new trailer for Lost Ark, this seems amazing. WTF!?

After seeing the first trailer didnt reveal much about gameplay smilegate released a mroe detailed one.
It seems this game is going to rock our world.
Im very excited/hyped! Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8
"
After playing Lineage, Vindictus, TERA and Dark Boobs Online, I am *so* over those aesthetics.

Yeah, it still looks incredible, but there are too many crucial things that this trailer does not seem to reveal.

The three big ones for me are:

Pricing model
Class/skill/item balance
Grind intensity

I cannot but be skeptical over these three, given the game's current target market.

Hmmm agreed.

Personally, i hope pricing model will be similar to that of guild wars 2, where you buy the game and are done with paying for it (im fine if they are selling micros that are not breaking the game). If it's a subscription type, there is no way im gonna waste my time/money with it.

Balance is important ofc, but hey, i am played PoE and enjoyed it for the most part so they have to release a REALLY unbalanced PoS for me to dislike.

For grind intensity i will use the same logic as in my above comment.

I dont have any real experience with mmos, really. The only one i bothered playing more than a few hours is Guild Wars 2 (which i bought for 10 bucks for me and my GF). That particular one doesnt have boring fetch quests nor grind ones (go there and slay that particular type of monsters until you die of boredom).

If Lost Ark is in the same way i will gladly spend hours playing it since i really enjoy GW2.

I get that it may not please everyone aesthetically (anime style), but its from a korean studio so i get it. Personally, i like anime styled games as long as they aren't a sex-fest like dark boobs online (which i haven't played but looked up for the sake of the conversation).
Trying to sell your game should be more than simply show more skin.

Well, time will tell.
Last edited by S3ph1r0th on Mar 3, 2015, 7:52:43 AM
"
After playing Lineage, Vindictus, TERA and Dark Boobs Online, I am *so* over those aesthetics.

Yeah, it still looks incredible, but there are too many crucial things that this trailer does not seem to reveal.

The three big ones for me are:

Pricing model
Class/skill/item balance
Grind intensity

I cannot but be skeptical over these three, given the game's current target market.

Something else turns me off from this game greatly, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I agree with the 3 you listed, especially grind intensity as I imagine it will be through the roof considering the market, and the way the combat is displayed (what with wiping through 100s of mobs).

Now Ultima Online, that's an isometric MMO I got on board with.
20 minutes long trailer, god damn.

But I'm with Charan on this one, I fear that all this epic artstyle and general graphic will come at great price of p2w, because someone has to expect big revenue for this scale of investment.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I'll just quote myself from one of the last threads...

While it looks great, here are the downsides:

1. Western release will take at least 2 years, probably more.
2. It will be very MMOish (some people already complain PoE is too much MMO lol, this will be way worse)
3. It will be pay2win, I guarantee it.
4. It will be grindy as fuck, imagine PoE but ten times worse.
5. You now realize point 4 makes point 3 even worse.
6. Customization/variety will probably be on D3 level aka bland as fuck.
7. The only longevity will come from grinding your brains out to get higher numbers.

Overall I'm literally not hyped. Koreans can into bombastic looking actiony gameplay, but everything else is kinda shit.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

Pricing model
Class/skill/item balance
Grind intensity

Grind intensity will probably be through the roof. Also, EXP MTXs.
I need more purple titles

Spoiler
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
If it comes any close to pay2win im out.

As grinding is concerned...C'mon guys, we play PoE for crying out loud.

Well it is an mmo, not an action rpg so the grind might be a bit higher.
As i said before, if it is similar to gw2 i 'll have no problem with it. As long as quests differ from go there, kill 20 monsters, come back, give me the items etc...

I have to say: i like the RPG elements it showed in the trailer (if you watched the trailers, the part they explain about astrology, archaeology etc).

Time will tell. On the other hand NCsoft said they will release their lineage eternity (which seemed really similar to this one) for europe/us the same time they release it for korea/china.

Btw, i dont think it will take 2 years before we see this game for eu/us since the company behind it (smilegate) had great success with their first game (crossfire, they made billions out of it) so im pretty sure they have more than enough money to release both versions simultaneously.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
If it comes any close to pay2win im out.

As grinding is concerned...C'mon guys, we play PoE for crying out loud.

Well it is an mmo, not an action rpg so the grind might be a bit higher.
As i said before, if it is similar to gw2 i 'll have no problem with it. As long as quests differ from go there, kill 20 monsters, come back, give me the items etc...

I have to say: i like the RPG elements it showed in the trailer (if you watched the trailers, the part they explain about astrology, archaeology etc).

Time will tell. On the other hand NCsoft said they will release their lineage eternity (which seemed really similar to this one) for europe/us the same time they release it for korea/china.

Btw, i dont think it will take 2 years before we see this game for eu/us since the company behind it (smilegate) had great success with their first game (crossfire, they made billions out of it) so im pretty sure they have more than enough money to release both versions simultaneously.

You have no idea what a grind is if you're comparing PoE to the style of grinding these MMOs are known for, boy are you in for a rude awakening.

"
S3ph1r0th wrote:

GW 2 = guild wars 2 = mmo = grinding shiet (which i play).

Go to bed little nightmare

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info