just deleted my 87 ranger

"
GooberM wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
I think thats alright? whats a game you think has a strong end game? what does it do more than that?

Archeage had everything I described about Gw2. The dungeons weren't any better mind you.

However, it had stuff you do from Lv1, like farming and housing, but having those elements present in the endgame gave it a lot more fun. You could plant on land you didn't own and risk having it stolen.

You could also reach 3000 infamy points to become a pirate and have the whole game as a PvP area, IIRC. Bringing trade packs to the enemy's continent was hella fun too.

You also had gliders which made the entire map explorable. At lv50, you could explore the whole thing without fearing the mobs

so.. farming beets, playing minecraft and gliding around with a hang glider would make for a better end game? Im gonna go and disagree with that. Sry dude I don't see what your beef is. And quoting wiki for end game.. really?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
GooberM wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
I think thats alright? whats a game you think has a strong end game? what does it do more than that?

Archeage had everything I described about Gw2. The dungeons weren't any better mind you.

However, it had stuff you do from Lv1, like farming and housing, but having those elements present in the endgame gave it a lot more fun. You could plant on land you didn't own and risk having it stolen.

You could also reach 3000 infamy points to become a pirate and have the whole game as a PvP area, IIRC. Bringing trade packs to the enemy's continent was hella fun too.

You also had gliders which made the entire map explorable. At lv50, you could explore the whole thing without fearing the mobs

so.. farming beets, playing minecraft and gliding around with a hang glider would make for a better end game? Im gonna go and disagree with that. Sry dude I don't see what your beef is. And quoting wiki for end game.. really?

I don't think there were beets in Archeage. Anyway, it certainly made for a more varied endgame than most games can claim. There was a crap ton of gathering and proficiencies as well. However, feel free to disagree, though if you haven't even played it you really have no basis to judge.

Do you think the definition is wrong? Tell me yours, in that case. The wow wiki defines it like this: "The term "End-game" [...] merely refers to the most challenging content".

Also, here's a poll on what people consider endgame to be, though maybe that's not official enough for you: http://goo.gl/s3rcoQ

I don't understand the part about me having me beef. I've spent way more time playing PoE than Archeage for sure.

What game do you think has a strong endgame? I know WoW does, but I haven't played it
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Mar 23, 2015, 4:12:55 AM
"Endgame" is a concept that originated from MMO's. It is a game philosophy that believes the TRUE game begins once you finish the official campaign. Personally that is why MMO's are so boring in my opinion.

PoE is an action rpg, not a MMO. PoE begins when you are stranded on that dismal coast and currently ends when you eliminate Dominus. The people complaining about map drops and the amount of time it takes to reach a higher level, unfortunately came to Poe with the wrong mindset.

New content will arrive this year. So I advice to take a break.

Also do not confuse "endgame" to additional content. Most games do have additional content. In Poe it takes the form of maps, Atziri, races, pvp, league specific achievements, expanding your hideout, masters, ...

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Mar 23, 2015, 4:42:23 AM
it don't matter this is path of temp leagues
"
Reinhart wrote:
New content will arrive this year. So I advice to take a break.

I dont think that act 4 will be the savior if thats the new content you are talking about.
It doesnt fix desynch which was promised to get rid of in CB, it doesnt bring a whole new trading system which was promised 3 years ago , it doesnt change the RNG thing that this game is based on which I personally hate and it doesnt fix the one skill mash/spam gamestyle which is imo boring and repetetive as hell.
"
Reason is simple 0 drops

I just discover that you can increase your drop rate by deleting character. Anyone know how long is the drop rate buff ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
"
Reason is simple 0 drops

I just discover that you can increase your drop rate by deleting character. Anyone know how long is the drop rate buff ?

I think it might be somewhere in between 0 seconds to 0 seconds. Not sure tho.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
"
Reason is simple 0 drops

I think it might be somewhere in between 0 seconds to 0 seconds. Not sure tho.

You won't be saying that when you that a achievement for getting a Unique on the start zone.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
GooberM wrote:

You won't be saying that when you that a achievement for getting a Unique on the start zone.

Pics or did not happen. :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I understand where OP is coming from (luck based progression & tradecore-driven game design), but deleting your high char was a mistake.

There's a few basic things you have to do, which worked for me through most of temp. leagues & Std. With little trading.

* you have to play 70%+ maps and you have to play enough of them (to beat RNG variance)
* you have to have 50 - 100 IIR, else you wont loot anything, but you don't need 400/100 culler whatever...
* control your gambling impulse, save up orbs, don't waste them until it's really needed
* if you trade, then set up a shop, trade chat is pure garbage

If you'd asked for help instead, people would help you with mapping advices (how to maintain pool) or even by giving you maps.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info