just deleted my 87 ranger

"
jadenharrow wrote:
I never understood what gamers expect from end game, it is like complaining something is too cold and asking for it to be colder.

That makes no sense at all. What people want from end game is something to do when you're done with the storyline.

"
jadenharrow wrote:
It is END GAME, the END because the content ENDS.

No it's not. In MMOs, at the very least, the end game is the dungeon part when you hit max level

"
jadenharrow wrote:
If I was to assert that merci is the start of END GAME then POE has great endgame content.

You'd be wrong. Merci is just the previous 2 difficulties, with less resistances lol, it wouldn't make for a great end game. End game starts at lv66 mapping and ends at Uber Atziri, I guess? Though most people wont make it there. Some won't make it to high-ish level maps or won't be able to sustain them

"
jadenharrow wrote:
However we as a mindless collective have decided that it is not the end game because there is so much more content which directly contradicts the want for "end game content".

I really didn't get this part.

"
jadenharrow wrote:
THERE IS NO END_GAME CONTENT EVER..................It is a fantasy of irrational want

That makes no sense
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

this game is not for everyone
Let the games begin
can i have your stuff?
"
GooberM wrote:

That makes no sense at all. What people want from end game is something to do when you're done with the storyline.

"
GooberM wrote:

No it's not. In MMOs, at the very least, the end game is the dungeon part when you hit max level

As someone who has played mmo's for the past 15 or so years this directly contradicts each other, most end game dungeons which WOW definitely built an empire on are continuation or finality of part of the story line directly resulting in the conclusion of said story once you clear content. In fact It takes longer in most MMO's to beat these dungeons then it takes to level through the entire game making it the majority of game time.

POE maps and post lvl 80 grind is very similar.

As a side note I would encourage you to show us your max level character so as you said we can discuss "the end game is the dungeon part when you hit max level"

"
GooberM wrote:

You'd be wrong. Merci is just the previous 2 difficulties

Okay then please define "end game" because you failed on your first attempt please see the top of the post ^^
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
Last edited by jadenharrow on Mar 23, 2015, 12:08:34 AM
My 87 scion died on Saturday. Oh noes, I have to go through another whole three days of leveling.....

If you want to make a fuss about ragequitting, do it properly and give away all your stuff. Just sayin'.
"
jadenharrow wrote:
please define "end game" because you failed on your first attempt please see the top of the post ^^

It's exactly what I told you it is.

GW2's dungeons did next to nothing for the story and that certainly was end game content. It took way longer to hit max level than it did to go through each dungeon once.

After you hit Lv50 in Archeage, your end game was pretty much just farming for tokens to trade in for items. You could also get better at forging for better equips. The dungeons did nothing for the story.

Aura Kingdom's endgame was pretty much 1 or 2 max level dungeons that had no story, just farming for loot. Getting max level was way longer than beating those dungeons. A lot of Aeria games do this.

PoE's story ends when you kill Dominus in Merc. the rest is just farming and leveling. For some it's to gather currency for another build, for others it's to kill Atziri and for the rest, its to reach max level.

WoW may have handled endgame better than other games have, but it certainly doesn't change what endgame is; stuff to do when you're done with the storyline, or at least something to do when you're done leveling, in MMOs

Last edited by GooberM on Mar 23, 2015, 12:17:04 AM
Agree to some extent. But i still find the game very playable and i still think it is in my top 5 games of all time list.

But i am growing tired, really tired. I have played the game for maybe 2000 hours not including time spent in town selling shit, perhaps even more. This game have sucked out many, many days from my life and in the end i have nothing to show for it other than the fun times i've had.

Maybe 50 exalts have dropped and like 30 divines, one(ONE!) tier 1 unique has dropped since i started playing(goddes). My most precious rare was sold for 8 exalts(mastercrafted btw, have crafted many in that range) and the best rare drop sold for 4 ex.
No items chanced yet either and no lucky yolo-exalts. Allways thorns or some shit like that and still i am trying to convince myself that my bad luck has run out, next league, next yolo-exalt...

Same shit league after league, re-rolling and re-rolling. Spending everything on 1 ex uniques and gems and either failing with the build(shit happens right?) or feeling bored with it. I have bought 4 5l bellys this league, sold 3 of them wihtout getting the currency back, bought 2 5l cods, bricked one of them... the list goes on and on, for an altTARD like me, this is how PoE is.

My biggest concern about all of this regarding the game and not my life is what the point is, if i play and keep grinding without getting anything in return to fund future characters and the dropchance of usable rares or uniques is non-existant, why do i keep on struggling?

Well, it seems i am trully exhausted. But next league...
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
Last edited by Strimlaren on Mar 23, 2015, 12:21:13 AM
"
GooberM wrote:
"
jadenharrow wrote:
please define "end game" because you failed on your first attempt please see the top of the post ^^

It's exactly what I told you it is.

GW2's dungeons did next to nothing for the story and that certainly was end game content. It took way longer to hit max level than it did to go through each dungeon once.

After you hit Lv50 in Archeage, your end game was pretty much just farming for tokens to trade in for items. You could also get better at forging for better equips. The dungeons did nothing for the story.

Aura Kingdom's endgame was pretty much 1 or 2 max level dungeons that had no story, just farming for loot. Getting max level was way longer than beating those dungeons. A lot of Aeria games do this.

PoE's story ends when you kill Dominus in Merc. the rest is just farming and leveling. For some it's to gather currency for another build, for others it's to kill Atziri and for the rest, its to reach max level.

WoW may have handled endgame better than other games have, but it certainly doesn't change what endgame is; stuff to do when you're done with the storyline, or at least something to do when you're done leveling, in MMOs

So these are your definitions of various games endgame. I would like to point out according to you:

GAME END GAME THINGS TO DO #

GW2 1
AM 1/2
POE 5 (maybe 4 if your group item and currency farming)
WOW You didnt list any but it was gear and dungeon completion so 2

So by your own admission and definition POE has more things to do end game then other games?
You know it takes to farm? It takes BRASS BALLS to farm items and currency. Go and do likewise gents. Currency is out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I got no sympathy for you.
A.B.F. --- Always Be Farming
Farewell.

P.S. Buy maps with currency.
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png
"
jadenharrow wrote:

So these are your definitions of various games endgame. I would like to point out according to you:

GAME END GAME THINGS TO DO #

GW2 1
AM 1/2
POE 5 (maybe 4 if your group item and currency farming)
WOW You didnt list any but it was gear and dungeon completion so 2

So by your own admission and definition POE has more things to do end game then other games?

No, you're just assuming things at this point. Those example were only to show you that dungeons and stuff isn't made to be a continuation of the storyline in every game's case. Not even many of them.

In GW2 the end game consisted of farming dungeons for tokens, farming crafting stuff to sell or use (ie crafting), play the trade market to flip and make mad $$$, participating in world PvP, kill world bosses, gather materials to forge legendaries.

It's what I can remember anyway.

Archeage had so much stuff to do, it's unreal

Last edited by GooberM on Mar 23, 2015, 12:32:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info