just deleted my 87 ranger

cant believe you ran out of maps, did you vendor them all into 73+ maps and not get drops within those or something? im overflowing in maps at lvl 84.
At least in D3 you got access to content allowing you to "level up" and the associated parangon levels make you feel like there's some progression.

Past 85 you can forget any of those feelings here xD.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
At least in D3 you got access to content allowing you to "level up" and the associated parangon levels make you feel like there's some progression.

This is by design... PoE is basically altarino spamarino... you are suppose to chain reroll and keep making alts over and over... this is how PoE is designed and this is why in order to experience the new cool contents in temporary leagues 1st hand you are required to start all over.

I guess its a clever way to get around the "endgame is too boring" without really making endgame better.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
awave wrote:
cant believe you ran out of maps, did you vendor them all into 73+ maps and not get drops within those or something? im overflowing in maps at lvl 84.

Same, @ 85..I have probably 2/3 of a tab of maps 1/3 being lvl 70 or higher.... if need be I have enough currency and items to attain almost anything I want.

Granted it isn't my first character but I never planned to play one character, so it doesn't matter.

The only thing I can think of is OP didn't roll the maps for high IIQ, which drastically reduced his chance for map drops.

You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
Last edited by jadenharrow on Mar 22, 2015, 11:35:37 PM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Mischief67 wrote:

This is by design... PoE is basically altarino spamarino... you are suppose to chain reroll and keep making alts over and over... this is how PoE is designed and this is why in order to experience the new cool contents in temporary leagues 1st hand you are required to start all over.

I guess its a clever way to get around the "endgame is too boring" without really making endgame better.

So what you're saying is that there's no endgame (or it sucks hard) and your only option is to be a reroll monkey or get bored to fking death.

Thanks for corroborating my statements and the OP's view.
=
"
Pewzor wrote:

I never understood what gamers expect from end game, it is like complaining something is too cold and asking for it to be colder. It is END GAME, the END because the content ENDS.
If I was to assert that merci is the start of END GAME then POE has great endgame content. However we as a mindless collective have decided that it is not the end game because there is so much more content which directly contradicts the want for "end game content".

THERE IS NO END_GAME CONTENT EVER..................It is a fantasy of irrational want
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Mischief67 wrote:

So what you're saying is that there's no endgame (or it sucks hard) and your only option is to be a reroll monkey or get bored to fking death.

Thanks for corroborating my statements and the OP's view.

You shouldn't be trying to play an arpg as you would an mmorpg. PoE isn't an mmo.

Reroll & enjoy!
"
jadenharrow wrote:
=
"
Pewzor wrote:

I never understood what gamers expect from end game, it is like complaining something is too cold and asking for it to be colder. It is END GAME, the END because the content ENDS.
If I was to assert that merci is the start of END GAME then POE has great endgame content. However we as a mindless collective have decided that it is not the end game because there is so much more content which directly contradicts the want for "end game content".

THERE IS NO END_GAME CONTENT EVER..................It is a fantasy of irrational want

That's probably the most idiotic view ever. Please refrain from statements such as "we as a mindless collective", you trying to include everybody in your stupid thinking process sure does not help your case or make it correct.

Of course there's a thing called "end-game", then maybe you like it or not.

Here one of the issue is that our so-called end-game is massively fking gated. It's not even that you can't do it, it's more that you're likely not to even be allowed to go there since it requires "maps".

As I wrote in the past, end-game should be hard, harsh, but accessible. Currently end-game sucks balls and is not accessible.
"
Mischief67 wrote:

That's probably the most idiotic view ever. Please refrain from statements such as "we as a mindless collective", you trying to include everybody in your stupid thinking process sure does not help your case or make it correct.

Of course there's a thing called "end-game", then maybe you like it or not.

Here one of the issue is that our so-called end-game is massively fking gated. It's not even that you can't do it, it's more that you're likely not to even be allowed to go there since it requires "maps".

As I wrote in the past, end-game should be hard, harsh, but accessible. Currently end-game sucks balls and is not accessible.

I will take your disapproval at my statement as a compliment given your argument against it.
There is no end game, if it is end game then it is the end. If YOU choose for end game to be post Merci and Mapping that is your definition. However I would be willing to bet the Majority of people who have played POE never have made it out of Merci and into mapping statistically. So your end game is a small minority of players compared to the majorities end game. So please define what your definition of "END GAME" and please enlighten me and us on this forum how it differentiates between just game play.

As to mapping
How is it NOT accessible? I play just like anyone else and it is perfectly accessible, has been for years and I am sure will continue to be so. IN fact I recently just came back from a 1.5 year hiatus and had no maps post 66-67 and now in a couple weeks time have lvl 85 character and a plethora of low to mid 70 maps and the currency to buy more. How was this not accessible to me or others?
Last edited by jadenharrow on Mar 22, 2015, 11:51:36 PM
Op,

Yeah, I agree with you!!! The drops are shitty as hell, and I have gotten some bad weeks with no decent drops. Hope all is well with your new game or even try out a new character.

Thanks,

Andy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info