Pillars of Eternity (PoE)

Before posting on official forums for Pillars I'd like to bounce this off bhavv and co.:

Suggested balance changes:
1. Intelligence to +3% AoE, +3% duration. Simultaneously, all base AoE and duration increased by at least 10% but no more than 20%. The difference Intelligence makes is currently too dramatic; regardless of tank or ranged I find myself maxing this on every character without exception.
2. Might loses +3% healing. Constitution gains +3% healing received. and +3 Concentration. With the way DR works, Might is already strong enough. Con is currently the weakest stat and could use a slight buff.
3. Resolve loses its Deflection. and Concentration bonuses but gains +1 Accuracy instead. PotD in general differs from a problem where excessive tankiness is required because you cannot build a party which reliably hits enemies; instead, you make one which tanks and atyritions enemies out. Giving easier access to Accuracy while also less access to Deflection would bring more balance to party compositions.
4. Moon Godlike Silver Tide from 7+3/level healing, to 6+2/level healing. A much-deserved nerf for the most OP subrace. Perhaps not enough nerf, but nerfing it into the ground isn't desireable either.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 4, 2015, 3:20:37 PM
Suggest what you like, Im not too bothered about all the nitty gritty.

Moon godlikes are actually a bad pick for tanks though because when correctly built, a tank should rarely lose much HP. Orlans are much better for not taking damage in the first place.

I need a spoiler though, does anyone know where I can find a fine rod? Not a wand or sceptre, a rod. I still havnt found one within the first two acts.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 4, 2015, 6:29:37 PM
+3 deflection is not much better. It is slightly better, as in half a Talent, tops.

Moon tanks can skip Rapid Recovery no problem. I even agree with your core premise that preventing x Endurance loss is better than healing for x, but when it is x vs 3x it is not as simple a choice.

+2 Per +1 Res is better than +3 Con. Not better than a virtual +16 Con.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 4, 2015, 7:47:58 PM
No. Maxing out your deflection is the key to not taking any hits. +3 is a lot for tanking.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
My dorfs are stylish!

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
No. Maxing out your deflection is the key to not taking any hits. +3 is a lot for tanking.
Obviously we disagree. I hope yours is an informed one.
But I still have the most stylish dorfs.

- PoE TOS.
haven't played it yet. will it have a similar class system to Neverwinter series? the spells remind me all too much of the old Neverwinter Nights, and I was thinking of redoing my old Red Dragon Disciple build.

I have played BG2 a long while ago though, but I can't remember how the class system for it went.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
cLASS WISE ITS NOT A dNd GAME. jUST ENGINE WISE ITS A bg CLONE.

Opposite caps, cant be asked retyoing.

- PoE TOS.
IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAH!

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info