Car enthusiast thread (LOL)

"
solwitch wrote:
"
I'd check to see if you need to recharge/replace your AC refridgerant. If you're running low then the over engine action of the air movement will provide enough cooling to make it noticeable when driving, but you won't get effective cooling when parked.

What model/year Mercedes?

2011 c300... I called mercedes they said something about humidifier and placing key on shift 2.

I've never driven a C300, don't know much about them sorry. Nice looking car according to Google though :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
"
solwitch wrote:
"
I'd check to see if you need to recharge/replace your AC refridgerant. If you're running low then the over engine action of the air movement will provide enough cooling to make it noticeable when driving, but you won't get effective cooling when parked.

2011 c300... I called mercedes they said something about humidifier and placing key on shift 2.

I've never driven a C300, don't know much about them sorry. Nice looking car according to Google though :)

Spoiler

It's okay, German engendering weird sometimes, like with my old gti the engine when turned off sounded like it was still on... And that's perfectly normal. Anyways posted pic Srry its big on iPad and tiny pic hard to adjust.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
"

so you bought the used 5 year old version of the lowest model on the totem pole? way to buy into that luxury life

also, sweet dodge on the questions, I still don't buy it :)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 22, 2015, 2:07:41 PM
"
Moonyu wrote:
We set our car for servicing and they had to ask for it back after they discovered their recharger wasn't working properly.

Not having a fully charge AC could be the problem. Nothing actually broken, just not right.

I'm thinking it's just something I did messing around trying to figure out the navi and iPhone connection.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
"

so you bought the used 5 year old version of the lowest model on the totem pole? way to buy into that luxury life

Well I had three options:

New leased or financed 2015 mercedes $38,000 c250 (I would never buy new)
2014 used $29,000 with 39,000 miles (3 owners and almond leather with baige ewwwww)
2011 $22,000 with 22,000 miles 1 owner (white with stone leather black accents)

Keep in mind I was upside down on my gti, put too many miles, by 3 grand. I qualified for 39,000 with two banks. I made the choice based on looks and I'm frugal, I can't help it. I can sleep at night... ^.^ what's more important in two years I'll upgrade. I think people need to learn to hold on to their money these days.

Edit: it's soooooo pretty ^.^

Last edited by solwitch on Mar 22, 2015, 2:25:36 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
"

You're from the US, right Wretch? Car culture over there is pretty heavily orientated to new models, isn't it?

Here in NZ, we're pretty much older model secondhand stuff. I think its because we get them so bloody cheap from Japan.

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Canada, but yes its exactly like the US market that way.

I get how it works I worked at dealerships in my 20s. That's still silly to me, id have gone for a more expensive model in a less expensive brand. Buying bottom you're asking for problems, even if its a fkn Maserati.

E: I chuckle when I see people driving boxsters, 300 series or 200i's. You obviously cant afford that car. Its funny.
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 22, 2015, 2:31:29 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

I get how it works I worked at dealerships in my 20s. That's still silly to me, id have gone for a more expensive model in a less expensive brand. Buying bottom you're asking for problems, even if its a fkn Maserati.

I think what you consider expensive is completely different from what I consider expensive. Bmw, audi and mercedes are on a totally different level than any other car brand. It's night and day...

I think if you by a car based on year you're asking for trouble.

To put in perspective, I think you are assuming that buying a 2015 vw Gli new would be better than purchasing a 2011 used mercedes? LOL...

Last edited by solwitch on Mar 22, 2015, 2:37:15 PM
"
solwitch wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

I think what you consider expensive is completely different from what I consider expensive. Bmw, audi and mercedes are on a totally different level than any other car brand. It's night and day...

I think if you by a car based on year you're asking for trouble.

To put in perspective, I think you are assuming that buying a 2015 vw Gli new would be better than purchasing a 2011 used mercedes? LOL...

Umm actually, its not. Ive worked for 2 out've the 3 you mentioned. Ive owned 2 audis. You can find better quality in a Kia for certain things. But sheep will be sheep.
Just to give those a lesson on purchasing a car few tips...

1. If you have to take out a loan term longer than 36 months you can't afford it.
2. Buying a new car is the worst mistake you can make if you don't own a home or have school loans.
3. New Cars depreciate 20% as soon as you drive off the lot...

My old friend that is a car salesman, taught me, "there's an ass for every seat."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info