Armor

"
Armour is not competitive.

"
TikoXi wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
GGG went "untraditional" from the start, with the way Armour works - but I think it was a mistake from the start.

it isn't protecting you against anything, really, in mid to high maps or even late Merciless, no matter how well you can stack it. the big, stun-inflicting physical hits can completely bypass it.
it should. I mean, isn't that's what it's supposed to be there for?

when even Endurance Charges offer better protection, instead of for example being an additional stun protection/recovery on top of an armour mechanic that means something in terms of actual damage mitigation - it's "Huston we have a problem".
we always had a problem.

tldr: Armor doesn't work when it needs to.
Response: So what's new?

No, seriously. This is something that anyone and everyone who has tried to play a pure armor build can tell you. Armor's mechanics need a complete redesign because of the nature of the game's balance at high levels.

"
Veracocha wrote:
Armor does work when you have ~20.000 armor points. Then it's pretty good but even then the high level map version of Kole will be able to one shot you. So yeah...

"
FULL_SYNTEC wrote:
I used to have 50k armour on my duelist and Kole could one hit me.

Armour - noob trap and not working at all, just fail.
I can dig up posts from a year ago where people were saying "EV is worthless, its so stupid, the only way to play is to stack armour" which had almost identical complaints to this armour thread.

I had similar responses saying "actually its pretty good, its a question of situation, but it isn't nearly as bad as you are saying it is"

Armour may not be fotm at the moment, like all defensive stats it has situations it excels at and situations it is weak against. That doesn't mean we need to ridiculously buff it
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
I can dig up posts from a year ago where people were saying "EV is worthless, its so stupid, the only way to play is to stack armour" which had almost identical complaints to this armour thread.

And it will be irrelevant, as meanwhile EVA had a bunch of direct and indirect buffs.
These days both armor and evasion sucked. But armor sucked less.
Nowadays both armor an evasion suck. But evasion sucks less.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 12, 2015, 4:50:51 AM
Yup, best defense is to try to get as much max res, block/spell block, or dodge/spell dodge as possible and then spam immortal call.

I don't do any of those things with my toons (because they limit builds a LOT), which is why my best is only level 94 (and I'm totally stuck there). I really wish I could just use the basic defenses that GGG misleads us into thinking are good, rather than being pigeonholed into using a tiny amount of specific gem setups and unique gear and exploits just to conform with everyone else. Fixing armor would go a long way towards increasing build variety...
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Bramblejack + Mind Over Matter + Iron Reflexes + Block Spells and CWDT +- CI = Lvl 100 Scion
Neden yaşıyorsun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info