just deleted my 87 ranger

regarding maps:

i just wanna mention that ggg implemented a huge advantage over former gameplay by providing daily high level zana missions which often enough give you another chance to start building up your high level map pool without going back doing level 70 maps with our endgame char.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
play game -> get rich

Spoiler

TL/DR
TL/DR: Some players are not worth keeping and it is better for the game that they leave. Meeting their needs would mean dumbing down the game and making it rain GG drops so that the game can be facetanked within days. I believe the OP to be one of the players that I am referring to. Let him go

"
jackof8lades wrote:
Reason is simple 0 drops and even if once in while lets say once a month if you play 10 hours a day you get something you cant sell it.
This whole player based economie has to be the most retarded thing i have ever seen
But thats not why i deleted my character
I simply ran out of maps like i had 0 maps nothing dropped no boxes nothing
And i simply refuse to grind docks whit a lvl 87 character
Why is there no gold in this game? so at least you can grind that and actualy buy stuff.
Look at eve online now thats a good system thats an actualy functioning economy
You know what i am gonna move on to that game again this whole rng based shit is just that its shit and anti fun

Trying to retain all players is actually a bad thing since not all players are made from the same mold. Any attempts to meet everyone's needs ends with meeting no one's. This particular person I would wish the best too if not for the negative, sob-fest, vitriol spewing post without any real suggestions.

The temporary leagues ends in just a few minutes and I have 14 tabs of maps that are largely filled. My 77/78/79 stash isn't the most impressive thing in the world but I don't roll my maps heavily. I can't get rid of my 74 and below maps (Not that I'm trying to, they are great to speed run and build up more maps).

77-79 Maps

My other stash tabs are not worth linking...76 and below is simply overwhelming. Never bought a map, never joined a public map group during whole league. Maybe I've had a few months of good luck (year+ if you count all leagues).....but doubt it. I offer up this instead: On the surface, it appears the OP simply does not know how to play the game and rather than owning it and trying to improve blames everything/everyone else for their shortcomings.

I really would say good luck if not for the nastiness in your post. Instead, I'll go with good riddance.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 23, 2015, 4:20:20 PM
I deleted my level 92 HC character... so that I could make another in a fresh league.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
I deleted my level 92 HC character... so that I could make another in a fresh league.

I agree.
PoE is a alt spam fest I dont know why people still fail to realize this.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
If you don't like the drops because of trading and prices in standard then:
- trade in temp HC
- or play completely selffound in normal

Then drops will get better.
1. The gold you speak of are chaos orbs in this game, or fusings/jewellers/alterations if you prefer. If you didn't get this by now -you were 87- I don't know when you will though.

2. With your approach, just play standard/hardcore, use maps from previous leagues, use your Zana('s) which are probably level 8, then you'll have enough maps. (I'm not talking about people playing 10 hours a day every day here though). That's what I did because I had never stepped into a level 74 in a temp league (highest char 89). That's how the game is if you don't like trade (like me), accept it, have fun. So many people with a messed up midset complaining about things they actually never thought about. Some people ... But yeah if you're doing docks at 87 I guess you should try thinking a bit, it might help.
Last edited by leto2626 on Mar 23, 2015, 6:48:02 PM
what was the d2 endgame ? spamming mephi runs 1000 a night and noone complained
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ventiman wrote:
what was the d2 endgame ? spamming mephi runs 1000 a night and noone complained

d2 endgame was pvp...
End game is whatever you want it to be. GGG provides a framework to play within. I personally view the end of the campaign as the end of the main game, and everything afterward as "end game" things.

The appearance of many discussing what's after maps or leveling, or anything but what's after Dominus to me shows some success in the "end game" arena because people view what I see as end game as the main game.

For some it might be pvp. For others it might be market dominance. Others might enjoy theory crafting forming a symbiotic relationship with those that enjoy making tons of characters to test out theory crafted builds. For a few masochistic folks, end game might be level to 100. In temp leagues, end game may be 8/8.

All are legit.

End game for me in D2 was farming and min/maxing. I could not stand grievers and pvp was bland. But for some, end game was pvp. To each their own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info