Desync Will Be Fixed !

"
And people claimed GGG didnt work in fixing it...

I think everyone who posted desync posts and threads should apologize to GGG.

Why? This model has been suggested for two years, and GGG seemed resolute in sticking with their predictive model. The manifesto says this isn't what they want. It's fucking amazing that they reneged, but I dunno that any apologies are in order. They definitely deserve praise for coming to their senses, though.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
"
Denezen wrote:
Extremely misleading title, as this is not even close to a "fix" for desync. A workaround, yes. Fix, no.

Oh please, as if anything online could ever be free of desync/lag/DC and the like.

Ah you again.

No, it won't ever be "free" of it, but what does that have to do with my comment about it being a misleading title? It is misleading.

And its also not a fix. It may be an alternative, as Charan mentioned, but its far from a fix. It brings a positive, and also a negetive.

Great that they are exploring other options.. frankly its about bloody time.

Last edited by Denezen on Apr 10, 2015, 6:58:20 PM
"
Denezen wrote:
"
"
Denezen wrote:
Extremely misleading title, as this is not even close to a "fix" for desync. A workaround, yes. Fix, no.

Oh please, as if anything online could ever be free of desync/lag/DC and the like.

Ah you again.

No, it won't ever be "free" of it, but what does that have to do with my comment about it being a misleading title? It is misleading.

And its also not a fix. It may be an alternative, as Charan mentioned, but its far from a fix. It brings a positive, and also a negetive.

Not really a misleading title at all. Desync will be fixed. Yes, the tradeoff is lag. But no more desync. Seems pretty accurate.
Introduce a new problem = a fix to you?

I really need to stop viewing these boards.. no time like the present lol cyz
GGG are probably working on faster than light connections to please ppl like Denezen. Could take a while though.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
lol
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
"
Denezen wrote:

Hey, I'll gladly take 1/20 of a second lag if what my screen shows is what's actually happening. Yeah, it's a fix. Desync is a gangrenous leg that has finally been amputated. At least for decent connections.
Brilliant! :D
Pelerin of Wraeclast
"
Denezen wrote:

It's hardly "introducing a new problem". They're providing another option which will probably be better for most people(and apparently even adding more servers to make it even better). If it actually is any worse than the existing system for someone, they still have the option to use the current system instead.

But yeah, if you're going to be that negative about something you're getting for free without even having TRIED it yet, then I don't think many people will miss you if you do go. Especially when that something is optional and is at least intended to address the biggest complaint people have had about the game.
Last edited by Hodari on Apr 10, 2015, 7:57:10 PM
"
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
So what would be a good ping to be under to use this?! I bounce from 50 - 80 on average, rarely do I ever go above that unless my ISP is having issues...am I better off with the old method or new?

150ms and under

Its not that great. Apparently 150ms seems like 75ms ish in this system. Thats still 1/13th of a second ish which will be noticable but doable.

Having around 50 results in 1/40th of a second delay which will be much much less noticable. Less than that and you're edging into not at all noticable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info