Since Dsync is a dev choice and not a bug...Isnt there a way to warn us or let us know somehow?

Isnt there a way to let us know when we are about to get d/resync? When we lag in other games we know it because we can see our ping, we can take measure to avoid it or survive it. In poe it's completely random and there's nothing you can do but get a good luck roll.

I know it's here to stay, it's a feature because the devs dont want a "cheating game", but isnt there a way that the server could clue us as to where we (are) with the sync? I mean if he knows he is not in sync with us and has to resync us, can't he tell us something?

After all those years, is there nothing GGG have learned to make the game playable without the "oops you werent there"?
Warning, you may get desynced.

If the server could tell, you would get resynced.
you can pay attention to mob movement. Often times its more than enough to figure out if you are desynced or not
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Sometimes the game resync you on it's own, do you think its random? There has to be something that let the server know we both are not in sync.
That's like driving along and you're about to hit a pedestrian. So you roll down the window and yell "Hey, I'm about to hit you". Wouldn't it be better to just hit the brakes instead of wasting time giving a warning?

"
Sometimes the game resync you on it's own

The game doesn't do anything on it's own. When it resyncs it means the server sent a message telling it to. At that point a warning is useless because it's already resynced.
As soon as the server detects desynch, it resynchronises.

Simplified version of how I understand it (someone correct me please if I'm wrong):

Resynch is resending of all the position data between client and server. Normally client and server work some things out separately, and only some data are send trough right away (like hit or damage calculations). This allows for smooth game most of the time despite latency.

If you attack a mob that your client think is in one place, server will get that information. If there is no monster there on the server side to attack, it becomes suspicious. If there are many situations like that in a short time, and it reaches a predefined threshold, you get resynch, that corrects the problem.

Some minor differences between client and server data are normal and acceptable. I would guess that there is also a resynch per time interval.

If you attack a mob and it does not seem to react, you probably have a desynch, and its best warning you can have atm.
Git Gud or Die Cryin
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Oh, get used to /oos ing when you think shit is fucky. I think shit is fucky at all times. That's why I stay in town and /oos all day long.

Seriously tho, when you think something isnt right you /oos
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
DAYLEET wrote:
Sometimes the game resync you on it's own, do you think its random? There has to be something that let the server know we both are not in sync.
yeah
and it's called being Dead
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Warning, you may get desynced.

If the server could tell, you would get resynced.

Exactly. These people never even think before making these threads.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info