Pillars of Eternity (PoE)

PotD first playthrough for me. Numerous rerolls. Min/max like crazy and early-ish battles still very close affairs with multiple party members KOd, but full party deaths are normally formation errors. Truly sad how bad "x per rest" casting is; consider those abilities all but unusable in PotD.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 31, 2015, 5:56:00 AM
But Eder is totally worth it in terms of joy ;) The conversations with Aloth are just brillant xD

He is like Andy in Weeds. And that's something good
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Mar 31, 2015, 7:11:54 AM
Yeah, I'm liking Edar the most of of the NPCs I encountered so far. He is so chilled and relaxed, a bit of a cynic. Still waiting to pick up Mother, a cypher designed by Chris Avallone.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 31, 2015, 9:40:41 AM
Seriously -5 likes for that poor michelle picture WTH????
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Lions. ARE. FUCKING. HARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMDcK1nIw8

Path of the Damned is brutalcore.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Mar 31, 2015, 8:41:49 PM
Brutalcore truth.

The hardest part of PotD is the insane enemy defenses (Deflection, etc). Especially from a spellcaster perspective. One of my first rolls I made Wizard and tried glassing the very first encounter in the game. On paper the damage was nuts. Both spells missed, dealing zero damage. To either of them.

Anyone have any luck with per-rests in PotD? I've written 'em off as worthless but idk about ultralate game.

I got to level 3 on my mercs (lvl4 self) with my current troop in PotD but now I realize I misallocated a talent due to bad wiki info (why archer rogue when you can pike rogue, and still use Reckless, which btw is melee only?) and I'll have to reroll. ;_;
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 1, 2015, 1:41:27 AM
You're friend didn't come up with that, its on the forums already.

The other cheese is a gun aura chanter and 4 gunners behind the munchkin tanks (gun aura reduces reload speed for guns by 50%, and the gunner feat reduces them by 20% more). One of the priest subclasses gets +10 accuracy with arquebusses to go along with it along with +5 accuracy party buff per encounter, ciphers fill up all their focus with a single shot from an arquebus, and then add in a ranged focused rogue or a paladin with the offensive zealous aura (+6 accuracy and +5% crit) and you just mow everything down. Oh and all wood elves for another +5 accuracy when 4m or more away from the enemies.

Chanters need nerfing. Oh and some people are using a gun specced wizard too to add miasma and the level 3 equivilent (miasma is -10 perception and resolve, and the level 3 spell is -10 deflection and -5 damage reduction). Just tears away all the Potd deflection.

Basically stack accuracy and gun reload reduction to the max and path of the damned's deflection bonuses on mobs is nullified.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 1, 2015, 2:40:29 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Anyone have any luck with per-rests in PotD? I've written 'em off as worthless but idk about ultralate game.
;

Oh no they are good. At level 9, level 1 spells become per encounter. At level 11 level 2 spells become per encounter (applies to wizards priests and druids).

Chill Fog and Slicken level 1 wizard spells OP.
Miasma and Blind fog level 2 wizard spells OP.
Bless and celestial armour level 1 priest spells always useful.
AoE knock prone level 2 priest spell OP (Greater command from DnD).

Priests also get per encounter holy radiance and interdiction buff / CC, and a wide selection of +10 accuracy to two weapons (I picked Wael for quarterstaffs and rods, don't be dumb like me and pick the one that gives +10 to arquebus instead).

Level 9 wizard most OP caster in the game ... Wait no, second most OP to a level 11 wizard. Its just getting up to those levels that's a chore, trying to conserve as many spells as you can.

Another thing is when you get into a really difficult fight, a Cipher can cast a few spells only per encounter before needing to recharge their focus. A wizard / priest / druid can unload their full spellbooks.

Most important thing for Potd though ... Double munchkin tanks (wild orlans). As you can see in the videos once those go down the rest of the party gets torn to shreds in seconds.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 1, 2015, 2:34:48 AM
I really don't understand people who play games like this by constantly checking on forums which build and combination is game breaking and then immediately going with that, and on top of that complaining how certain combinations break the game. Heck, on official forums you have people complaining the game is easy when you use certain exploits.

It's a roleplaying game, play it the way you want, without following others, you are not competing with anyone, it's a single player game. Then it won't be game breaking and you will actually have a challenge to surmount.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I just happen to be reading the forums. And people be posting their builds.

But seriously, that's why I cant ever use the NPCs until its possible to mod everything about them, because they suck compared to self made characters.

I was reload spreeing for days testing out loads of ideas and seeing what I liked. I thought chanters sucked when I tried one so I excluded it from the final party I settled on. Then I find out about their one frigging gun boosting aura that's become the most OP thing in the game.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 1, 2015, 4:39:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info