I am waiting for vigilant strike to get nerfed

So what this thread comes down to is, a gem that isnt even in the game yet will be nerfed before it will be in the game so players can QQ about nerfs that happened before they even used the gem in the first place. Nice. Now go back to playing your your CoC crit builds and wait for the QQ at least after the nerfs.

Power creep will (has?) ruined what is otherwise a fine game.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Power creep will (has?) ruined what is otherwise a fine game.

They are going to have to overtune melee some I think to get human beings (who are not always perfect decision makers) to give it a shot. Then they'll eventually have to dial it back. That's my guess anyway.
I guess adding this skill would means also a nerf to mjolner build else mjolner would be way too overpower imo...

and for thoses mjolner fanboys let me tell you im a mjolner player too and probably way richer than you are and ya i dont care about my "op" build getting nerfed because i care more about the game health than myself C:

peace
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Mar 31, 2015, 11:21:48 AM

I seriously doubt they'll allow it to work with triggering attacks (CoC) the more I think about it. Would seriously do 3x dps of straight dischargers and have the 25% mitigation.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I seriously doubt they'll allow it to work with triggering attacks (CoC) the more I think about it. Would seriously do 3x dps of straight dischargers and have the 25% mitigation.

im pretty sure discharge will get a modification so coc/mjolner builds wont abuse the gem.
"
I think you meant 'to get nerfed'.

And yeah. This is standard GGG practice. Give you guys the shiny toys, watch you break them, and then take them away. Rinse and repeat.

There is no coincidence people act like spoilt children here. GGG turns players into spoilt children by treating them like it.

"
You don't know what else is coming...

__

Be this all as it may, I stand by the sentiment. GGG are squarely to blame for how the playerbase has turned out, and a big part of that is this annoying tendency to use the playerbase like beta testers. Those days are long gone.

I couldn't agree more with these two posts. At best GGG are just plain incompetent when it comes to balance and at worse deliberately manipulate balancing to the detriment of the playing experience.
Last edited by f4sak3n on Mar 31, 2015, 12:08:55 PM
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
I guess adding this skill would means also a nerf to mjolner build else mjolner would be way too overpower imo...

and for thoses mjolner fanboys let me tell you im a mjolner player too and probably way richer than you are and ya i dont care about my "op" build getting nerfed because i care more about the game health than myself C:

peace

Some Mjölner builds(see Havoc's or Mjolnoob builds) already are immune to phys and elemental dmg. This gem would allow them to tank Uber double flameblast if they have enough life/es.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
A lot of casters use melee weapon too. This has all potential to spin completely out of hand.

That sounds good in theory, but if they do what you suggest, they will have to walk up and correctly land a melee hit on the enemy.
There are times you miss the target, because you are hitting air as melee. Will the range caster risk walking up for the 25% reduction buff?

The skill seems like it will help melee as intended. If range wants to try to use it, I guess they can, but I am unsure how effective it will be.
Could only really tell once this skill is out and used.

It is kind of like back when they made the 10% Endurance Charge on Melee Crit Notable for Staves and many were complaining how overpowered it would be, and yet, it sucks.

I understand your point but there are many caveats. There's pseudo melee like rf which are already kinda tanky and might use rt. Doriyanis is used for ele builds and it's not a downright shitty weapon. Once someone figures out a synergetical way... oh boy
"
f4sak3n wrote:
"
I think you meant 'to get nerfed'.

And yeah. This is standard GGG practice. Give you guys the shiny toys, watch you break them, and then take them away. Rinse and repeat.

There is no coincidence people act like spoilt children here. GGG turns players into spoilt children by treating them like it.

"
You don't know what else is coming...

__

Be this all as it may, I stand by the sentiment. GGG are squarely to blame for how the playerbase has turned out, and a big part of that is this annoying tendency to use the playerbase like beta testers. Those days are long gone.

I couldn't agree more with these two posts. At best GGG are just plain incompetent when it comes to balance and at worse deliberately manipulate balancing to the detriment of the playing experience.

I dont think he meant what you think he meant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info