the huge difference loot RNG can make, when it's actually on your side

"
Some of the responses in this thread are why people don't play PoE and say we all suck. Just so you know. I am looking at you BMBI.

Agree, bad form.

EDIT: And what's more, where are the report nazis?

Oh wait, they selectively report those they don't like.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 28, 2015, 4:14:26 AM
7 Jeweller's Orbs is not worth more than 1 Chaos.

Unless the new Master discounts messed with the general old ratios, but I highly doubt it would be more than 1 or 2 Jewel Orbs over the 1 Chaos value. In which case, I'm not interested in your semantics.
"
ShadyC wrote:

Unless the new Master discounts messed with the general old ratios, but I highly doubt it would be more than 1 or 2 Jewel Orbs over the 1 Chaos value. In which case, I'm not interested in your semantics.

And this thread descends into an economuh lesson. *sigh*
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
For people saying this is what "Self found gear looks like" (I play self found all of the time)

It's a literal 1 chaos item.

There are zero one chaos items in self found. You can sell a whole set of lvl 60+ rares for one chaos, or a red,green,blue linked item for one chromatic, but there isn't a single item that will vendor for a Chaos.

Whether the item is worth X number of orbs in trade is irrelevant to the OP's point:

What was a lucky RNG roll for his character at that time, made a big beneficial difference for his character.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
ShadyC wrote:

I should have clarified that its pretty much equal value, you are still very nit-picky.
Last edited by t_t on Mar 28, 2015, 7:35:28 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
For people saying this is what "Self found gear looks like" (I play self found all of the time)

It's a literal 1 chaos item.

There are zero one chaos items in self found. You can sell a whole set of lvl 60+ rares for one chaos, or a red,green,blue linked item for one chromatic, but there isn't a single item that will vendor for a Chaos.

Whether the item is worth X number of orbs in trade is irrelevant to the OP's point:

What was a lucky RNG roll for his character at that time, made a big beneficial difference for his character.

Did you not quote the rest of the post, it's a 1 chaos item because it's easy enough to find but worth to someone of a different build. If I found a sword on a spell caster that was 50% ipd and some crit chance and attack speed I wouldn't make a post about how "rng is on my side" despite the sword being equal to the wand if your going for this standard of enticement over a leveling item.

akin to getting a goldrim drop (assuming if you didn't need it), unless all of us who are playing self-found should praise RNG gods about our extreme luck in finding an unique common that you can use while leveing.

Which brings it to my point, it's hard to pin-point 1-60 massive upgrades if we are using this standard since the upgrade is from blue item > noncrappy rare. At this point we are just circlejerking about being self-found and praising rngjesus for any remotely usable item.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Mar 28, 2015, 12:57:58 PM
Cool thread. Some people are incredibly dense. I laugh at anyone linking really solid gear from Standard lol. Totally missing the point.

I've played Hardcore since I started, and have played most of the leagues. I don't play completely self-found, but I try to take care of myself without leaning 100% on trading.

First of all, self-found is a totally different game. When I reach the end of Cruel, being able to spend my 5-10 Chaos and Alchs on a full set of 80 life dual res gear is unparalleled. There is no "L2P issue". Playing self-found is magnitudes harder, period.

Secondly, that weapon is a decent drop for sure, so grate on that. I typically stick to the +1 gem scepters myself, but if I found one with cast speed AND spell damage I'd happily use it.

Yes, vendor recipes help, and there is a lot of skill and knowledge you can leverage to balance out RNG a bit. Especially if you trade. I always hoard Stone Hammers and the like early into a league so I can make a few extra Chaos.

But at the end of the day, Solo Self Found is the most susceptible to pure RNG. If it likes you, you have a much easier time. If not, you don't.

1 Chaos item or not, you find what you find, and from my experiences playing new leagues, the people complaining here must only use twink gear on Standard because they have no idea what counts as a decent drop in a fresh league.

I paid a total of 3 chaos for these pieces:

Like how can you even compare that to self found? I can't even link you stuff I found because it is so bad I had to vendor it and trade for actual gear.

Browsing my stash, this is the best thing I've found up to level 55:

A 1 chaos item. Weird, right?
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Mar 28, 2015, 1:10:32 PM
just chanced this
never lucky
Ignore the usual suspects Mr. Keys. Clive hit the nail on its head btw. Some people don't get what it means for a selffound character to drop the right item at the right time (too much shopping I guess).
I played a static mosher in torment and in his mid-40s he dropped this:

Spoiler

Selfsocketed and fused to 5L in just a few stacks of orbs. Probably best RNG I've ever had. Took the char to 81. Now dropped to standard and powering yet another static strike templar.

One mans "vendor thrash" is another mans treasure.

Grats on your find!

Spoiler
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Cool thread. Some people are incredibly dense. I laugh at anyone linking really solid gear from Standard lol. Totally missing the point.

I've played Hardcore since I started, and have played most of the leagues. I don't play completely self-found, but I try to take care of myself without leaning 100% on trading.

First of all, self-found is a totally different game. When I reach the end of Cruel, being able to spend my 5-10 Chaos and Alchs on a full set of 80 life dual res gear is unparalleled. There is no "L2P issue". Playing self-found is magnitudes harder, period.

Secondly, that weapon is a decent drop for sure, so grate on that. I typically stick to the +1 gem scepters myself, but if I found one with cast speed AND spell damage I'd happily use it.

Exactly! +1
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
Last edited by unsane69 on Mar 28, 2015, 1:16:37 PM
I dont get why other posters are flaming and dissing here. It is obvious OP is playing self-found character and is happy for the drop because his previous gear was crap.

I experienced similar situation in current 1-month league when I started Tornado shot hunter. I entered Merveil's lair on normal. When I landed last arrow and she fell to the ground, orange beam of light popped and familiar sound played. I got my first useless unique in this laague I though for myself. It was to my big surprise when I identified it to find out it was Ashrend. Useful unique and even supporting directly the character that found it. It certainly made me happy and I praised RNG god at that time.

There are happy moments in PoE from time to time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info