Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

Here's my detailed overview of POE vs D3:

Good dog!

Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Feb 23, 2015, 12:28:18 AM
"Desync is the biggest problem with PoE and has been since day 1. While the devs claim its by "their design" they are living in a fantasy world if they think players consider this acceptable. Its so bad, many players build their characters solely to work around desync as best as possible and the game feels like its still in BETA"

A review for a game hasn't been so truthful in a long time but this topped it off. Imo the part where it says some players build around it to get the best out of their ideas is the sad truth about build diversity, wander/bow for example and ranged builds in particular, leaving them overpowered will not really take people's disgust off the terrible desync there is in general.

In fact, the desync in the game is so bad and making it look unfixable since day 1, that they considered it "a feature" LOL.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
grepman wrote:
"
PoofGoof wrote:
Some points of disagreement with things like "nostalgia" being a key point in an argument, but whatever.

I find it more enjoyable an Indie company has a multi-million dollar company tripping in their high heels.

Blizzards also had well over double the time GGG has to perfect the formula and still seems to be struggling with staying on top.
if you're referring to nostalgia in my argument, I can assure you it has little to do with anything

there are still games coming out that preserve that feel of the 90s, both being imperfectly polished and great idea-wise.

most of them, sadly, are released by indie companies or are kickstarted projects, because, in part, big game companies care way too much about polish, sterility and stability (didnt an assassin creed game have some funny visual bugs and they gave FREE copy of another game to those who bought that yawnstipating game ?) as opposed to bold new ideas and risk.

people nowadays also are less likely to spend time when stuck in a game. theyd rather play another game or cheat when confronted with a challenge, either a difficulty challenge or a technical challenge.

you can download another game in a matter of seconds or look at a guide in a matter of milliseconds
gone are the days where you dont have access to guides and are playing nothing but wizardry iv for 5 months to beat it without hints.

Was referring to the conclusion for sound and effects found in the link. Made the argument seem biased.
Here's my review:

D3 played: around 100 hours
PoE played: around 1200 hours

GG

Spoiler
The review is okay-ish but some points are plain opinion while others are weighted in a weird way.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
These are the D3 forums now?

Can I do a detailed overview thread of Megaman X vs. Path of Exile?

Mods, if you don't say no in the next 120 seconds, I'll assume that it is okay and get to work.

XD

Looking forward to it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
These are the D3 forums now?

Can I do a detailed overview thread of Megaman X vs. Path of Exile?

Mods, if you don't say no in the next 120 seconds, I'll assume that it is okay and get to work.

XD
srsly..one guys opinion? was a good read but who cares.

lol@ all the ones who got their feathers ruffled
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
There is no "versus" between POE and D3. POE = hardcore no good drops build diversity game. D3 = casual faceroll the game at your leisure easy mode game.
"
There is no "versus" between POE and D3. POE = hardcore no good drops build diversity game. D3 = casual faceroll the game at your leisure easy mode game.

B-but greater rifts! Torment 9001!

Spoiler
I actually kinda like the flexible difficulty system of D3, but unfortunately higher damage numbers don't make the game any less bland.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

B-but greater rifts! Torment 9001!

Spoiler
I actually kinda like the flexible difficulty system of D3, but unfortunately higher damage numbers don't make the game any less bland.

Higher ex cost to build around some OP gg mjolnir/shavs build isnt making this game any less bland either.

You either have those super rich and those super poor, at least in D3 they struck down trading and went all self found, GGG doesnt know how to cater to both crowds same as blizzard. Thats the problem. Drop rates around trading in POE, and thats why i just like the build diversity, nothing else great to speak of in POE. D3 has boring endless paragon grinds but it also got nice drop rates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info