the huge difference loot RNG can make, when it's actually on your side

"
t_t wrote:
"
ShadyC wrote:
7 Jeweller's Orbs is not worth more than 1 Chaos.

Unless the new Master discounts messed with the general old ratios, but I highly doubt it would be more than 1 or 2 Jewel Orbs over the 1 Chaos value. In which case, I'm not interested in your semantics.

I should have clarified that its pretty much equal value, you are still very nit-picky.

rofl, You can't fucking do that.

You said I was exaggerating because "7 Jeweller's is worth more than a Chaos." I'm not being fucking nit-picky by calling you out on that false information. Is this how you debate?
"
t_t wrote:
No wonder people who proudly play self-found think it's hard. Reading this thread this is more of a L2P issue then the loot.

Maybe more of a L2RNG? (j/k) I related to the item finding: the armour and weapons I usually find are on the low end of possibilities, and many players might just vendor what I actually use. Coversely, the jewelry people are proud of and use makes me think that players are saving almost everything they find unidentified for chaos recipes, or else the only things they value are crit, crit multi, elemental damage and life.

It's all comes down to perspective, playing style, expectations and playing time. The mid-game gear can be a big hurdle for some characters, and the right item at the right time is a glorious thing.

Finding these gloves meant shock, freeze, chill etc were a quick temporary thing, not an ongoing danger.

I was in act 3 and and what my character really needed was about 20% fire resistance, so I could stop running purity of fire and quit running out of mana. Someone had the kindness to leave this as a white four link in the guild stash, and two alchs and a scour later, and this beauty showed up:

A great item? Not by any means. The perfect item for my character atm? You bet, and I was and am glad to have it.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Mar 30, 2015, 2:50:00 AM
the moment when you alch a leather belt and it rolls +20life +15rr1 +13r2 something and you are happy beyond belief
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info