just deleted my 87 ranger

"
GooberM wrote:
"
jadenharrow wrote:

So these are your definitions of various games endgame. I would like to point out according to you:

GAME END GAME THINGS TO DO #

GW2 1
AM 1/2
POE 5 (maybe 4 if your group item and currency farming)
WOW You didnt list any but it was gear and dungeon completion so 2

So by your own admission and definition POE has more things to do end game then other games?

No, you're just assuming things at this point. Those example were only to show you that dungeons and stuff isn't made to be a continuation of the storyline in every game's case. Not even many of them.

In GW2 the end game consisted of farming dungeons for tokens, farming crafting stuff to sell or use (ie crafting), play the trade market to flip and make mad $$$, participating in world PvP, kill world bosses, gather materials to forge legendaries.

It's what I can remember anyway.

Archeage had so much stuff to do, it's unreal

I played GW2's and to say there wasn't story in the dungeons is just lying. Would you say WOW didn't have end game because it was story directly related to main game story or off shoots of it?
Maps is this games version of dungeons, there is trading, there is crafting, there is currency, there is MUCH more incentive to roll other "classes/builds", leveling is also used as a tool for end game. Not everyone will be post 90 and frankly not everyone should be due to how this game is currently set up.

I just don't understand how you claim all that is Gw2's endgame when the EXACT same is available in POE albeit in different formats but then claim this game doesn't have or has a poor version of end game.

You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
Last edited by jadenharrow on Mar 23, 2015, 12:43:03 AM
gentleman,

the question is

Spoiler
what are your honest opniions about PoE vs GW2
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
jadenharrow wrote:

I played GW2's and to say there wasn't story in the dungeons is just lying.

I don't understand how you claim all that is Gw2's endgame when the EXACT same is available in POE albeit in different formats

When did I say there wasn't story? I said "GW2's dungeons did next to nothing for the story". You're assuming things again.

What else is left to do in Gw2 when you hit max level, tell me? That's the endgame.

In WoW, when you've done those dungeons for the storyline, what do you do? Don't you just go through those dungeons again, exclusively for drops this time?
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Mar 23, 2015, 12:44:26 AM
"
TheWretch wrote:
gentleman,

the question is

Spoiler

Gw2's dungeons only got you better looking armor with stats that were marginally better than stuff you could find/craft. Crap-tier endgame, dungeon-wise.

"
GooberM wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
gentleman,

the question is

Spoiler

Gw2's dungeons only got you better looking armor with stats that were marginally better than stuff you could find/craft. Crap-tier endgame, dungeon-wise.

why is that crap? isn't that kinda what we do here?
"
GooberM wrote:

What else is left to do in Gw2 when you hit max level, tell me? That's the endgame.

Same thing there is in POE at max level, run dungeons/maps and gain perfect gear, currency, etc

"
GooberM wrote:

In WoW, when you've done those dungeons for the storyline, what do you do? Don't you just go through those dungeons again, exclusively for drops this time?

Same thing there is in POE at max level, run dungeons/maps and gain perfect gear, currency, etc

I Would say there is MORE end game in POE then there was ever in WOW (other then maybe the PVP arena) Once you got geared out in hardmode... achievs? It was a LOT easier perfect gearing in WOW then POE
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
Last edited by jadenharrow on Mar 23, 2015, 12:49:46 AM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
gentleman,

the question is

Spoiler

why is that crap? isn't that kinda what we do here?

There were 2, I believe, max level dungeons at launch, which took like 30-45m each. I don't recall the dungeon equips being sellable. There was no real incentive to do dungeons for anything other than esthetics

"
jadenharrow wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:

Yeah, that's what I've been telling you since we started this. You just described PoE's endgame

I think thats alright? whats a game you think has a strong end game? what does it do more than that?
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 23, 2015, 12:52:50 AM
"
GooberM wrote:
"
jadenharrow wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:

Yeah, that's what I've been telling you since we started this. You just described PoE's endgame

I find it ludicrous to describe as end game when it takes the most amount of gameplay/time and the most effort for me post DOM IS the game. End game is 100 with perfect gear. Can you tell me what level end game occurs in POE?

For most people who try POE end game was probably around act 3 cruel. (I am assuming out of a hat here but I doubt most people finish cruel)

You may think that was end game for all those games, but for me in WOW particularly the game didn't start until hardmodes, end game was running alts through it after your main was geared out.
Because we had completed with those characters all we could to progress in the game. We were at contents end.

Very very few people ever reach 100 (which is content) with perfect gear in POE (gearing is also content). Very few people actually hit end game if any.
Last edited by jadenharrow on Mar 23, 2015, 12:59:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info