I am waiting for vigilant strike to get nerfed

"
Krayken wrote:
"
Kullevi wrote:
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
I guess adding this skill would means also a nerf to mjolner build else mjolner would be way too overpower imo...

and for thoses mjolner fanboys let me tell you im a mjolner player too and probably way richer than you are and ya i dont care about my "op" build getting nerfed because i care more about the game health than myself C:

peace

Some Mjölner builds(see Havoc's or Mjolnoob builds) already are immune to phys and elemental dmg. This gem would allow them to tank Uber double flameblast if they have enough life/es.

They can already do that with 100% fire res.

Imo as i said the true change goes to discharge since discharge is the only reason they become so powerful because they get insane dps for the cost of nothing because discharge doesnt need any support from tree to hit hard so they just hav to add defensive nodes and giving a fuck about dps.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Mar 31, 2015, 2:54:16 PM
Why are GGG so dumb at skill balance? 150% damage and 15% less damage would still be OP for this new skill.

And tbh, casters are still far weaker for survivability than melees.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Mar 31, 2015, 5:16:26 PM
Everyone claims they love a challenge and want the game to be challenging but don't have the personal character to resist using the skills with the fastest clearspeeds aka OP. Most peoples first thoughts were "how can I circumvent the built in balancing point". Not "oh this takes challenge away. I won't use it because it goes against the hardcore spirit of the game". There will always be skills that outperform others. And everyone who "loves a challenge" will always choose them. Why nerf the fun for people who don't lie to themselves.
"
bhavv wrote:
Why are GGG so dumb at skill balance? 150% damage and 15% less damage would still be OP for this new skill.

And tbh, casters are still far weaker for survivability than melees.

eh? You will need to elaborate that.

Check any popular caster build, it either has

a. some (or all) resistances above 80%
b. aditional mitigation via AA and MoM
c. both

Melee builds usually just have leech and high base health and unless you are using a "melee" skill like reave and ST you need to be in the mobs faces. I am not even sure how you could come to the conclusion melees are tankier than casters.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Kullevi wrote:
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
I guess adding this skill would means also a nerf to mjolner build else mjolner would be way too overpower imo...

and for thoses mjolner fanboys let me tell you im a mjolner player too and probably way richer than you are and ya i dont care about my "op" build getting nerfed because i care more about the game health than myself C:

peace

Some Mjölner builds(see Havoc's or Mjolnoob builds) already are immune to phys and elemental dmg. This gem would allow them to tank Uber double flameblast if they have enough life/es.

They can already do that with 100% fire res.

Tested it. 101% fire res with flask. Biggest hit I took was around 8-8.2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGZ3xHT9Ns8

Hard for life build but I guess top tier ES build could have 100% fire res and 9-10k es.
I might be wrong but I think atziris fire pen,like any fire pen, will work from your max resist which is 100%. So that 1% doesn't matter at all
"
Krayken wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
It deals 165% of base damage. With a high damage weapon, some passives and the endurance charge on melee stun gem it should be possible to use it as an auto attack.

This would be so unreliable. If you don't stun then 4 seconds cooldown?...

As someone else already suggested: Enduring cry (+ spell echo). This would also be necessary for boss fights, since ECoMS does not work THAT well on bosses in my experience.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
It deals 165% of base damage. With a high damage weapon, some passives and the endurance charge on melee stun gem it should be possible to use it as an auto attack.

This would be so unreliable. If you don't stun then 4 seconds cooldown?...

As someone else already suggested: Enduring cry (+ spell echo). This would also be necessary for boss fights, since ECoMS does not work THAT well on bosses in my experience.

Enduring cry isn't a spell in 1.4, so spell echo won't work.

I like theory crafting as much as the next guy, but it's too soon. Forget the other changes, there's still a lot we don't know about this skill. What if the mana cost scales up dramatically with levels? What if it desyncs super hard on repeat hits and using it more than every 4 seconds is unreliable? Maybe it's broken, maybe it's not. Either way, put down the pitchforks until we can have a real discussion about it.
Well, EC still grants you [an] endurance charge(s) without spell echo.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
1 attack (3 with multi) every 4 seconds vs bosses does not sound like the next flameblast prolif.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info