Pillars of Eternity (PoE)

The posh dorfs decided that their retinue should also be dressed in pink:

Those deadly pink armours of pinkiness +10.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
cool game, I really missed playing a real rpg with tank and all.

I prefer BG and BG2 universe and the lack of romance is little sad . Also I really miss the new divinity spell system in those games now .

By the way in the catacomb or in the cemetery of the big city (can t remember) there is a Chris W. quote on a tomb. Is that OUR Chris Wilson?

Forum pvp
i really love this the whole atmosphere is miles ahead compared to divinity and that game nis kickass aswell replacing video cutscenes with text and decisions is really awesomen

whats the estimated playtime 200h ?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Just bumping this a bit, nearing the end of act 3. What an amazing game! Simply brilliant game in age where games like this are scarce to say at least.

And the Grieving Mother companion is truly something...special.

Do yourself a favor and play through this game.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Just bumping this a bit, nearing the end of act 3. What an amazing game! Simply brilliant game in age where games like this are scarce to say at least.

And the Grieving Mother companion is truly something...special.

Do yourself a favor and play through this game.

It's definetely on my list, I just have to catch up to it ( playing DS2 and Nevergrind right now, and coming back for PoE 2.0)...

Bump and a reminder to myself ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Are you playing Scholar? From the vids I saw it looks like shit to me, just more random mobs scattered all over the game and 60fps for 20 bucks. It should have been a patch. I'd rather go back and play regular DS2.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 17, 2015, 2:15:39 PM
I've been avoiding too much discussion of the story, but I have one thing that is puzzling me, so hoping someone might help me figure it out.

This will contain spoilers for the story.

Spoiler
So once you get to Act 3 and the part in the Elm tree where you are tasked to ask divine favors, when doing the quest for the God of Hunt (Galathawan something), if you have Durance in your party, you learn that goddess Magran plotted with Woedica to kill the Eothas and that Magran killed all the apostates that were involved in using the Godhammer, expect Durance. But Magran then says, and I'm paraphrasing: "Woedica and Thaos take to the Olden ways. They hate the change. But the people have changed, and why wouldn't they, when they saw even Gods can be killed. So they took to the animancy...".

So that part gets me. Why plot to kill Eothas when that would only lead to change in human society and beliefs, when you hate the changed and want the old order of things to exist? Or was the plot to have the people start using animancy, so Thaos and Woedica could collect all the souls?

Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 19, 2015, 3:57:23 PM
It's shame this thread is getting so little attention.

Just downed the Sky Dragon with my default lvl 10 party. What a fight, took a lot of careful positioning, potions, switching out of my crushing gear, and basically every spell/item/summoning I had at disposal to take him out. Durance held the whole party from falling apart.

I'm already planning on getting BG1 and BG2 from GoG and replaying them after I finish PoE. And soon I'll be getting my Guide and Lore books, so will probably reroll a premade group.

But first, need to finish this one before 19th May when Witcher 3 hits. I think I'm almost done.

I've been seeing a lot of negative stuff about Pillars recently, but I just don't see it. FIghts are pretty much the same as in BG2, if not better, due to all the melee fighters having active skills, story is good, writing is good, art is good...it's an awesome game. Cyphers are such a cool class, with an amazing array of spells.

Can't wait for the exp, the only complaint I can give is that there is not enough NPCs and that their quests are a bit lacking, expect the Grieving mothers, Eders and Durances'.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 25, 2015, 1:00:16 PM
Im sure pillars is good but its a shame disgruntled poe players feel the need to tell us over n over how great it is. If its so fun the heck you keep coming back here for?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Because this is off topic section, having no direct relation to Path of Exile, and is meant for all kind of discussion?

It could be any other forum, but currently I'm hanging only on this one.

But as I see my posts lately are irritating kind folks who see no issues whatsoever with Path of exile and consider any critic as blasphemy, I'll leave you with this gem from Eder and bid you farewell.

You win, sir. You won't see me posting on these forums anymore.

To any self respecting PC gamer, I recommend giving Pillars I try. It's a game that deserves attention and rewards your time with it immensely.
Last edited by Odoakar on Apr 25, 2015, 5:14:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info