Pillars of Eternity (PoE)

Just did Sanitarium, some hard decisions were made. Really liked that part and the way some moral questions were presented.

The game is just getting better and better as the plot advances.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Im just totally lost in defiance bay, looking for all the quests and stuff that I can find. Its most definitely just like BG1 :D
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Pretty robes to go with my pretty hat:

BUT WHY CANT I ENCHANT MY HAT?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Wow, it looks like I was the first person so far to find that robe:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74501-the-pretty-robe-i-found-for-my-pretty-hat/

But now you know my alt-alias, oh noes!!!

This robe must be forever kept a secret to turn the whole player base into murderous villains in order to try and find it :D

It might even be a totally random drop, but I had to murder a backer NPC to get mine.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 1, 2015, 4:06:32 PM
I find pleasure in different aspects of this game, but I'm glad it's making you that happy:)

Anyways, Heritage Hill...such a lovely "The Road" like scene, with people being locked and used as feeding stock for undead, one by one...I recommend playing in this area with the headphones, the audio effects are great.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
guys.. get a room.

Spoiler
seriously though it sounds great
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I'm glad to hear wizards eventually make it.

The "party of chanters" idea is a strategy I call "Chanter stall." The idea is to go full defense and then summon an army to win the fight for you. The summon invocations are silly strong (even at level 1), so multiple summons can easily win fights otherwise unwinnable. It also lets you basically go 4x or 5x tank, which greatly reduces positioning difficulties.

It's a lot like turtle Terran into Battlecruisers in Starcraft, or dropping Ysera in Hearthstone. "The Deck" of Pillar parties, if you will. Broken? Not sure. But a very different playstyle.

The mistake would be going 6 chanters. 2-4 is the right number; at a minimum, a Fighter and a Shieldbearer Paladin deserve inclusion for their party-wide Deflection buffs. Chanters heal themselves fine, but a statuser (Eyestrike, Arcane Assault) should be strongly considered for some targeted stall via Accuracy penalties.

My party (I mentioned I was rerolling) was basically this, but with two Rogues as statusers and DPS. Truth is that the level 1 phantom summon is a much better Sneak Attacker than my Rogues were, so they felt like bad Ciphers using single-target Eyestrike.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 1, 2015, 7:24:25 PM
Well .. all that matters is I beat the battle eventually right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZiMCqoeRJA

Most brutalcore instant killing whole party forcefully penetrated in every orifice .. I ... Just ... Wow ... HOW ... OMG ... I won? Eventually. Somehow.

- PoE TOS.
Totally changed my mind on casters.

But some of those spells are complete noob traps. As in, if spell is both offensive oriented and has no duration, it is immediately shit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Well, without priest buffs I dunno how I'd have completed the above encounter.

Check out this awesome use of the Priests warding seals (I.E. Glyph of Warding from DnD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGnDHzNnI3I

Then at the next level of priest spells you also get fire ones (I.E. Symbol of Fire).

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info