Q&A: Jonathan on desync solve coming with A4!!!

GGG WENT From:

To:

Spoiler
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 12, 2015, 9:20:52 AM
This is, for me, THE HYPE about PoE 2.0, period.

I'm so gonna love playing flicker.

All those drunk 'desync doesn't exist' and 'I never notice desync' and 'get a better ISP, upgrade your potato' idiots can just opt to play on the old prediction code. I mean, why would they choose the lockstep code and have slightly less response, right? RIGHT?
Casually casual.

Sounds great, but it should be disabled for competitions.
Awesome.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
This is, for me, THE HYPE about PoE 2.0, period.

I'm so gonna love playing flicker.

All those drunk 'desync doesn't exist' and 'I never notice desync' and 'get a better ISP, upgrade your potato' idiots can just opt to play on the old prediction code. I mean, why would they choose the lockstep code and have slightly less response, right? RIGHT?

I'm one of the "I don't notice desync" crowd. There is a big difference between learned to play with it and happy to do without it. There are signs that are marginally impactful to me, but I still choose to not have it if the option is out there. A few examples that are not game breaking but I still could do without:

1. Click on item and a slight delay on picking up
2. Melee character swinging but not leeching get at first hit (probably still moving to target on server)
3. Leap slam showing me getting away, while stun pulls me back

My ping is marginal but still client shows different things sometimes. Obviously I would choose to be without if the choice is there. I don't notice desync because it has rarely killed me and the slight delays associated with it are just part of the game. "Deterministic" will have similar "I don't notice it" features. I think parts of POE already happen this way for instance interactions with your stash. I think this always waits for confirmation from server and sometimes the latency is noticeable...but you get used to it and it becomes "I don't notice it."
After playing League with 95 ping and having it feel like a carridge ride over cobblestone roads, and having played Dawngate (rip) with 35 ping and having it feel like a lubricated butter slide, my PoE's ping wavers around 50-70.

I'm not sure how it's quite going to feel, but hot fucking damn, GGG, this is what I wanted.

I CAN CYCLONE AROUND STRONGBOXES :D
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Holy fuck, after the announcement of Act IV i wasn't sure but this will totally bring me back to PoE! HYYYYPEEE!

RIP studies/job tho :(
IGN: Kyrell
"
So, in other words no one wants to admit they were wrong about GGG not fixing desync? Make that apology thread they deserve already, im waiting. *tick tock*

GGG has not exactly been responsive over the last year (or maybe even longer) on this topic. Regardless, if someone should apologize it is the 'desync is unfixable' crowd that kept parroting the same nonsens over and over.
<3 ama

*waves*

Gz on double 4/4 btw :)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
So, in other words no one wants to admit they were wrong about GGG not fixing desync? Make that apology thread they deserve already, im waiting. *tick tock*

lol, why would GGG fix something that doesn't exist? Buy a bettter PC, with more ISP.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info