I am waiting for vigilant strike to get nerfed

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
I think this discussion is valuable. I for one hate when a new skill comes out, everyone is (ab)using it ad nauseam and then it is nerfed and the forum is drowned in a deluge of qq.
This discussion helps GGG find things they might have overlooked, which can then be adjusted before people played their infinite VS chars to level 90 just to suddenly be hit hard by the nerf hammer.

How? No one in here has tried the gem yet, so how is that helping GGG? Then the gem does come out, we try it and a few weeks or month later it gets hit by a nerf anyways. Then in place of this thread we have the usual QQ, and i get called a troll for stating the obvious by telling everyone "i told you so".

Dont Nerf!!!
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Dont Nerf!!!

Thats clever. Now sell the name high when the skill gets picked up by top streamers making all builds OP and create new chars with names of new gems. Rinse, repeat. Its not RMT if you trade ingame currency for ingame names. ;)

Damn, i should have sold that birdlover_of_wraeclast name to someone instead of giving it away.^^
"

How? No one in here has tried the gem yet, so how is that helping GGG? Then the gem does come out, we try it and a few weeks or month later it gets hit by a nerf anyways. Then in place of this thread we have the usual QQ, and i get called a troll for stating the obvious by telling everyone "i told you so".

People are discussing ways to circumvent the cooldown. Some might come up with ideas that GGG haven't thought of. I said might. But in that case, if someone's reading this discussion, the skill might get changed before it is released and before too many people became too fond of it because of it being OP.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
But in that case, if someone's reading this discussion, the skill might get changed before it is released and before too many people became too fond of it because of it being OP.

And that is part of the problem. This skill does not look like it is overpowered. Base damage isn't above either Static Strike or Molten Strike and people are already calling for a nerf.
The 25% damage reduction is nice, but needs to be comboed to work well. And that combo will make it do less damage, because the best combo is Endurance Charge on Melee stun.
Unless you want to manually use Enduring Cry(which also happens to have a 4 second cool down) every 4 seconds.

If this skill gets nerfed before it comes out, how do you know it would be any good? This case is similar to the case with many people complaining how overpowered Smashing Strikes for its 10% chance to gain Endurance Charge on Critical. Smashing Strikes got nerfed before it even came out. Smashing Strikes is a useless Endurance Charge generator. So anyone who picks it isn't picking it for the new effect.

So what happens is that you run into the issue that the skill sucks when it comes out and no one will use it for its intended use, as a possible primary attack skill.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
But in that case, if someone's reading this discussion, the skill might get changed before it is released and before too many people became too fond of it because of it being OP.

And that is part of the problem. This skill does not look like it is overpowered. Base damage isn't above either Static Strike or Molten Strike and people are already calling for a nerf.
The 25% damage reduction is nice, but needs to be comboed to work well. And that combo will make it do less damage, because the best combo is Endurance Charge on Melee stun.
Unless you want to manually use Enduring Cry(which also happens to have a 4 second cool down) every 4 seconds.

If this skill gets nerfed before it comes out, how do you know it would be any good?

We don't know, this is why I think the discussion is valuable. If no one comes up with a way to abuse the skill so you can use it with 10 APS or some other ridiculously OP stuff, all the better.
Discussing it does not mean people claiming it is OP are right, but it is nice to find out before.
Personally I like it this way round because I really don't like nerfs. So if the skill isn't OP and there's no need to nerf it afterwards, that is good in my book.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
This skill is definately insanely good.

Having 4.5k dps upon entering cruel... Charges nonstop.
"
LLM wrote:
This skill is definately insanely good.

Having 4.5k dps upon entering cruel... Charges nonstop.

Why necro tho. :(
"
You don't know what else is coming...

Um...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
You don't know what else is coming...

True, but I'm fairly confident that the issue with not being able to use multistrike will still apply. You can't multistrike on skills with cooldowns, even if you have a way to bypass the cooldown. It may still be a great skill but it doesn't seem like it will be overpowered in any way. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

then what is flicker strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info