I am waiting for vigilant strike to get nerfed

"
kruemel2222 wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

Besides, 165% damage effectiveness isnt anything new, static strike does more than that, molten strike does more than that (sometimes). I dont see what the fuzz is about, melee still needs some love one way or another and not in the damage departement.

You do realize that "deals x% of base damage" and "x% increased (physical/elemental) damage" and damage effectiveness are all different things, do you? And 165 is a new high - static strike has 110 and molten strike has 120.

Also, aside from dealing damage, Vigilant Strike reduces incoming damage by 25%.

Static Strike has an effective 180% (110%+70%) base damage after the duration expires, and Molten Strike has a theoretical 300% (120%+3*60%) if you connect with all three balls on one target. That's what he's talking about.

Of course, Molten Strike is wacky because the damage calculations are all shot to hell by half of it being projectile.

Also, on another note, Multistrike (and Echo) do bypass cooldowns. It works for Enduring Cry (for now), Cold Snap, and Flicker Strike, there's no reason it wouldn't work for this.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
And 165 is a new high

With a 4 second cooldown that you somehow have to mitigate between each strike.

But we don't know how long the buff will last nor do we know how many seconds per endurance charge expended the cooldown will reduce. The cooldown is meaningless at the moment because we don't know any more.

Edit: there's also the possibility of adding new skills or uniques that will expend or generate endurance charges (perhaps a warcry)?
Last edited by Mivvi on Mar 31, 2015, 3:01:21 AM
"
Mivvi wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
And 165 is a new high

With a 4 second cooldown that you somehow have to mitigate between each strike.

But we don't know how long the buff will last nor do we know how many seconds per endurance charge expended the cooldown will reduce. The cooldown is meaningless at the moment because we don't know any more.

Endurance Charges don't reduce the cooldown. If you use up an Endurance charge, you don't have a cooldown. Like flicker strike.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Mivvi wrote:

Endurance Charges don't reduce the cooldown. If you use up an Endurance charge, you don't have a cooldown. Like flicker strike.

Yeah that's what I said :)

Edit: sorry I misread the image in the news post (and I've never used Flicker Strike before). I still think there will be new ways implemented around getting rid of the cooldown (new skills/uniques etc.)
Last edited by Mivvi on Mar 31, 2015, 3:13:03 AM
Will most certainly be nerfed from the version they showed in the forum post. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good.
Why wouldn't multistrike not work with it? direct comparrison with flicker strike which has a cooldown and expends charges to bypass it.

By the sounds of it only one instance of the buff can be active and it dosen't stack, it's also a flat buff.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Mar 31, 2015, 3:11:31 AM
it's way too OP for any burn prolif build ( that doesnt give a fuck about cooldown or not using multistrike ).
In fact the skill would be OK with 100 % base damage...

Otherwise I would use it all day with
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Mar 31, 2015, 3:22:23 AM
"
Malone wrote:
"Currently" it's way too OP for any burn prolif build ( that doesnt give a fuck about cooldown or not using multistrike ).
In fact the skill would be OK with 100 % base damage...

Otherwise I would use it all day with

You are assuming that prolif has managed to escape being nerfed which we won't know until wee see patch notes
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I don't understand why make the skill so outright ridiculously good it practically begs to be broken And nerfed ASAP

165% base damage ? Inherent 100% accuracy with no crit penalty? 25% Damage reduction on top ?

A lot of casters use melee weapon too. This has all potential to spin completely out of hand.
It's not about people getting the Fortify to proc multiple times with multistrike, it's about making a high damage effectiveness gem with a good defensive proc as a main skill. People will also link it with Melee splash, but then it will probably suffer the same issues as Double Strike.

I'll see this in Herald of Ash builds, because you'd need to sacrifice 3 item slots for it to work straight up with AoF.

Either way, I'd be happy building around this. I always wanted to stack endurance charges for an offensive reasons.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info