How many times have you RIP in the 1 Month HC league?

"
Twiiik wrote:
Been going slow and safe with my level 65 max resist incinerator... 4k Health and much safety equipment.
Then first map, hello Living Blood and more or less "insta death". Crap :_(
Strange thing is that two of my health flasks had remove bleeding, but my health still went to zero even with me hammering my flasks. Might have been lag.

Don't have much time to play, so getting that nice red armor set does not seem likely anymore. (yes, that is actual QQ)

:p

maybe it was the chaos-damage one? That thing "1-shotted"(shotgunned by chaos-projectile) my level74/4k hp a*s in a white 66 Tropical Island.. :D

e: the physical-one was allready a joke with my 10k armour/bleedpots
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Apr 4, 2015, 5:46:29 AM
Ripped on a Dunes Map with no mods @ lvl 69...
Nuclear Rhoa of apocalyptic Doom charged me in a matter of nanoseconds and
critted 4,4k defense away with one hit.

This beastly animal had extra damage and powerful crits and I was like *poof*
Outdated:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1955346 // IceShot Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1755526 // OccCIReave
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1164453 // MF_Party_Culler
More or less 2. Which isn't bad considering those were the first two HC chars i've ever done.

I did have a couple other deaths trying to do quick Brutus runs for gems (clarity and lightning trap since a templar doesn't get them early), but as those chars were going to be deleted anyway once i was finished i wouldn't much count them.

Otherwise:

I first ripped on Cruel Dominus with my melee 2h mace Cyclone/ST/Heavy Strike character (actually ripped because i panic alt-f4'd when i got rubberbanded badly in the fight, turns out my computer doesn't alt-f4 this game quickly at all; had i just manually tried to deal with the situation, i probably woulda lived. Oh well, now i know just to man up and deal with it).

The second was as a dual Flame Totem/multi Cold Snap trap character, in just act 3 of normal. I opened an unID box that summoned up 3 magic (bloodlines) packs and revived an few dozen enemies with onslaught, and i got overrun. Got greedy and cocky (didn't think anything in normal posed much of a threat, lesson learned).

Third character was the charm, redid the second character and completed all the challenges with him, never alt-f4d (or logout'ed, though i now knew that to be the wiser choice) and id'd most boxes i considered opening (as opposed to opening every box, often unid'd, which is what i usually do).
"
CrazylikE wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
Also, keep in mind that GGG has officially said that they balance the game around the fact that it is possible to alt+f4 out of the game, its a valid tactic and if you arent using it, that is fine but dont complain that others do.

not complaining just stating a fact altf4 kills the whole hardcore concept, which is why i dont play hardcore because you got people in top 10-30 using this "valid tactic" yes theres lag and desync but theres also /oos command.. so yeh GGG can call it a tactic but its cheap its not hardcore period.

You are not stating a fact, you are stating your own opinion, which is not the same opinion as everyone elses. Just because you think something doesnt make it right for everyone. Hopefully you will be able to apply this to other aspects of life as well.

I am stating a fact altf4 kills the concept of hardcore lemme break this down for you "If you are about to die and use a script or altf4 to instantly log yourself out you have killed the whole point of hardcore which is if u die u lose your shit period start over strategize better whatever" but no you go around the system by jus logging yourself out. And dont tell me ohh but desync i gotta use alt f4 its a "valid tactic bullshit"use the fucking /oos works for me everytime im not on hardcore but its works.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Zero. Leveled tornado shot to 80, got bored, rerolled a cycloner and finished 4/4 at level 78.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
"
xPiranha wrote:

I am stating a fact altf4 kills the concept of hardcore lemme break this down for you "If you are about to die and use a script or altf4 to instantly log yourself out you have killed the whole point of hardcore which is if u die u lose your shit period start over strategize better whatever" but no you go around the system by jus logging yourself out. And dont tell me ohh but desync i gotta use alt f4 its a "valid tactic bullshit"use the fucking /oos works for me everytime im not on hardcore but its works.

Then you don't know what GGG's idea of hardcore is, because if they wanted, they wouldn't let us logout instantly. It's a decision you must make and make the damn key press. In return, you lose the map portal and still risk dying anyway. It's a part of the game and high level players still die every day. Deal with it, or don't log out and die and be your own hero if that's what pleases you. In D3 you can't instantly log out or jump into a town portal and look how fucking fun and popular D3 hardcore is.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
Last edited by rinleezwins on Apr 4, 2015, 1:55:48 PM
"
rinleezwins wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:

Then you don't know what GGG's idea of hardcore is, because if they wanted, they wouldn't let us logout instantly. It's a decision you must make and make the damn key press. In return, you lose the map portal and still risk dying anyway. It's a part of the game and high level players still die every day. Deal with it, or don't log out and die and be your own hero if that's what pleases you. In D3 you can't instantly log out or jump into a town portal and look how fucking fun and popular D3 hardcore is.

Well GGG needs to change there name of that league lol cuz what they think hardcore is isnt hardcore at all, I dont play d3 so i dunno i like POE jus not how there hardcore works and how people claim that there hardcore players when there basically jus the same as a standard player if they choose to play with altf4 and scripts that jus logout u quickly witout even using altf4.

NEXT.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Apr 4, 2015, 3:25:24 PM
"
xPiranha wrote:
"
rinleezwins wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:

Well GGG needs to change there name of that league lol cuz what they think hardcore is isnt hardcore at all, I dont play d3 so i dunno i like POE jus not how there hardcore works and how people claim that there hardcore players when there basically jus the same as a standard player if they choose to play with altf4 and scripts that jus logout u quickly witout even using altf4.

NEXT.

Looks like you're very insecure about the fact that the league you're playing in is called softcore. Would you feel better if we just switched the names? :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
2 times same bullshit death warp over the place for 10+sec log out at 30% dead

surfstick is just bad for playing hc
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
I just ripped at lvl 33 on a possesed exile, alt f4'ed on time but came back and I was in standard, I am not playing again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info