Q&A: Jonathan on desync solve coming with A4!!!

"
morbo wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Talking about desync and it's causes, did anyone else nottice the apparent lack of excessive ground clutter to get caught on in the vids of the new areas?

Yes, I did. And I hope it's the final version. Nice & smooth cycloning pastures...

yup, that and shield charge
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Talking about desync and it's causes, did anyone else nottice the apparent lack of excessive ground clutter to get caught on in the vids of the new areas?

Mhmm.

Which is probably the meat of "You can just play with the old mode when you play with people in a different region. It should be a lot better too."

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
Yes, I did. And I hope it's the final version. Nice & smooth cycloning pastures...

yup, that and shield charge

And don't forget flicker Kreygasm.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 12, 2015, 12:49:44 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Desync is unfixable, nothing changed about that.

You'll have to try harder, son...
If they actually implement this smoothly, it would be the best PoE update in the history of PoE.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Duno, i think that flicker strike and cyclone might be very clunky on the new lockstep mode, since you are constantly waiting for the server per each action and those actions being fairly rapid....but won't know for sure until it's tested.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
vezuial wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Desync is unfixable, nothing changed about that.

You'll have to try harder, son...

Prove me wrong dad, I dare you.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 Sounds fantastic and all but let's not start counting our Rhoa's before they hatch. I remember fishing sounded great too and then... nothing. I would have been happy with an old cane pole and line. The dam Rhoa's are the fowlest of fowl tasting bird. A relaxing fishing break would have been a nice diversion. Anyway, it all sounds too good to be true but if GGG can/has pulled it off then hooray, no more desync bitch posts. As my Scion would say "go to bed little nightmare" (actually desync is a big nightmare).

So, in other words no one wants to admit they were wrong about GGG not fixing desync? Make that apology thread they deserve already, im waiting. *tick tock*

I do recall them saying at least twice that desync would prove more effort than they had on hand to fix, and would require a complete recoding of their netcode - which in software engineering just is not done.

While they failed to inform us that they somehow DID manage to procure the amount of technical aptitude required to recode the engine from basically the ground up, and still maintain the existing system for those who benefit from it (How they managed that without fucking everything up, I'll never know, but if they pull it off, GGG should get a nobel prize in game design), they DID however tell the truth at the time. "We couldn't (can't) do it." Does not mean "We will never do it."

And they did do it. And I hope to god it works. Cause I will come to new zealand and have their babies if it does.

We owe no apologies to them. They owe us no apologies. There need be no pardon or reparations when there was no crimes committed.

We merely owe them undying gratitude and thanks.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I just hope the brazilian (coughsouthamericancough) server is opened soon.

And that at least the predictive version is improved enough to not be clunky with melee.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
No GGG no! You will convert HC to a genuine challenge where you dont have to alt+F4 every minute. Like, ppl will actually die now as a result of their OWN incompetence/stupidity.
"
Bjarmfark wrote:
No GGG no! You will convert HC to a genuine challenge where you dont have to alt+F4 every minute. Like, ppl will actually die now as a result of their OWN incompetence/stupidity.

People will just blame lag instead of desync so its still good old alt f4 core.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info