[2.X] Pledge of Spectres, Summoner - 7L spectres, 6L zombies -Update for 2.2 Ascendency?

@KenXtreme: Got any tips for fighting the Courtyard Bosses? I saw your vid, but my fights so far looked different... I enter, I cast desecrate, I get attacked by anything in the room. Flesh offering sure helps but my minions tend to get killed.
Vaal Summon Skeletons I tried so far, was not nad but not convincing either.
My Gems are Lvl 19/20 (Zombies also have Empower lvl 3), that should be enough right?[/quote]

I'm not sure which setup you're using but if you cannot handle all 3 bosses at the same time, what you can do is pull 1 or 2 and finish them first instead of engaging all 3 at the same time.

List of how dangerous they are to your minions:
1) GMP Fireball guy(shotgun is really painful for zombies, thankfully 2.0 addresses this)
2) Cycloner (This guy will desync through your zombies and teleport all over the place so make sure you have /oos ready, especially if you are in nasty maps. Been killed by this guy in a -max/added cold/etc map before since I saw him standing still doing nothing(bad sign) but he was actually cycloning through my zombies to me.
3) Spork totemer she is the easiest to lure out since she is ranged so you can take her out first before engaging the others.

You can use vaal lightning trap(shock ground) and vaal haste to further boost your minion DPS so that you can pick off 1 or 2 before getting overwhelmed.

Remember to take note of chain maps too, since the GMP fireball guy will be extra dangerous in those maps. Usually you can bait his fireball then go in with your minions to avoid the insane splash aoe he deals.
Ty for the fast reply, I will try with those vaal skills then :)

I am going with a hybrid version of your build, but Spectres and zombies have all 6 (7) links just as yours(tanky zombie version). I didn't die myself, but one time I fled when most of the minions were killed and all 3 bosses standing besides the portal...as rmpz already experienced, this sucks big time. I wasted 4 portals to get the suckers killed, that's just annoying...cannot remember the map mods, it was quite high quanitity I got but looked not too hard. I will pay more attention to this as well!

The luring thing I would love to do but as of now it never worked :D
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Swapping out Vis Mortis, i feel like its not very effective at all :P
It grants a Spectre...but do as you wish.

I can hardly speak for the creator, but this is a SPECTRE build, much more than a zombie summoner build. So I would rather have 4 than just 3 spectres. They are beasts because of this 7L setup and I'd say if you think again you might very much appreciate Vis Mortis.

Not debating it will work without it, but it will work less effective.
"

Come on man you gotta use my unique ;)
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
"
Rmpz wrote:
"

Come on man you gotta use my unique ;)

Oh man, my bad...
Honored to meet you sir!
If the buff could affect all my zombies i would love it!
"

If you're doing MF runs on lower level maps then it wouldn't feel important since the content is easier, but if you're constantly chaining 77/78 with occasional hard mods, the extra spectre will help alot!

"
Carmondai89 wrote:
Ty for the fast reply, I will try with those vaal skills then :)

I am going with a hybrid version of your build, but Spectres and zombies have all 6 (7) links just as yours(tanky zombie version). I didn't die myself, but one time I fled when most of the minions were killed and all 3 bosses standing besides the portal...as rmpz already experienced, this sucks big time. I wasted 4 portals to get the suckers killed, that's just annoying...cannot remember the map mods, it was quite high quanitity I got but looked not too hard. I will pay more attention to this as well!

The luring thing I would love to do but as of now it never worked :D

I can do a short video guide on boss runs if you'd like? I'll probably do a run with lvl 20ish zombies to simulate a lower HP version and see how it goes? Would that good?

On a side note..

Almost got out new vids on the arc mages but my game crashed :( now I have to find them again.. Arc mages seem pretty ok-ish in DPS but I think they'll make great support spectres though!
"
KenXtreme wrote:
I can do a short video guide on boss runs if you'd like? I'll probably do a run with lvl 20ish zombies to simulate a lower HP version and see how it goes? Would that good?

That would be lovely! :)

Had not much time to fool around lately and it would really help, still haven't all the Summoner mechanics in my head. Leveling feels mostly pretty safe tho :)

Your fight against Megeara also was somehow much smoother then when I tried :D I made it twice, got it done both times, but the minions take too much dmg...One time only one survived (just using Flesh offering tho, I was hoping I don't need to switch around gems).Currently leveling 2 zombie and 1 spectre gem to 20 and see if I can get a good Vaal, I think that would make things a lot more easier for me.

@rmpz: Didn't realize that either, cool unique you did there!

Btw I did test the Flame sentinels with dual curse (ele weakness + flammability) but it doesn't really matter...Clearspeed goes up a tiny bit, but cause I lose Enfeeble then they die from big hits sometimes.
I like them, but the Evangelists are just so much more tanky so I use those

That being said, what do you think of this tree:

It is roughly what I am currently using, but I took the mana regen instead of energy nodes at Witch start which I feel is not necessary. I got 3 auras and a bit of mana left then to cast Arc and Flesh Offering and Convocation.

Last edited by Carmondai89 on May 21, 2015, 1:48:58 PM
"
Carmondai89 wrote:
"
KenXtreme wrote:

That would be lovely! :)

Had not much time to fool around lately and it would really help, still haven't all the Summoner mechanics in my head. Leveling feels mostly pretty safe tho :)

Your fight against Megeara also was somehow much smoother then when I tried :D I made it twice, got it done both times, but the minions take too much dmg...One time only one survived (just using Flesh offering tho, I was hoping I don't need to switch around gems).Currently leveling 2 zombie and 1 spectre gem to 20 and see if I can get a good Vaal, I think that would make things a lot more easier for me.

@rmpz: Didn't realize that either, cool unique you did there!

Btw I did test the Flame sentinels with dual curse (ele weakness + flammability) but it doesn't really matter...Clearspeed goes up a tiny bit, but cause I lose Enfeeble then they die from big hits sometimes. That being said I don't
I like them, but the Evangelists are just so much more tanky so I use those

That being said, what do you think of this tree:

It is roughly what I am currently using, but I took the mana regen instead of energy nodes at Witch start which I feel is not necessary. I got 3 auras and a bit of mana left then to cast Arc and Flesh Offering and Convocation.

Hmm the tree shows energy shield nodes taken, did you mis-type by chance? I'm guessing you meant you took ES nodes instead of the mana nodes?

I guess you could do that but do you have trouble resummoning the zombies? One of the reason I built it this way is to be able to resummon them with ease during a fight.
My current setup is with Mana nodes taken, but since I hardly need this much regen, I would now rather take ES :)
(I also took "Leadership" to ensure my Zombies still get my aura boni when I am running around dodging devourers :D )

Well, the Zombies rarely die, and even if they do the fight is over relatively fast. I turn off an aura and resummon them, then turn it on again. Not great, but I like the extra survivability and given how seldom it is necessary and just takes a few secs, I will probably stick to it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info