Closed Beta FAQ for Path of Exile: The Awakening

Dear existing alpha players and streamers with over 1 million views:

Please be so kind as to not rub it in others faces because of your excitement.

Congratulations to you all, and have a great time... however your "open displays" of: I'm getting in!... Just might be considered "rude" (for lack of a better word) to the rest of the community.

It would probably be appreciated. Again though, congratulations.
"
Hartsai wrote:
Well, im already done with the 1 month races and have no interest in the game without any content updates so i guess im out for 2 months. I didnt get a key in the earlier betas with the counter so i dont keep my hopes too high for this one either.

Yeah it was freaking hard to get a key back in the days with way lower playerbase/account pool imagine how hard will be now.
I suppose Marketing and Hype-build-up has become more important than the actual test. I begin to feel that the whole thing is just about Hype...

Thanks for making us Anxious for not knowing what will happen. This is also called Schizoid management or plainly bad job in psychology.
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
Cudez wrote:
RNG all the way - Grant a CBT key to player who has played 2weeks and expect same amount of proper feedback than from original CBT player who has played 3-years. Dont want to be too critical but whats the point testing with players who know jack-squat about core game?!?

I sort of understand if I dont get chosen to CBT on based that I support the game - since in that scenario I would basically be paying for advantage... thats fine.

Streamers getting access - fine. They work hard to build and entertain community. They deserve some luuuv.

I just dont think the RNG counter is the right choice... its like replacing reasoning with lottery. I thought GGG respects experience that comes qua cogito.

my thoughts
Cudez

That is the whole point. And it is written in the post why they are doing it that way, or not the other. Again, they need feedback from both NEW players and "hardcore fans". So feedback from someone who just made a new account is as valuable as from old players. (Altho, I'm not sure if the number of "dead accounts" is not too big.)

Streamers will just simply give information's for other people, build hype and give the feedback.

Ah, what did I expect. :P People are hyped. I'm hyped. I'm gonna sit and watch that damn counter all day. Sit and wait guys - nothing else you can do about it. :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Can I sign up with multiple accounts to increase my chances of getting in?

No. Additional accounts will not be eligible. People trying to game the system will be removed. It's fine for multiple people in the same household to sign up as long as they are different people and have only one account each.

So how about an option to remove signups? Giving this bit of information this late is pretty weak. If somebody signs up on their mule account, they just cant get in? No word beforehand? This seems shady at best.
Last edited by Javahulk on Apr 14, 2015, 1:07:35 PM
"
Chris wrote:
The one-month Torment/Bloodlines leagues overlap with the first week of the Closed Beta. Afterwards, we're considering running low-key events on the live realm that may grant Closed Beta Keys to the winners. There's still a lot of ongoing discussion about this.

Don't do this, you have to think of something that will be at least somewhat close to the beta hype, for the rest of the community not to get the feeling of being left over. Beta key events will only aggravate it. For example you can add at least some of the new uniques (maybe even features/gems?) to the live servers exclusively.
Last edited by izvrix on Apr 13, 2015, 1:07:55 AM
"
Chris wrote:
I'm an existing Alpha tester. Do I get in automatically?

Yes. All current and past Alpha testers will be given access on day one, unless they were removed from the Alpha for breaking its rules.

Wow. I was not expecting this. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

/reserved./
"
Owlert wrote:
Wow, that's the fastest way I've seen to kill hype for an expansion. All accounts have the same chances (except for streamers because they get special treatment all the time). Guess all the stash tabs actual supporters bought hurt chances more than the people who have alternate accounts for their storage. Everything about the beta is the most disappointing news I've ever heard from GGG.

Well said
"
izvrix wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The one-month Torment/Bloodlines leagues overlap with the first week of the Closed Beta. Afterwards, we're considering running low-key events on the live realm that may grant Closed Beta Keys to the winners. There's still a lot of ongoing discussion about this.

Don't do this, you have to think of something that will be at least somewhat close to the beta hype, for the rest of the community not to get the feeling of being left over. Beta key events will only aggravate it. For example you can add at least some of the new uniques (maybe even features/gems?) to the live servers exclusively.

Not a bad idea, but I put in bold something that is completely unnecessary. There is no reason to make X exclusive to the live servers (SC/HC). If they're new, they should be in the beta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info