Pillars of Eternity (PoE)

(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 2, 2015, 6:56:00 PM
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 2, 2015, 9:26:37 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:
Just did Sanitarium, some hard decisions were made. Really liked that part and the way some moral questions were presented.

The game is just getting better and better as the plot advances.

This. Sanatorium was a sensation. I lost faith that games can give me this feeling in 2015. But this game can.
I must say: "Brave Derrin" was one of the most intense things i ever encountered in a game. To be honest: i was nearly crying. Don't want to spoil things, but this was just an intense experience i never expected of a game in 2015. This game is epic. Even if some bugs occured that i don't like. Did you guys manage to do raedrics hold without any loading and saving crashes?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Scrotie's PotD race analysis

Rating scale
5/5 Strong impact with "always" occurence. Feels like cheating.
4/5 Strong impact with occasional occurence, or moderate impact with "always" occurence. Feels very powerful, maybe even OP, but not like an exploit.
3/5 moderate impact, conditional occurence. Might be right choice in certain builds but not for full-party use (unless weird party).
2/5. Moderate impact with very infrequent occurence, or slight impact that's always on. Meh.
1/5. Roughly equivalent to nothing at all.
0/5. Stop hitting yourself.

FOLK
Stats: 2/5. Both okay stats but not a +3/-1.
Racial: 1/5. If offense, you'll be dead after 5 seconds. If defense, you won't care. In pactice bonus only applies to Clear Out.

AUMAUA
Stats: 2/5.
Subracial (Coastal): 2/5. Status defense isn't bad, even if it only comes up infrequently.
Subracial (Island): 3/5. Allowing all three damage types on weapon sets can actually allow a crafty player to consistently do more melee damage while still using Accurate weapon types. So think of this one as "+5 accuracy with Fast melee weapons" and you're pretty close. Lots of micromanagement though, and incompatible with Weapon Focus Noble.

DWARF
Stats: 3/5. Good for "rock" healer-tanks like Fighter and Chanter.
Subracial (Mountain): 2/5.
Subracial (Boreal): 2/5. Can be situationally good for Fighters but never for Chanters.

ELF
Stats: 1/5. Dex is rather meh, although Per is good.
Subracial (Wood): 4/5. Bonus to ranged accuracy?! Gimme gimme gimme.
Subracial (Pale): 2/5.

ORLAN
Stats: 3/5. Not a 4, because Might is important to passive healing and Per/Res is targeting passive healers for the most part. +3 Deflect is good but not great.
Subracial (hearth): 2/5. Why go for DPS if you're tank? Answer: statuses. But in PotD you won't have many hits to convert (doesn't effect grazes).
Subracial (Wild): 1/5. After you get Confused or Charmed or Dominated you get extra defenses so party members cannot status you back. Good vs Blind and fear though.

GODLIKE
Stats: 2/5. +Int is very important, but +1 is still weak.
Racial (no hats): 0/5. But odd drawback is a harbinger of OP to come.
Subracial (death): 2/5. Culling Strike.
Subracial (fire): 3/5. This one does something you want - when near death, you're harder to kill. A standard fire godlike tank is better in tough, short battles than an orlan tank because +4 DR can be huge, but the orlanorlanis better in very long battles of attrition where max Health is more of a factor than max Endurance, and getting the godlike below 50% is difficult.
Subracial (moon): 5/5. Take the level 1 priest spell, put it on an instant-speed cast contingency, and do it 3 times, and you have a Moon Godlike. So if you want 3 additional level 1 Priest spells per encounter, then go moonie. A squad of moons is even harder to kill, so multiples per party are good. Stupid OP on pretty much everything that isn't a Fighter (in which case you get healing overkill).
Subracial (nature): 2/5. It's like the Folk racial (+ damage, +speed, vs +damage +accuracy), but without the 5 second delay! Still meh. Built for DPSers but if you get a glasser to below 50% they're likely dead soon anyway.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 3, 2015, 1:33:03 AM
Wild orlans are for tanking. +3 deflection and the bonus defenses on will saves.

You underated elves. +1 dex is great for faster action times. DPS builds usually max Might, Dex and Int. Also the wood elves accuracy bonuses against ranged enemies also applies to spells.Oh right wait, you gave wood elves 4/5.

Accuracy = DPS in PoE, and you need to beat the opponents deflection roll to land hits (applies to spells as well).

Currently I made my casters as Boreal Dwarves for the might bonus and they get some extra accuracy against a couple of mobs, but wood elves are also good for casters or ranged attacks.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 3, 2015, 1:35:01 AM
To summarize, I think the two most OP subraces are Moon Godlike and Wood Elf (distant second). Hearth Orlan and Fire Godlike are in a very close fight for an even more distant third place, which applies exclusively to the Fighter class. Island Aumaua is fifth, applying exclusively to the Rogue class, and even that's kind of a joke option.

A good party is probably 3 or 4 moonies, 1 or 2 woods, and either 1 orlan or 1 fire.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 3, 2015, 1:43:08 AM
My deflection tanks ...

I wonder if I can get 130.

- PoE TOS.
LOL at the infinite stat stacking bug ...

Patch should be released tomorrow to fix it and loads of other stuff. It seems cool to have that much int, but it isnt. Priest casts one interdiction, and the entire map is agroed.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 3, 2015, 2:44:31 AM
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
Just did Sanitarium, some hard decisions were made. Really liked that part and the way some moral questions were presented.

The game is just getting better and better as the plot advances.

This. Sanatorium was a sensation. I lost faith that games can give me this feeling in 2015. But this game can.
I must say: "Brave Derrin" was one of the most intense things i ever encountered in a game. To be honest: i was nearly crying. Don't want to spoil things, but this was just an intense experience i never expected of a game in 2015. This game is epic. Even if some bugs occured that i don't like. Did you guys manage to do raedrics hold without any loading and saving crashes?

Had no issue with the Hold. Went through the sewers, got the key from the NPC, found a hidden door that leads to queens room and destroyed the king and his guards. Not one crash or bug encountered there.

For me the game so far has been bug free, only problem I had was with Sanitarium getting bugged if your speak with the guy who did all the experiments, before speaking with Hallmaster.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Now I think about it, should just be Moons and Woods. Orlan unfortunately get edged out by the OP Moons. There isn't a powerful race option for melee DPS, unfortunately.

Moon Godlike specifics:
The amount of healing from Silver Tide is 7+3/level Endurance. This triggers 3 times, at 25%, 50% and 75% max Endurance. The amount of healing is modified by Might just like all healing in the game, and the AoE by Intelligence.

This is a huge amount of max Endurance. The base Endurance for a level 12 Fighter is 210. Silver Tide represents a total base of 129 healing. That's roughly equivalent to +20 Con, modified by Might (so with 18 Might it feels like +25 Con, with 3 Might it feels like +16).

However, note that healing can be lost on the first 25% trigger. So if you build a Fighter with 18 Might and 3 Con, at level 1 Silver Tide will heal for 12.4 Endurance, but the character's max Endurance would be 44, so at 33 health you'd waste 1.4 points of healing (and likely one Constant Recovery trigger). Keep this is mind while building your Moons, giving them enough Constitution to get full value out of their automatic heals.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 4, 2015, 1:12:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info