Q&A: Jonathan on desync solve coming with A4!!!

"
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
Apology from GD "fix desync" posts/threads whiners in 3...2...1...

*tick tock*

Where are the apologies from "can´t fix dsync with magic powers that bend physics and l2p oos dsync alt f4 macros"

tick tock

Spoiler
I don´t mean it though. But you´re starting ape shit here.

No im not. GGG deserves an apology and i hope they get one. Knowing this community though its doubtful someone will have the guts to do it.

You're a maniac sir :D, GGG deserve a "thank you" regarding this, thats all. Saying anyone who moaned about desynch (understandably so) should apologise is moronic as more than likely these folk's constant complaining ultimately motivated GGG to do something about the issue. You personally should be kissing the ring.
Make Things For Smile!
"
Not an apology, but perhaps an acknowledgment. People typically don't admit their errors online -- what's the point? Not long anonymous folk are ever accountable for anything.

I do own my mistakes when I make them, but let's face it: I'm hardly anonymous.

I've known about this incoming change for a few months now, so I've been earmarking all the 'desync will never be fixed' threads since then. Highly amusing stuff.
Easy with inside Info. Maybe you should really think about the rest of the communitys feels instead of your own laughs. It's entirely understandable that ppl have been pissed off about desynch for a couple of years now. "earmarking" comments seems a bit creepy dont you think?
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Apr 14, 2015, 7:48:23 PM
"
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
Not an apology, but perhaps an acknowledgment. People typically don't admit their errors online -- what's the point? Not long anonymous folk are ever accountable for anything.

I've known about this incoming change for a few months now, so I've been earmarking all the 'desync will never be fixed' threads since then. Highly amusing stuff.
Easy with inside Info. You should really think about the rest of the communitys feels instead of your own laughs.

I dropped so many god damned hints it wasn't funny, but you do know I wasn't allowed to say anything, right?

My amusement wasn't at 'the community's feels', as you put it. It was at knowing so many of the local naysayers and negative nancies were about to be proven wrong, big-time, and that I knew they wouldn't be noble or civil enough to ever admit it.

People have the ability to change, just look at everyone in this thread saying "thank god" and such. I bet you every single one of those people have uttered words of discontempt in regards to GGG and desynch issues. Proving people wrong isn't hard and they arent lesser people because of it. Plenty of that going on in every facet of science and discovery why gloat about it when you are right? You already hold the higher ground metaphorically ;) Be humble in that knowledge bro <3
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Apr 14, 2015, 8:01:13 PM
"
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"

Easy with inside Info. You should really think about the rest of the communitys feels instead of your own laughs.

I dropped so many god damned hints it wasn't funny, but you do know I wasn't allowed to say anything, right?

My amusement wasn't at 'the community's feels', as you put it. It was at knowing so many of the local naysayers and negative nancies were about to be proven wrong, big-time, and that I knew they wouldn't be noble or civil enough to ever admit it.

Don't forget that there is an official development manifesto in which one of the devs states that the very system they are adapting now and that many other companies are already using wouldn't - under no circumstances - work for PoE.
With that background you shouldn't be surprised that your hints weren't considered to be serious or that people stopped believing in significant changes.
It's great that they changed their mind, though.
"

"
Don't forget that there is an official development manifesto in which one of the devs states that the very system they are adapting now and that many other companies are already using wouldn't - under no circumstances - work for PoE.
With that background you shouldn't be surprised that your hints weren't considered to be serious or that people stopped believing in significant changes.

"wouldn't under no circumstances" ?

dear god what am i reading..? MY EYEEEEEEEEEES
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Apr 14, 2015, 8:07:55 PM
It's not so much that they do double negatives. It's more that they don't not do double negatives.
Casually casual.

@CharanJaydemyr it kinda scares the shit out of me that you havent been set on probation or banned yet. To bad people like you have actually get inside information or whatever, maybe you get 2000 exalts and 1000 mirror of kalandras just for noobing around at theese forums who knows.... Well obviously you know..

Great news on desync, hope the player base increases ALOT when the expansion releases.
I know for sure that many of my friends will start playing again, especially in hardcore mode.

No more fancy RIP'S :)
"
AdzPoE wrote:
"

"

"wouldn't under no circumstances" ?

dear god what am i reading..? MY EYEEEEEEEEEES

Given, I may have exaggerated in a way, but the following sounds rather confident, doesn't it? After all, it implies that the new networking model would make cheating easier and prevent the application of certain mechanics. Also, "the only option" is to improve the old code.

"

Unfortunately, we don't want to do any of those things! They each individually ruin part of the hardcore experience: by allowing combat/movement cheats, preventing accuracy from existing as a mechanic, prevent stunlock, preventing people getting blocked in, etc.

Due to the fact that we want to have hardcore game mechanics (i.e. ones where position matters and it's difficult to cheat in PvP), the only option for us has been to put a lot of work into improving our combat simulation and resync code.

Source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669

Also, please don't get me wrong, the news about the new networking model are great. This will be huge, but GGG didn't leave much room for hope in the first place.

Edit: Looks like it was a language problem. Sorry, guys, ignore this :(
Last edited by kruemel2222 on Apr 14, 2015, 8:28:38 PM
UP for a beautifull and long awaited news! All love GGG
Just a personal note: If this is happening, i`d love to see 3 times HARDER HC leagues, like invasion, except with no 1 shoot mechanics UNLESS you acctualy have time to dodge/see it (Vaal Oversoul beeing the prime example).
Last edited by since5685 on Apr 14, 2015, 8:49:26 PM
"
"
prilletime wrote:
@CharanJaydemyr it kinda scares the shit out of me that you havent been set on probation or banned yet. To bad people like you have actually get inside information or whatever, maybe you get 2000 exalts and 1000 mirror of kalandras just for noobing around at theese forums who knows.... Well obviously you know..

I've been on probation many times. I've not done anything that warrants a ban, but now and then I do contemplate trying it just to see how a Banned Ruler of Wraeclast might look. But Sam/Bex assure me if they ban this account, they have to ban all of my accounts. That'd suck. I like playing this game.

I'm sorry that you feel bad that 'people like me' get inside information. What precisely do you mean by 'people like me' if I may ask? Former moderators? Hefty posters? People who prefer to stick to the lower levels of the game rather than devote countless hours to the same old stuff? Sardonic but ultimately well-meaning folk? Believe it or not, knowing is a burden. I had to be extremely careful with the hint-dropping because Chris would skin me alive if I ever actually leaked anything. I value his trust more than almost anything else regarding this game, and would be horrified to think I'd ever betrayed it.

Your implication that I'd ever receive in-game wealth is insulting. Do you know I've never even found my unique? Not once. I also told GGG I don't want to know the recipe to making my weapon's upgrades because that, in my opinion, would be pay to win. So I'd love to know where you're coming from with these accusations.

Please, do elaborate. Or don't, if you're worried it might turn antagonistic. Then *you* might be the one ending up on probation. :(
Having inside information in my world means that you actually have an advantage and it's not even remotely fair for you to even hint & or tell any other person on this forum that you actually get inside information... So there's that. It's not like you offer a good read either apart from that you probably should have remained on probation for leaking out stupid messages like: " I know everything Chris have faith in me" You get the idea. Or probably not, InsideMan.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info