I am waiting for vigilant strike to get nerfed

I just think GGG is overdoing another new skill and then waiting to nerf it when everyone is climaxing from it.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It has a cooldown so no multistrike and not going to get used as a main skill, only for activating the buff.... Doesn't seem like something that would warrant nerfing.
"
Conditional cooldown.

Afaik skills that expend endurance charges also have cooldowns. I may be missing something but I don't see any way to bypass it consistently enough to use as a main skill. Maybe there's a unique or something I've forgotten about?

Edit; ok Discharge, but still, I don't see how to make it work and you still wouldn't be able to multistrike with it.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Mar 31, 2015, 1:02:07 AM
"
You don't know what else is coming...

True, but I'm fairly confident that the issue with not being able to use multistrike will still apply. You can't multistrike on skills with cooldowns, even if you have a way to bypass the cooldown. It may still be a great skill but it doesn't seem like it will be overpowered in any way. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
It deals 165% of base damage. With a high damage weapon, some passives and the endurance charge on melee stun gem it should be possible to use it as an auto attack.

Also, "Can't be evaded" means I don't have to worry about my accuracy (or take RT), right? Therefore, one could invest into crits for even more damage/stuns.

Edit: If it works like Flicker Strike you get three attacks per activation when you support it with Multistrike. That means you could produce more endurance charges than you expend. And then you have the Fortify buff on top of that.
sounds like we can finally make tanky 2h chars in the str area of the tree. I am hyped now :)
Last edited by kruemel2222 on Mar 31, 2015, 1:16:34 AM
Multistrike or not, what keeps you from using melee splash and Daresso's Defiance? The damage should easily be high enough to kill at least one monster, and if it's three, then you get three more chances to kill. I certainly see the 'danger'.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
You don't know what else is coming...

True, but I'm fairly confident that the issue with not being able to use multistrike will still apply. You can't multistrike on skills with cooldowns, even if you have a way to bypass the cooldown. It may still be a great skill but it doesn't seem like it will be overpowered in any way. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The issue with a melee skill that doesnt use multistrike is how often you are going to miss monsters (even if "that attack cant be evaded") simply because sometimes they'll be a few steps away from the place you clicked, or move.

I know, because i tried. Its hairpulling frustrating, on a level of ripping out single hairs of your nose frustrating.

Besides, 165% damage effectiveness isnt anything new, static strike does more than that, molten strike does more than that (sometimes). I dont see what the fuzz is about, melee still needs some love one way or another and not in the damage departement.
Yes, ECoMS was my first thought, when I read "consume endurance charges". And having something like "you cannot stun with this skill" would be really silly, imo.
We'll see.

Oh, and I don't want to be in the way of any new exiles using this skill.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Cataca wrote:

Besides, 165% damage effectiveness isnt anything new, static strike does more than that, molten strike does more than that (sometimes). I dont see what the fuzz is about, melee still needs some love one way or another and not in the damage departement.

You do realize that "deals x% of base damage" and "x% increased (physical/elemental) damage" and damage effectiveness are all different things, do you? And 165 is a new high - static strike has 110 and molten strike has 120.

Also, aside from dealing damage, Vigilant Strike reduces incoming damage by 25%.
Last edited by kruemel2222 on Mar 31, 2015, 2:28:04 AM
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
And 165 is a new high

With a 4 second cooldown that you somehow have to mitigate between each strike.

At worst it sounds weak, at best it sounds balanced. I still don't see how it could be op.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Mar 31, 2015, 2:53:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info