Car enthusiast thread (LOL)

"
solwitch wrote:
Just to give those a lesson on purchasing a car few tips...

1. If you have to take out a loan term longer than 36 months you can't afford it.
2. Buying a new car is the worst mistake you can make if you don't own a home or have school loans.
3. New Cars depreciate 20% as soon as you drive off the lot...

My old friend that is a car salesman, taught me, "there's an ass for every seat."

Oh man, so much fail, I wont even bother.

E: on a final note enjoy your 5 year old beater with no warranty.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 22, 2015, 2:46:53 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Canada, but yes its exactly like the US market that way.

I get how it works I worked at dealerships in my 20s. That's still silly to me, id have gone for a more expensive model in a less expensive brand. Buying bottom you're asking for problems, even if its a fkn Maserati.

I think what you consider expensive is completely different from what I consider expensive. Bmw, audi and mercedes are on a totally different level than any other car brand. It's night and day...

I think if you by a car based on year you're asking for trouble.

To put in perspective, I think you are assuming that buying a 2015 vw Gli new would be better than purchasing a 2011 used mercedes? LOL...

Umm actually, its not. Ive worked for 2 out've the 3 you mentioned. Ive owned 2 audis. You can find better quality in a Kia for certain things. But sheep will be sheep.

I think you're misleading the community... Just by your comments I'll call bs.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

1. If you have to take out a loan term longer than 36 months you can't afford it.
2. Buying a new car is the worst mistake you can make if you don't own a home or have school loans.

My old friend that is a car salesman, taught me, "there's an ass for every seat."

Don't... Lol you're not going to win an argument when you have literally no collateral on the subject. Not all us Americans live beyond our means, ;)

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

Don't... Lol you're not going to win an argument when you have literally no collateral on the subject. Not all us Americans live beyond our means, ;)

you admittedly shopped at neiman marcus when you drove a VW...ok.
You know I'm all up for having a good time etc... But when information starts to be misleading or people try to establish a convincing argument by stating they did this or worked here, it raises a red flag.

"
solwitch wrote:
You know I'm all up for having a good time etc... But when information starts to be misleading or people try to establish a convincing argument by stating they did this or worked here, it raises a red flag.

id post old paystubs but then I thought... its solwich
"
solwitch wrote:

Actually, majority of millionaires drive grand Cherokees... Problem with that? Usually people that flaunt they have money 99% of the time don't...

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

id post old paystubs but then I thought... its solwich

And so the conversation is derailed and back to me... I can deal with that ^.^

"
TheWretch wrote:

I get how it works I worked at dealerships in my 20s. That's still silly to me, id have gone for a more expensive model in a less expensive brand. Buying bottom you're asking for problems, even if its a fkn Maserati.

E: I chuckle when I see people driving boxsters, 300 series or 200i's. You obviously cant afford that car. Its funny.

Ha :) I'm stupid when it comes to purchasing cars. I bought my RX8 because of the engine noise.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
TheWretch wrote:

E: I chuckle when I see people driving boxsters, 300 series or 200i's. You obviously cant afford that car. Its funny.

Ha :) I'm stupid when it comes to purchasing cars. I bought my RX8 because of the engine noise.

I raced a rx8 was fun, GTI vw ^.^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info