Q&A: Jonathan on desync solve coming with A4!!!

"
cutt wrote:
Desync became so natural to PoE that I think it's a little sad it will be gone forever. ;(

Word you read my mind.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Now we get to wait to see what the chronic negative nancies latch onto instead...

Omg, ping is too high, North America is in advantage vs Eastern Europe. Now we have to choose between two evils, unplayable ping and terrible desync. We need an offline mode, remember in D2...

Strawpoll: Offline mode?

-yes because of ping
-yes because of desync
-no
-yes and no
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
Last edited by Daidelos on Apr 12, 2015, 5:47:19 AM
Can't wait to try it out, although I rarely notice desync.
I hope now I won't die due to being synced... :P

Great news, really.
Free bump.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Daidelos wrote:
"
Now we get to wait to see what the chronic negative nancies latch onto instead...

Omg, ping is too high, North America is in advantage vs Eastern Europe. Now we have to choose between two evils, unplayable ping and terrible desync. We need an offline mode, remember in D2...

Yea totally unfair, damnit GGG.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
The funny thing is, if you have high ping - you are still better off in this mode because, the level of desync that occurs when ping is high is nigh terrible.

So, I think most people will adopt this new lockstep mode regardless of low/high ping if it works like other MOBA's.
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Last edited by iMbaQ on Apr 12, 2015, 5:48:29 AM
"
iMbaQ wrote:
The funny thing is, if you have high ping - you are still better off in this mode because, the level of desync that occurs when ping is high is nigh terrible.

So, I think most people will adopt this new lockstep mode regardless of low/high ping if it works like other MOBA's.

Well, let's wait and see how well the improvements go before making any judgments.
"
"
This info needs to stay at the top of general.

people ignore stickies.

bump.

People tend to ignore just about everything if it suits them.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
iMbaQ wrote:

I believe this is the case. Even if you have a high ping you are still way safer in stopstep mode.

Welcome to PoE.
 Sounds fantastic and all but let's not start counting our Rhoa's before they hatch. I remember fishing sounded great too and then... nothing. I would have been happy with an old cane pole and line. The dam Rhoa's are the fowlest of fowl tasting bird. A relaxing fishing break would have been a nice diversion. Anyway, it all sounds too good to be true but if GGG can/has pulled it off then hooray, no more desync bitch posts. As my Scion would say "go to bed little nightmare" (actually desync is a big nightmare).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 12, 2015, 7:04:01 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 Sounds fantastic and all but let's not start counting our Rhoa's before they hatch. I remember fishing sounded great too and then... nothing. I would have been happy with an old cane pole and line. The dam Rhoa's are the fowlest of fowl tasting bird. A relaxing fishing break would have been a nice diversion. Anyway, it all sounds too good to be true but if GGG can/has pulled it off then hooray, no more desync bitch posts. As my Scion would say "go to bed little nightmare" (actually desync is a big nightmare).

So, in other words no one wants to admit they were wrong about GGG not fixing desync? Make that apology thread they deserve already, im waiting. *tick tock*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info