Armor

"
This is exactly why using evasion when surrounded by 1 high accuracy and many low accuracy mobs (that you are not killing fast enough) is a death-wish because the low accuracy mobs are essentially buffing the boss's chance to hit.

That isn't much of a concern though. I am pretty sure all enemies have the same accuracy, be in unique, rare, magic, or normal. The only way to have more accuracy is to have the accurate mod.
"
Starxsword wrote:
I am pretty sure all enemies have the same accuracy, be in unique, rare, magic, or normal. The only way to have more accuracy is to have the accurate mod.

Yes, I think that's true, when they rebalanced evasion in OB they gave all monsters the same accuracy, no matter the type. Previously, 'agile' monsters like monkeys had higher accuracy and evasion and now it's just evasion.

Supposedly, magic and rare monsters can have higher accuracy only if they have accuracy mod, but I'm not so sure about bosses and exiles, I suspect those are an exception.

Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Starxsword wrote:
I am pretty sure all enemies have the same accuracy, be in unique, rare, magic, or normal. The only way to have more accuracy is to have the accurate mod.

Yes, I think that's true, when they rebalanced evasion in OB they gave all monsters the same accuracy, no matter the type. Previously, 'agile' monsters like monkeys had higher accuracy and evasion and now it's just evasion.

Supposedly, magic and rare monsters can have higher accuracy only if they have accuracy mod, but I'm not so sure about bosses and exiles, I suspect those are an exception.

I'm pretty sure magic, rare and unique have higher accuracies than whites. And unique would have higher accuracy than a rare, etc. As an example I doubt Atziri has the same accuracy as the white / blues / yellow mobs on her map.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 5, 2015, 5:18:39 PM
Does Atziri even use attacks? The only one which might be is the spears.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Starxsword wrote:

I'm pretty sure magic, rare and unique have higher accuracies than whites. And unique would have higher accuracy than a rare, etc. As an example I doubt Atziri has the same accuracy as the white / blues / yellow mobs on her map.

Nope, only if they have additional accuracy. Brutus has same accuracy as a white mob, but do remember the 'level' of these mobs is higher, so this may be what you are referring to. A level 61 mob is higher accuracy than a level 60
Last edited by Real_Wolf on Mar 5, 2015, 11:53:31 PM
"

If Magic, Rares and Uniques truly have higher accuracy, then, it isn't noticeable. I am currently not playing an evasion character, but if you have one, you can go and test it. I don't remember Uniques or Rares being anymore accurate than whites. The difference is their damage.
I don't remember Kole hitting me anymore often than the lightning warp guys or Piety hitting me anymore often than the guys in Lunaris 3. They just hit harder, that is all I've noticed.
Oh really? That's interesting. Any source on this you can provide. Maybe it's just me but I've always felt that the Atziri trio hit me more often than the regular mobs.

Very interesting, if it really works that way and bosses have same chance to hit as regular mobs, then you could "cheese" the system to favor hits from regular mobs instead of the boss when fighting the boss. You would need low/no AOE and a way to singly reduce the accuracy of the boss (blind / enfeeble) without reducing the accuracy of any of the surrounding mobs. And not kill the surrounding mobs too quickly. The more mobs that surround you the better and this would drastically reduce the chance of taking a hit from the boss.
"
raics wrote:
"
Starxsword wrote:
No, it is not possible to take 2 medium hits in a row. The hits you take are always set according to your evasion percentage. If you have a 66% evade, it will always be in this pattern hit-miss-miss-hit-miss-miss. If you have 50% evasion, it will be hit-miss-hit-miss, etc.

And if you got 49%, every hundred attacks it will be hit-hit-miss.

"
Starxsword wrote:
Also, what does Merciless Weaver have anything to do with Evasion or Armor? It uses Chaos Ethereal Knives. Neither Evasion nor Armor help against Chaos damage.

It's 50% physical - 50% chaos, I think. Very few enemy skills are 100% chaos, those vaal constructs or spitter snakes also do 50% chaos (or some other non-100 percentage).

If you're going an evasion character and have less than 50%, even as a hybrid, you've done fucked up somewhere.

I have an evasion/armor duelist with ondurs and no acro, speccing heavily into armor (cause I just dropped Iron Reflexes, lo and behold how much tankier I got...) and I still have 55% evasion with mostly armor/ev gear.

If you're pure evasion with a sheild, you should be able to hit 75% with a bit of difficulty. Plus acro.

Argument isn't wrong, it's just invalid.

Also, RE:weaver - it's mostly chaos. Take CI and watch her EK absolutely tickle without IC.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Mar 6, 2015, 8:26:00 AM
"
TikoXi wrote:
Argument isn't wrong, it's just invalid.

Might be, might be not, that's the reason for all this talk of monster accuracy. Rogue exiles, for one, sure feel like they hit more often, I've seen people asking if Torr Olgosso has RT.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Oh really? That's interesting. Any source on this you can provide. Maybe it's just me but I've always felt that the Atziri trio hit me more often than the regular mobs.

Unfortunately, no sources, just observations. But I did do some testing a bit back against Kole and Piety respectively. I didn't notice any major changes in hit chance. But of course, that is just observational testing and it wasn't for unique vs white mobs or anything. I was just testing out how entropy works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info