I am waiting for vigilant strike to get nerfed

"

I dont think he meant what you think he meant.

And I think he did. See what I did there? :P

On a serious note though, to clarify my original post: I was extending what Charan said. I was pointing out that the most charitable interpretation of GGG's development "mistakes" is that they are incompetent. The least charitable interpretation is that GGG works in the way that Charan pointed out to achieve external goals like saving on testing resources or mixing up the metagame at the cost of a good experience for their players/customers.

In short, I was pointing out that GGG might not be as nefarious as Charan suggests but only if they are just plain bad at their jobs. I'm not sure which would be worse.
Last edited by f4sak3n on Mar 31, 2015, 12:36:21 PM
I'm waiting for it to be announced as a april fools joke.
Closed Beta Member.
Forget daressos, V-multi-splash-phys-end on stun, running warlords with an echo end cry before engaging. Seems pretty nonstop to me.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Forget daressos, V-multi-splash-phys-end on stun, running warlords with an echo end cry before engaging. Seems pretty nonstop to me.

Thats two damage gems in a 5 link, versus the usual 4 damage gems in a 5 link with static strike.

Things in this thread get wildly blown out of proportion.
"
Cataca wrote:
"
BackwoodsS wrote:

Thats two damage gems in a 5 link, versus the usual 4 damage gems in a 5 link with static strike.

Things in this thread get wildly blown out of proportion.

Huge base multi and crit with no accuracy. The return of the staff! Oh, im wild baby!
People have mentioned endurance charge on melee stun a couple of times but how well does that work on bosses?
"
f4sak3n wrote:
"

I dont think he meant what you think he meant.

And I think he did. See what I did there? :P

On a serious note though, to clarify my original post: I was extending what Charan said. I was pointing out that the most charitable interpretation of GGG's development "mistakes" is that they are incompetent. The least charitable interpretation is that GGG works in the way that Charan pointed out to achieve external goals like saving on testing resources or mixing up the metagame at the cost of a good experience for their players/customers.

In short, I was pointing out that GGG might not be as nefarious as Charan suggests but only if they are just plain bad at their jobs. I'm not sure which would be worse.

Theyre not incompetent, they have been too good for us, thats all there is to it.
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
It deals 165% of base damage. With a high damage weapon, some passives and the endurance charge on melee stun gem it should be possible to use it as an auto attack.

This would be so unreliable. If you don't stun then 4 seconds cooldown? Also you have a nice 165% of base damage yet you have to use a support gem that grants no additional dps to make it work... Static strike alone has a 170% dps multiplier (110% + 60%).

Imo vigilant strike is gtreat for what it is meant for : putting a nice defensive buff as a secondary attack that you use once every few seconds. Main DPS skill? Nahhhh.

Last edited by Krayken on Mar 31, 2015, 2:43:46 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I seriously doubt they'll allow it to work with triggering attacks (CoC) the more I think about it. Would seriously do 3x dps of straight dischargers and have the 25% mitigation.

I fail to see from where the 3x dps is coming from...
"
Kullevi wrote:
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
I guess adding this skill would means also a nerf to mjolner build else mjolner would be way too overpower imo...

and for thoses mjolner fanboys let me tell you im a mjolner player too and probably way richer than you are and ya i dont care about my "op" build getting nerfed because i care more about the game health than myself C:

peace

Some Mjölner builds(see Havoc's or Mjolnoob builds) already are immune to phys and elemental dmg. This gem would allow them to tank Uber double flameblast if they have enough life/es.

They can already do that with 100% fire res.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info