new trailer for Lost Ark, this seems amazing. WTF!?

"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
I can see a definete dark souls influence which is a good thing but it's still a hack n' slash, meaning it's basically 5+ years dated in most aspects by default. I mean seriously, for 2015 you consider this game to have inredible graphics/aesthetics when they are coming out games in the near future that will look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXvl7-XlaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLzhMUxU5Y

BTW kingdom come is developed by an indie Czech company completely underfunded, and is supposed to be a completely realistic(no magic/dragons etc.) actiony RPG. But look at the damn graphics.

I see no DS influence whatsoever in lost ark. On the contrary, its mmo-ish arpg-ish mostly, which is far different than what DS is.
I dont care THAT much for graphics as long as they dont make my eyes hurt. Lost ark from what i see has great graphics.
The witcher (which u posted) is a great game series and not only cause of graphics, although TW3 will have great graphics its not what lured me into the series.

I dont have much to say about kingdom come (reminds me of skyrim), seems it will be cool for the people who like these kind of games. Personally i like some kind of magic into my games, or at least something that differentiate them from normal life. I think it will be something like mount and blade with better graphics? Is it from the same company?

Edit: graphics didnt make me lose my mind. Not that great IMO, Have seen better.

Sure Lost Ark is MMOish, but several bosses reminded me of enemies in DS, plus the manual roll/dodge. Anyway sure the Witcher is much more than graphics, i was just commenting on visuals here. About Kingdome Come, no it's not the same developers with Mount n Blade. This was a Turkish game i beleive. However about the graphics, no i bet you 've never seen better on an open world RPG. The graphics have caught the attention and praise of the developers of star citizen, which is like the ultimate praise you can get. Sure, the character models need work, but the enviroment is rediculous. This is still alpha, not the finished build, and it's live gameplay, not directed trailer etc. and it does suffer from Youtube compression. Watch a live gameplay video of The Witcher 3(there 3 overall) to see the difference, which was considered to be THE state of art in open world RPGs. Remember we are not talking about art direction here. Just the technical aspect of graphics.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Mar 5, 2015, 11:39:43 AM
"
Poutsos wrote:

Sure Lost Ark is MMOish, but several bosses reminded me of enemies in DS, plus the manual roll/dodge. Anyway sure the Witcher is much more than graphics, i was just commenting on visuals here. About Kingdome Come, no it's not the same developers with Mount n Blade. This was a Turkish game i beleive. However about the graphics, no i bet you 've never seen better on an open world RPG. The graphics have caught the attention and praise of the developers of star citizen, which is like the ultimate praise you can get. Sure, the character models need work, but the enviroment is rediculous. This is still alpha, not the finished build, and it's live gameplay, not directed trailer etc. and it does suffer from Youtube compression. Watch a live gameplay video of The Witcher 3(there 3 overall) to see the difference, which was considered to be THE state of art in open world RPGs. Remember we are not talking about art direction here. Just the technical aspect of graphics.

I havent seen better graphics in an open world game since the last one i played is skyrim which is quite old, but the vanishing of ethan carter had similiar/better environment graphics. Maybe they used the same technique? Well, maybe u are right, maybe it does suffer from degradation because of youtube etc. Either way, i dont care that much about graphics. The order has great graphics, is it much of a game? No, it sucks. Im not saying that this game will suck or not, it just not for me. No matter how pleasing to the eye it is, i wont bother with it the same as i didnt bother with moun and blade.
Time will tell, hope they will release it and everything works out for them.

Spoiler
Mέχρι τότε ας αρκεστούμε με αυτή τη μαλακία που παιζουμε μπας και βάλουν μυαλό αυτοί που το φτιάξανε και το διορθώσουν.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Mar 5, 2015, 12:03:02 PM
Εγω σταματησα να ελπιζω απο περισυ, γιαυτο και εχω να παιξω PoE κανα 6μηνο :P
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
Εγω σταματησα να ελπιζω απο περισυ, γιαυτο και εχω να παιξω PoE κανα 6μηνο :P

^ ^
Πιο πολυ ωρα ξοδεύω στο οφ τοπικ, παρά στο ίδιο το παιχνιδι.

Αντε να δούμε αν θα νιώσουν στο καινούριο patch γιατί αλλιώς πάει για uninstall το παιχνίδι.
Ασχολείσαι με καποιο game της προκοπής που έχεις να προτίνεις? Τα dark souls τα αγάπησα αλλά φτάνει. Τα λιωσα. Κάτι παρόμοιο ή εξίσου καλό που να έπεσε στην προσοχή σου?
Μπα, εχω παιξει διαφορα, αλλα μονο το DS μαρεσε απο αυτα που επαιξα τον τελευταιο χρονο. Τωρα κανω νηστεια απο games μεχρι να βγει το Wticher 3 :D
Watched the video, seems like a better D3, but not a better PoE, hell, dont think its even a PoE.
Wonder if people get what I mean.
Might be worth trying one day if its not too grindy, but really dont think its a substitute for PoE.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Mar 5, 2015, 10:19:38 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
Watched the video, seems like a better D3, but not a better PoE, hell, dont think its even a PoE.
Might be worth trying one day if its not too grindy, but really dont think its a substitute for PoE.

i think i get what you mean. Personaly i dont think its that similar to d3/poe besides the fact its top down view.
Maybe it will turn out to be its own game and not a substitute for either games you mentioned.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:

i think i get what you mean. Personaly i dont think its that similar to d3/poe besides the fact its top down view.
Maybe it will turn out to be its own game and not a substitute for either games you mentioned.

Well, I think its more like what D3 devs WISH they could do, an MMO with top down view (noticed the skills timers, mining etc). The rest for D3, just meant the good visual cinematics and cinematic boss fights (that one reminded me a bit of dark souls too)
Well, they already had the wow models, so why not.
Oblivious
First off:
They already said it would be a worldwide release (same day).
Build diversity WILL be more linear than PoE, surely... but atleast it features 18 classes!?
The world is alot bigger... and therefor (according to smilegate) the grinding ain't locked to one place.

What really seems to be the most important to me, is the fact i don't know the payment-model.
I for one, do not hope it'll turn into a P2W slaughter fest..

If they manage to create build diversty through items, i wouldn't mind :-) even D3 has quite alot of "potential" builds.. but the downside is the linear items supporting a very limited amount of builds.. i mean.. everyone using 1 build/set that works..

The first i did in D3-RoS: created a Double frost hydra build.. which later got even better :-) i couldn't compete with the top builds, but i managed to hold my own even on the highest diff. T6 speed runs and such.. went smooth.

All im saying is.. I wish for the items to support great build choices.. especially when there's 18 classes.. lots of potential there for replayability.

That's just my opinion though!

#fingers crossed.

"
First off:
They already said it would be a worldwide release (same day).
Build diversity WILL be more linear than PoE, surely... but atleast it features 18 classes!?
The world is alot bigger... and therefor (according to smilegate) the grinding ain't locked to one place.

What really seems to be the most important to me, is the fact i don't know the payment-model.
I for one, do not hope it'll turn into a P2W slaughter fest..

If they manage to create build diversty through items, i wouldn't mind :-) even D3 has quite alot of "potential" builds.. but the downside is the linear items supporting a very limited amount of builds.. i mean.. everyone using 1 build/set that works..

The first i did in D3-RoS: created a Double frost hydra build.. which later got even better :-) i couldn't compete with the top builds, but i managed to hold my own even on the highest diff. T6 speed runs and such.. went smooth.

All im saying is.. I wish for the items to support great build choices.. especially when there's 18 classes.. lots of potential there for replayability.

That's just my opinion though!

#fingers crossed.

Good necro my friend. But the worldwide release is great news.
As long as its not p2w, im sold.
I dont mind the grind of an mmo as long as its not linear, repetitive and/or boring.
For instance, i play GW2 and although its an mmo and has grind it has so many dungeons, such a huge variety for endgame that i have no problem to grind for items/materials. I almost do not realize it since its pure fun with guildmates/friends.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info