I am waiting for vigilant strike to get nerfed

In perma leagues with volls it will be a beast.

Crit staff build with power charges and endurance charges. Hegemony's staff/gg crit staff.endurance and power charges staff nodes. crit. pcoc, ass mark/warlords mark. volls devotion. GG.
looking forward to a duelist build with daresso's defiance (or ambu's?) - crit vigilant strike + stun + endurance charge on melee stun + melee physical damage (can melee splash work/fit into this?) build whilst stacking armor/life and while not needing resolute technique, all the while leeching as much life back as possible with vaal pact...maybe i could even get mom and stack es/aura buffs since i save a ton of passives not having to go across the tree to resolute technique, and can pick up crit along the way to eb...how is this not op?
Last edited by awave on Mar 31, 2015, 4:25:45 AM
"
enveratise wrote:
It's not about people getting the Fortify to proc multiple times with multistrike, it's about making a high damage effectiveness gem with a good defensive proc as a main skill. People will also link it with Melee splash, but then it will probably suffer the same issues as Double Strike.

I'll see this in Herald of Ash builds, because you'd need to sacrifice 3 item slots for it to work straight up with AoF.

Either way, I'd be happy building around this. I always wanted to stack endurance charges for an offensive reasons.

And to some people it's about having fortify to automatically apply itself while doing max dps possible without having to use 2nd key. Facerollin'ness is important to some players as well.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I come back to this post of my own and I am surprised how no one tried to argue that it is imbalanced because the 25% damage reduction of fortification is GLOBAL. Both physical and elemental damage gets reduced by 25%. Even a lightning coil converts only 30% of physical away?

I think I probably dont need to dodge Atziri double flameblast anymore with that skill.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
enveratise wrote:
It's not about people getting the Fortify to proc multiple times with multistrike, it's about making a high damage effectiveness gem with a good defensive proc as a main skill. People will also link it with Melee splash, but then it will probably suffer the same issues as Double Strike.

I'll see this in Herald of Ash builds, because you'd need to sacrifice 3 item slots for it to work straight up with AoF.

Either way, I'd be happy building around this. I always wanted to stack endurance charges for an offensive reasons.

And to some people it's about having fortify to automatically apply itself while doing max dps possible without having to use 2nd key. Facerollin'ness is important to some players as well.

As an avid player of the ever popular "mouse only builds" I am looking forward to this. Move on LMB, this on RMB, mobility skill on wheel.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I come back to this post of my own and I am surprised how no one tried to argue that it is imbalanced because the 25% damage reduction of fortification is GLOBAL. Both physical and elemental damage gets reduced by 25%. Even a lightning coil converts only 30% of physical away?

I think I probably dont need to dodge Atziri double flameblast anymore with that skill.

Think of it as a passive 25% CoD that doesnt consume any mana... that can also stack with CoD...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
No reason to use multistrike on this.

You get a 2-handed weapon (STAFF HYPE?). You go full crit (cause you don't need accuracy) and then you prolif it.

I can already picture the skill 1-shotting entire rooms easy pz.
"
A lot of casters use melee weapon too. This has all potential to spin completely out of hand.

That sounds good in theory, but if they do what you suggest, they will have to walk up and correctly land a melee hit on the enemy.
There are times you miss the target, because you are hitting air as melee. Will the range caster risk walking up for the 25% reduction buff?

The skill seems like it will help melee as intended. If range wants to try to use it, I guess they can, but I am unsure how effective it will be.
Could only really tell once this skill is out and used.

It is kind of like back when they made the 10% Endurance Charge on Melee Crit Notable for Staves and many were complaining how overpowered it would be, and yet, it sucks.
"
Be this all as it may, I stand by the sentiment. GGG are squarely to blame for how the playerbase has turned out, and a big part of that is this annoying tendency to use the playerbase like beta testers. Those days are long gone.

I totally agree with this. I can't say otherwise or clearer than that. Using the entire playerbase as betatesters.
well if you prefer a game that doesnt need to beta tested by playerbase ( aka a dead game ) , there are plenty in the market.
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info