Desync Will Be Fixed !

This info might actually bring me back.
In short,

New anti-desync = D3's anti-desync?

I'll believe it when I actually see it.

Because to be honest, playing with a 400ms constant ping is still better than desync, which is like playing with unpredictible ping spikes.

I've played WoW for 2 months on European servers while being in Australia, and it was still manageable despite the 400ms ping by being careful and predictive (=my brain, not a stupid algorithm).

Desync has killed me more times than I can remember, especially in narrow map types (corridors and doors, the bane of PoE's prediction algorithm).
Go play Dota2, if you feel comfortable enough then you shall not have any trouble with PoE (oh wait, PoE is a single player RPG..) i meant with action economy simulator.

Last edited by Teplokot on Apr 13, 2015, 3:27:42 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
Thing is you can get used to your commands being delayed by a certain amount of miliseconds and react accordingly.

Try reacting to stuff that isn't on your screen.
Yeah, id take Lockstep any day.

Pshhh Ill take it EVERY day lol.
In most cases that i have ever faced with net codes it is in fact the interaction between the provider of the game and the ISP,Sometimes these things fix them selves other times though in which 90% of the time the player is to blame or rather it is easyer to blame the player as a company then it is to say 50pages of players are saying they are having issues lets look into this and get this fixed or at least provide a reasonable answer on how the issue can be resolved. you can say that i am wrong i realy don't mind at all but when someone like myself can play BF3 with no net issues and then on the same line same machine play another game and nothing but droped games or dsync issues,Sometimes it is the players ISP reacting or how there ISP is connecting to the game they are playing and sometimes it could be the net code is went wrong and they need to fix it.

In summery i am happy for this change because as for me i can play with high reaction rate that the game seems to dsync on many occasions to, being that my ping sits below 25 but i do feel for those that are going to be in group play as if they are from another region other then one another they will have a difficult time playing with one another with this setting, at least during its present iteration.
"
youkay wrote:
In short,

New anti-desync = D3's anti-desync?

D3 has desynch
IGN TylordRampage
Will be awesome. They prolly need to disable logout cheats now desync is fixed. Always hated watching a stream and bang instant character selection screen. Didnt feel exactly hard core.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 19, 2015, 11:04:19 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
They prolly need to disable logout cheats now desync is fixed.

I never especially liked instant logout either since it forces them to over-rely on massive damage spikes in order to have any kind of "difficulty" at all. Basically anything that doesn't one-shot you won't kill you at all, so they have to add more stuff that WILL one-shot you unless you're extremely well geared...

BUT, it's also unfair to call instant logout a "cheat". Like it or not, it IS allowed and has been specifically mentioned by the devs as being an intended feature.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:
"
DexDeus wrote:

At least until 2050 when internet connections are at lightspeed and GGG can afford to put a server in every town on the planet.

No, no, no...light speed is too slow.

Light speed too slow?

Yes. We're gonna have to go right to...ludicrous speed.

I can't stop looking at this for hours now. Why???

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info