Stop making sellable challenges

No, I'm saying it better actually recognise the multiplayer aspect ->

Are you saying standing at the start of an instance is helping in a multiplayer kill? If not, it shouldn't be allowed.

The code is simple - dealt damage to piety? cursed Piety? provided charges to party members?

At the very least, this stops level 35s getting it. I mean that is kinda taking the piss, letting level 35s get a "skilled based" challenge is borderline abuse. Although I'm still adamant that this type of challenge should be discontinued altogether.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Apr 3, 2015, 11:02:58 AM
What is a non-sellable challenge?
I have yet to read a single good reason why selling challenges is bad.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Because not everyone can do it /s

People just get mad when others take advantage if the situation, but honestly OP should be complaining that people are paying for the challenges, not people charging for it.

At least its not the atziri hat (restricted in number)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Selling them is not bad. Making challenges sellable is bad (as per title)

I'm always hearing how PoE is hardcore and instant gratification, hand-holding, carebear... is not a cool game design. Buying a top tier level boss kill, at a stage when you cant face even Cruel Dom by yourself, is exactly that - insta grat, hand-holding, casual... all the 'bad' things PoE is not supposed to be.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
If you cannot kill cruel Dominus, how can you afford a "top tier" boss kill?

If you can afford a "top tier" boss kill, how can you not be capable of killing cruel Dominus?

If anything, the problem you've outlined is that service providers do not know how to best price their services; if the above are true, it indicates they could charge more.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Apr 3, 2015, 1:07:38 PM
In response to geotz and can, there is nothing wrong with people selling them per se (I would do it as well instead of sitting there and ripping my map pool)

However, designing challenges that are blatantly designed to put wealth into streamer's hands, blatantly disregarding any actual "skill requirement" and blatantly destroying any sense of map progression in a race league (zana mods on day 4 seems fair to me Kappa)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
So if I spend X amount of currency to sit in while somebody kills a boss, tha'st buying a challenge. But if i spend X currency buying the gear to be able to kill the boss on my own, that's not buying the same challenge. The only way to make challenges not sellable is to make them solo self found, thus making them 100% RNG instead of a lesser percentage of RNG.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Apr 3, 2015, 1:16:36 PM
I had a problem with Atziri because it was "first 50" and was meant to be the pinnacle of competition or whatever.

This? Who cares? The challenges are easy enough to complete, and if you pay someone 5 chaos for a Piety kill, is it really a big deal? If you tried to pay for every challenge you'd still have to play plenty of hours to grind up the currency and find people selling all of the masters or whatever.

Chill out, this is the best challenge league reward yet.
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Apr 3, 2015, 1:27:47 PM
Programming the challenges to recognize people participation in a party is a convoluted solution, and one that would be easily exploited.

The only realistic solutions are:

-Make the challenges solo, at least the boss fights.

-Make that being rich requires more player effort in game (risk reward).

Personally, I prefer the first one, because of its simplicity. Risk reward is hard as fuck to define properly and prone to exploits. Some people just remove the risk eventually and fuck it for everyone else.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info