Stop making sellable challenges

"
However, designing challenges that are blatantly designed to put wealth into streamer's hands, blatantly disregarding any actual "skill requirement" and blatantly destroying any sense of map progression in a race league (zana mods on day 4 seems fair to me Kappa)

LOL, can I borrow that tin foil hat your wearing? No seriously these challenges weren't designed to put wealth in streamers hands, they don't need help with that as players practically do that already for them.

These challenges weren't designed with skill in mind, they were designed to give the community the ability to get armor sets, they weren't suppose to be difficult as GGG wanted even casual players to be able to get BOTH sets.

Personally I couldn't care less that these are being sold, its not limited, its not first 50, its whoever gets it done, shouldn't matter if people are selling them or not, if you aren't taking advantage of the situation you are the one missing out.

The armor sets are pretty ugly IMO, but maybe I am a bit bias as I already have the best armor sets in the game (aside from that exclusive gold set)

"
The only realistic solutions are:

-Make the challenges solo, at least the boss fights.

That should never happen, why you ask, because the whole game is an ONLINE ARPG, the community already mainly tries to play solo, lets not force them to do so because one stupid challenge is being sold.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
LOL, can I borrow that tin foil hat your wearing? No seriously these challenges weren't designed to put wealth in streamers hands, they don't need help with that as players practically do that already for them.

Please.. tell me that streamers being able to put Zana mods on every map, instantly sustain 77+ and faceroll 50 ex in no time is good for a competitive race.

Not even a single donation was required to achieve that.

"
goetzjam wrote:
These challenges weren't designed with skill in mind, they were designed to give the community the ability to get armor sets.

Can I borrow your GGG insider source? The challenges were designed for giving away armor sets, okay mate....
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Apr 3, 2015, 2:19:35 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

"
The only realistic solutions are:

-Make the challenges solo, at least the boss fights.

That should never happen, why you ask, because the whole game is an ONLINE ARPG, the community already mainly tries to play solo, lets not force them to do so because one stupid challenge is being sold.

Look, the actual one month league...if people exploit for the armor sets is not really that relevant. But if in a competence like killing Atziri first people exploit and make the efforts of other players with actual skill, it's not ok. Making the challenge solo is the lesser evil.

"
Chundadragon wrote:
Can I borrow your GGG insider source? The challenges were designed for giving away armor sets, okay mate....

Well, I can confirm. I think I watched that on reddit. And the challenges are the easiest one yet. It's mainly a freebie and an incentive to play the league before act IV.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
You don't need to involve streaming to put together a party and split the costs of zana mods. Anybody can do that.

My previous post may have been overlooked, but what's the difference between paying some amount of currency to sit in on a boss kill and spending some amount of currency to buy gear needed to do it yourself? In the end it's somebody paying for a challenge either way.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Barivius wrote:
What challenges would YOU make. How do you make them not something you can sell?

None.

Because the game is designed around buying anything and everything. The game is designed, around and rewards for, circumventing challenge.

GGG could (and maybe do) realise that calling these 'challenges' was far fetched from the start. But, the audience they targeted, intentionally, are pretend Hardcore Gamers. Tell them shopping and hand bag management is Hardcore Gaming and they will agree. Tell them completing a 'challenge' by buying it is reward-worthy and they'll shwiing their MTX epeen gladly.

There's an analogy I've used before: Tell people there's free money if they stand in the rain and queue, and they will. Statistics can claim people like standing in the rain.

Food for thought: How many times did you see people write here and on reddit, re the 1M 'I was going to take a break until Act 4, but I have got to have these MTXs'. ?

What does that tell you about the game, when people need 'free' power rangers sets to play it?

What does it tell you about the 'Hardcore Gamer' player base when they are queueing up to pay for an easy boss kill?

What does it tell you about the designers that boss kills are not only possible, but by design? 1 player hp tags? Really?

"
Dev to me: "Being able to afford that item in trade is an achievement in itself."

My heart sank, but that is the reality.

:D

I wrote in an Acuity thread some time ago, I could liquidate items from my stash that I have never worn and likely never will, buy a pair of Acuity and they would go right to the top of my 'didn't do shit for these' list.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 3, 2015, 2:55:29 PM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
If you cannot kill cruel Dominus, how can you afford a "top tier" boss kill?

Getting 5c / 10fus is hard? In this trading-flipping game? Lol no.

Otoh, reaching endgame bosses like Shrine Piety or Palace Dom is hard and requires all those "hardcorey" things GGG was talking about in some post: knowledge, time investment, effort, passion, balanced build, blah blah...

E:
Also, low prices are a sign of big supply/demand. The price is exactly right, as determined by the market.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 3, 2015, 3:11:34 PM
let me just say I hate trading with a passion and participate in it with huge reluctance

but

the simple obvious truth - trading is the foundation on which this game is built

everything in this games can be boiled down to trading - sell your gear, sell your time, sell your services, sell your rare encounters, sell your knowledge, sell your character names, these are just the tip of the iceberg

realize that you can pay to not play the game at all and just run around with a character behind someone and you will get the exact same progression as them

selling challenges is not a challenge design problem at all, it is just the way the game is
"
Chundadragon wrote:

why do you need a source for something so obvious ?

with the way PoE is, there are no real 'challenges' they can institute without them being bought and sold

every and any item in the game is sellable. there are no party restrictions (besides short races).

go ahead and show me a way there can be a 'challenge' in a game that is based on loot with these conditions not broken, that cannot be sold.

there cannot. even if they design a super hard fight (ie uber atziri), because gear in any arpg is >>>>> any phantom 'skill', the top few will only be able to do that challenge, and then sell it off like any other 'challenge'
Personally I think it's the players' fault. If no one bought these things, no one would naturally sell them. You can't blame streamers or higher level players taking easy currency when they can (and often even providing a good service for it) nor can you blame GGG for designing these challenges. Same goes with the RMT issues online games are having.

Gamers in general need to man up and start treating games (once again) as fun ways to challenge themselves instead of as another layer of achievements.
"
drakar8888 wrote:
let me just say I hate trading with a passion and participate in it with huge reluctance

but

the simple obvious truth - trading is the foundation on which this game is built

everything in this games can be boiled down to trading - sell your gear, sell your time, sell your services, sell your rare encounters, sell your knowledge, sell your character names, these are just the tip of the iceberg

realize that you can pay to not play the game at all and just run around with a character behind someone and you will get the exact same progression as them

selling challenges is not a challenge design problem at all, it is just the way the game is

exactly

poe is basically imposing free will- if you wanna have fun while playing the game, its your choice. if you want to pay in-game currency you grinded for months for someone carrying you, its your choice. whether you wanna have fun or have an enlarged epeen

like black sheep said, the choice is yours

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info