerate the intolerable annoying bitch I married.

It's the perfect scenario for me.

one thing is for sure

there is a direct relationship between how hot a chick is and how much annoying BS a man is willing to tolerate from her lol
I dont see any any key!
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Fade, why are you equating build diversity with build interchangeability? Diversity means there are many viable builds, which I don't see how you can possibly say doesn't exist in PoE. Your argument that D3 had diversity is that you can change your build when you find different gear. It sounds like you're arguing that not being able to change your build in PoE shows there is no diversity. In fact, I'd say your example of having a build that can beat the game with no passives allocated shows the exact opposite of what you want. If you have no passives allocated when you beat the game, you have complete freedom to make any build you want. Isn't that what you're saying constitutes build diversity in D3? You play for a while with one build and then change to another?

What I'm saying is that D3 doesn't have zero diversity. And when push comes to shove - I directed an example to those who are arguing that point with one of my own that maybe opened up their eyes a bit.

Let's clarify what I'm saying:
1) 1>75 doesn't matter in POE. In fact that was my bitter findings early on with POE with my first 5 characters I was very successful with the game but the moment I stepped into mapping I got fucking WRECKED time and time again. I ended up facing that 1>mapping doesn't fucking matter. There are 2 distinct games here. You can strap 3 gems together in POE and beat the game. Literally your skill tree doesn't matter one little bit if you have the right gems and gear/stats/resists (as I proved outlining a decent set on my alt account.)

Not only that - but the most EFFECTIVE ways to level have absolutely nothing to do with the build and skill lay out that you ultimately are going to play. You will level using basically 1% of the gems that you will ultimately be using for your builds. Oh - unless you want to level like a snail, and happen to fluke out big time and get every single gem you needed. Won't happen though because of RNG.

2) For someone saying that D3 has no build diversity at all, well, look at point 1. And I get that you guys love to flip the arguments and play devils advocate - and suddenly the fact that I can have a gem-equip set where I don't even need to use the skill tree is some type of "freedom of expression" - you guys sound like parents. It's hilarious actually. hahaha your kid can do no wrong, and not only that you build these crazy - ludicrous even - points to come back on. hahaha... honestly, look at yourselfs. Its truly hilarious and I can't help but get a big grin on even typing that out. Because Mark - Xav - come on. You guys know it too. ;)

It is not a good thing that 1>75 doesn't matter. In fact it's bad for the game. Stop saying it's a positive thing. It makes players build useless characters who 1>75 seem like little asskickers, but in truth the moment they get into mapping the game literally just fucking sucks for them. The game fools you. The slope of the game... where 1>mapping are meaningless based on what choices you make... that isn't a good thing, fellahs. Sorry no.

I see the damage control continues. That's some Mr Keys-tier argumentation :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
FadeXF wrote:

Say Xav: how about you show some mercy and just back off, if you continue to rek me this hard I'll start crying.

Yep - two can play this game :3

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I hoped for a rebuttal :( Oh well. Good day to you too :)
Fade, I'm not one of those that say D3 has no build diversity. But I do think it has less than PoE. I'm just confused by some of your arguments. For example, the one where levels 1-75 don't matter in PoE. But i've played D3, and I don't see how 1-70 in D3 shows anything different than PoE. Is it not trivial in D3 to level to endgame as well? bliz keeps making it easier and easier because they decided that endgame is where the real game starts. So how can you see that as anything different than the arguments you are using as negatives about PoE before endgame?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Apr 17, 2015, 11:51:43 AM
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
Fade, I'm not one of those that say D3 has no build diversity. But I do think it has less than PoE. I'm just confused by some of your arguments. For example, the one where levels 1-75 don't matter in PoE. But i've played D3, and I don't see how 1-70 in D3 shows anything different than PoE. Is it not trivial in D3 to level to endgame as well? bliz keeps making it easier and easier because they decided that endgame is where the real game starts. So how can you see that as anything different than the arguments you are using as negatives about PoE before endgame?

I think the difference for me here is that it's widely understood that the game doesn't really start in D3 until level 70 whereas I believe that the 1>mapping experience is toted as the majority of the game, and mapping just a cool little add on. Let's maybe start with that point to discuss. That's been my 3 years experience anyways, and whenever I say "man I wish there was more to end game" inevidibly the argument is turned back on me with like "make a new character, POE doesn't have any REAL end game yet" - sort of thing. Am I wrong?

It's both because (in contrast to what you said earlier) in PoE rerolling is actually fun because of all the possibilities you have, so you have many players who are 100% altoholics and constantly reroll. But you also have people who say exactly the same what people say about D3, that the game starts when they arrive to maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info