new trailer for Lost Ark, this seems amazing. WTF!?

Guys, guys, i will explain the logic behind the comment that he quoted and why i found his message (which quoted me) irrelevant.

I said that IF Lost Arc has similar grind to that of GW2
Spoiler
(which comes from NCsoft, which is a KOREAN company, which makes the korean grind argument about another game being on a "whole other level" irrelevant;since they are both korean companies using "korean grind in them")
i will have no problem with it. Also, GW 2 isnt that much of anti-grind, trust me. As far as levels/experience are concerned, yes it is in a better place than other mmos (and that is because questing is mostly fun, which help take the grinding part away,kinda).

But, it still has a lot of grinding in it, it is a huge world after all. Be it items, crafting materials, exploration, map completition, etc... Personally, i am happy with the amount of grinding that particularly has, and i will be happy if its the same with the LA.

Hope i made myself clear-er this time.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Mar 3, 2015, 6:59:05 PM
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:

Guys, guys, i will explain the logic behind the comment that he quoted and why i found his message (which quoted me) irrelevant.

I said that IF Lost Arc has similar grind to that of GW2
Spoiler
(which comes from NCsoft, which is a KOREAN company, which makes the korean grind argument about another game being on a "whole other level" irrelevant;since they are both korean companies using "korean grind in them")
i will have no problem with it. Also, GW 2 isnt that much of anti-grind, trust me. As far as levels/experience are concerned, yes it is in a better place than other mmos (and that is because questing is mostly fun, which help take the grinding part away,kinda).

But, it still has a lot of grinding in it, it is a huge world after all. Be it items, crafting materials, exploration, map completition, etc... Personally, i am happy with the amount of grinding that particularly has, and i will be happy if its the same with the LA.

Hope i made myself clear-er this time.

You did, I see what you're trying to say but let me make it more clear myself.

The Guild Wars 2 ideology was far different from a regular MMO in that they wanted to cater to a very casual crowd and remove item barriers / grinding barriers, and they did. There technically is no item progression at max level as Ascended items are entirely optional and your "end-game" is what you make of it.

The leveling process in Guild Wars 2 is one of the easiest and most fast of all MMOs, it is the exact ANTI of what a regular Korean grinder is. If you've ever played something like Lineage, Lineage 2, or Ragnarok or whatever you'd know what a grinder was and just how painful it can be. Also, Guild Wars 2 is made entirely by ArenaNet and NCSoft is only the publisher.

That said, we'll never know what Lost Ark is like until we get to see players playing it, or we play it ourselves. :)
Last edited by VolyninV on Mar 3, 2015, 7:10:16 PM
"

You did, I see what you're trying to say but let me make it more clear myself.

The Guild Wars 2 ideology was far different from a regular MMO in that they wanted to cater to a very casual crowd and remove item barriers / grinding barriers, and they did. There technically is no item progression at max level as Ascended items are entirely optional and your "end-game" is what you make of it.

Every item is optional in every game. Also, there are legendary items which go beyond ascended. And if u want to know what a legendary item requires, you can google it. It is HEAVY grind. I agree that their ideology was different and that is what i liked about the game. But the grind is there if you want to go past the casual experience.

"

The leveling process in Guild Wars 2 is one of the easiest and most fast of all MMOs, it is the exact ANTI of what a regular Korean grinder is. If you've ever played something like Lineage, Lineage 2, or Ragnarok or whatever you'd know what a grinder was and just how painful it can be. Also, Guild Wars 2 is made entirely by ArenaNet and NCSoft is only the publisher.

Arenanet is owned by NCsoft in its entirety, so its basically the same company. Lineage1/2 and these kind of games belong to the past. It was their (poor) way of adding lenght to the game. Things are changing, people dont have much time/are fed up for/with these kind of games. I doubt they would want to go backwards and not forward with their game (LA).

But as you said, only time will tell. As i said, if its a heavy grinder with p2w privileges, or if its even p2play i wont even bother. Which is a sad thing, i liked the stuff they mentioned in the trailer. Goodnight guys, its late here.
Can someone please make a top down boat game already. I get reminded of this every time I see the trailers for this game.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Yeah. Something like Age of Wind.
Seeing something like Merchants and Marauders turned into a video game would be fun!
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
Russell wrote:
Can someone please make a top down boat game already. I get reminded of this every time I see the trailers for this game.

not boats but top down racing carnage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSAiG8wLWRQ

http://www.deathskidmarks.com/
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Well like Sid Meier's Pirates but with no age system. Fantasy setting would also be good. I get sick of just chainshot, roundshot and mortars in boat games. Would love to go round boarding elves with some Ork boy or something.

Warhammer fantasy boat game please.

yous in da biggests of tru'bles
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Well like Sid Meier's Pirates but with no age system. Fantasy setting would also be good. I get sick of just chainshot, roundshot and mortars in boat games. Would love to go round boarding elves with some Ork boy or something.

Too late, the next Warhammer game is an early access MOBA, top kek
"
"
Russell wrote:

Too late, the next Warhammer game is an early access MOBA, top kek

*sobs*

Ah well apparently there is a Warhammer total war game coming.

Oops iv gone way off topic. Keep talking about Lost Ark!
y im slept?
"
Xavderion wrote:
I'll just quote myself from one of the last threads...

While it looks great, here are the downsides:

1. Western release will take at least 2 years, probably more.
2. It will be very MMOish (some people already complain PoE is too much MMO lol, this will be way worse)
3. It will be pay2win, I guarantee it.
4. It will be grindy as fuck, imagine PoE but ten times worse.
5. You now realize point 4 makes point 3 even worse.
6. Customization/variety will probably be on D3 level aka bland as fuck.
7. The only longevity will come from grinding your brains out to get higher numbers.

Overall I'm literally not hyped. Koreans can into bombastic looking actiony gameplay, but everything else is kinda shit.

To be honest, while korean games are very grindy for the most part to reach the top, I have actually had more luck in those (I am looking at you Vindictus) that I wonder if PoE is putting them to shame in the RNG department. Not sure about the rest, but Vindictus is becoming more casual, especially when season 3 comes out in the US around the summer, seal shop will be updated, so level 70/80 gears will be really EASY to obtain. To some extent, you might even save up some seals for the upcoming level 90 gear mats (since they will be inside these gold/silver boxes)

If there is one game I played more than PoE, it is Vindictus. I think I played even more than any other games I played in my lifetime. Probably around 4-5k hours.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 4, 2015, 3:16:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info