[2.X] Pledge of Spectres, Summoner - 7L spectres, 6L zombies -Update for 2.2 Ascendency?

If any summoner want a beta key just hit me a pm an convince me to send it to you - got an extra I want to give fellow summoners interrested in testing that part of the game on the beta ! :)

EDIT: Its gone!
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
Last edited by Rmpz on May 12, 2015, 5:02:20 AM
Lovely build mate!

I'm running double curse with Warlords Mark so my minions have some sweet leech.
With this gear setup:

Working on coloring the chest with +1 R.
Also no haste so i can have Purity of Elements and run around in high lvl maps with an andy :P

Thanks for the awesome guide!
Last edited by pathofexiletoon on May 12, 2015, 4:43:36 PM
Hi

Can you do olny zombies or do you need the spectres summons
"
JuhlDk wrote:
Hi

"Pledge of Spectres, Summoner"
Only zombies would be different build, not this one.
Is there a way to prevent our minions from almost dying in the loading screen?

If I have to chicken out in a boss fight and my portal is close to the boss, when I try to enter again my minions always take quite a beatin before the loading screen is done. Even though I have a very fast pc :S
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
"
Lovely build mate!

I'm running double curse with Warlords Mark so my minions have some sweet leech.
With this gear setup:

Working on coloring the chest with +1 R.
Also no haste so i can have Purity of Elements and run around in high lvl maps with an andy :P

Thanks for the awesome guide!

Nice! Glad you enjoyed my build! Good to see some variation too!

"
JuhlDk wrote:
Hi

It would be better if you have both, since zombies are more "single target" oriented in my build while the spectres are AOE oriented.

"
Rmpz wrote:
Is there a way to prevent our minions from almost dying in the loading screen?

If I have to chicken out in a boss fight and my portal is close to the boss, when I try to enter again my minions always take quite a beatin before the loading screen is done. Even though I have a very fast pc :S

Hey Rmpz, for this you would have to put the portal in a safe spot before engaging the boss, if you notice in most of my videos, I usually place a portal somewhere safe before entering the fight.

Unfortunately minions don't enjoy the immunity timer unlike players, though it would be a huge QoL for a summoner though! Especially those with weaker systems..

EDIT: Problem with this is the minions don't get our aura boosts since we're "immune".. thats why they take such a beating before we even know whats happening.

No purity aura probably means they'll get decimated by most hard hitting elemental bosses, so be careful! You don't want to lose those high level spectres to this kind of thing.

Worst thing is the minion AI, since the player is still in the zoning page and not controlling/issueing move commands, the minions will just waltz between you and the boss while taking damage. This happened to me before so I've learnt to place portals somewhere safe for me to zone in without danger to my minions.

Hope 2.0 introduces the same immunity to minions so things like this won't happen though!
Last edited by KenXtreme on May 16, 2015, 2:33:02 AM
Ye figured placing a portal in a safe place was the only real counter :(

btw I've posted a feedback thread on the beta forums feel free to comment on the changes I've suggested perhaps you have some ideas you can put in the thread - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1273230
just curious what gems did u start running at 1st at low lvl 2 keep u from dieing..? iv tried templar summoner build and keep dieing really earli due 2 lack of damamge from Zombies etc.. i was using Lightening Tentacles but at say lvl 20 it was really bad and did nothing..
If you're really intent on leveling with summons, get the following

Bones of Ullr
Skullhead secutor helmet(early game helps them tank physical damage, 300+ armour early on is a huge %, this tapers off when you level up)

With those 2 items alone your minion would have much better survivability, but in the really early game, what you need is a 4L BBBB.

4L - Raise zombie + raise spectre + minion life + minion resistance

This early 4L alone will help them tank much more since they lack alot of life and resistance early on.

You can swap tendrils out for a flameblast, so while your minions are holding the frontline, you're charging up a flameblast which will probably 1 shot the mobs.

Hope this helps!
@MottyOrzz: I leveled using Summon Raging Spirit in addition to zombies and Spectres.
I think I only linked it to faster casting later on, you can try what works best for you.

@KenXtreme: Got any tips for fighting the Courtyard Bosses? I saw your vid, but my fights so far looked different... I enter, I cast desecrate, I get attacked by anything in the room. Flesh offering sure helps but my minions tend to get killed.
Vaal Summon Skeletons I tried so far, was not nad but not convincing either.
My Gems are Lvl 19/20 (Zombies also have Empower lvl 3), that should be enough right?
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info