Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

in before 'bu bu desync does have something to do with death penalty because I didnt do anything wrong and Im punished' retort

again, GGG doesnt owe you jack shit

back in the mid 90s when I was starting pc gaming, I lost countless times in single and multiplayer games. a lot of times it had NOTHING to do with my skill but with bugs and games being without saves. yet I was still 'punished' by forcing to restart missions or level or even entire game

guess what I did ? post up at a newsgroup with my nose up and demand that devs stop punishing me for mistakes I myself didnt do ?
nope, I stuck to games and I liked it. and when I beat those buggy levels, they became some of most memorable, to the point I can fondly remember them even now very well.

so even in 2015, Id take an engaging fun game with hundreds of bugs that impeded my 'progress' over a lacquer-polished sterile hand-holding, boring game.
It's interesting how this guy evaluates categories. Death penalty, for example, is 4 points, while trading is only 3. I wouldn't give death penalty more than 2 points of importance myself.

I'd also point out that he repeats "Loot" in one section with "Items" later on, even though they are the same thing, but then he wouldn't be giving the category the full 10 points it rightfully deserves.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 22, 2015, 10:54:04 PM
"
grepman wrote:
in before 'bu bu desync does have something to do with death penalty because I didnt do anything wrong and Im punished' retort

back in the mid 90s when I was starting pc gaming, I lost countless times in single and multiplayer games. a lot of times it had NOTHING to do with my skill but with bugs and games being without saves. yet I was still 'punished' by forcing to restart missions or level or even entire game

guess what I did ? post up at a newsgroup with my nose up and demand that devs stop punishing me for mistakes I myself didnt do ?
nope, I stuck to games and I liked it. and when I beat those buggy levels, they became some of most memorable, to the point I can fondly remember them even now very well.

so even in 2015, Id take an engaging fun game with hundreds of bugs that impeded my 'progress' over a lacquer-polished sterile hand-holding, boring game.

And how did them bugs get fixed? by everyone not talking about them? by saying just deal with it?

Im sure you know where im going with this most likely only memorable because they shouldn't have been there in the first place > testing
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
GGG should be proud just to be compared to a multi-multi-million dollar project like D3.

This is the only relevant thing i got from this thread.

GGG, the david among game developers. Now somebody hand them a sling-shot.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
GGG should be proud just to be compared to a multi-multi-million dollar project like D3.

This is the only relevant thing i got from this thread.

GGG, the david among game developers. Now somebody hand them a sling-shot.

Peace,

-Boem-

Why settle for that when you got the choice to do something better than it is?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
PoE is for gamers, when D3 is mainstream.

I bought D3 expansion, reach level 70, upgrade some stuff and stop, that was just bored.

i played lot of hours to PoE more than D3 and i bought d3 vanilla D3

For sayd, this blog is extremently subjective ( and a bit stupid)

Difficulty : D3 wins because is more easier than PoE. of course !!

Death systems : D3 wins because PoE has a death penalty, yes PoE need to play with mates for be safe, for an online game, apparamently is wrong. nice try !!

Sound and music : D3 wins because music package is more nostalgic. talk nostalgie in a comparison.

i'll pass on lot of things...

IMO PoE WINS and put D3 at the bottom of toilets and flush
"
Lynerus wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

And how did them bugs get fixed? by everyone not talking about them? by saying just deal with it?

Im sure you know where im going with this most likely only memorable because they shouldn't have been there in the first place > testing
who said they got fixed ? most of them didn't.

some of them werent even bugs, but features, like no saves/checkpoints

the first hitman game, back in the what, 2000 or something ?
all missions are trial and error, you do something wrong, you are back at the start of level. which sometimes is big and requires a lot of repetition to get back where you did something wrong.
I loved that game and it's still best hitman to me (even though blood money is more polished and nonlinear)

went to steam the other day saw old eidos items sale, looked at the reviews and lol'ed at all the clowns whining 'bu bu its trial and error, too punishing' 'you go to the mission start when a guard who was 100s of feet away heard you' 'you can't even know what to do'

its downright hilarious how nowadays gamers feel entitled to shit.
Last edited by grepman on Feb 22, 2015, 11:09:21 PM
"
PoE is for gamers, when D3 is mainstream.

I bought D3 expansion, reach level 70, upgrade some stuff and stop, that was just bored.

i played lot of hours to PoE more than D3 and i bought d3 vanilla D3

For sayd, this blog is extremently subjective ( and a bit stupid)

Difficulty : D3 wins because is more easier than PoE. of course !!

Death systems : D3 wins because PoE has a death penalty, yes PoE need to play with mates for be safe, for an online game, apparamently is wrong. nice try !!

Sound and music : D3 wins because music package is more nostalgic. talk nostalgie in a comparison.

i'll pass on lot of things...

IMO PoE WINS and put D3 at the bottom of toilets and flush

The hardest content in D3 (high level Greater Rifts) is harder than the hardest content in PoE: Uber Atziri.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

who said they got fixed ? most of them didn't.

some of them werent even bugs, but features, like no saves/checkpoints

the first hitman game, back in the what, 2000 or something ?
all missions are trial and error, you do something wrong, you are back at the start of level. which sometimes is big and requires a lot of repetition to get back where you did something wrong.
I loved that game and it's still best hitman to me (even though blood money is more polished and nonlinear)

went to steam the other day saw old eidos items sale, looked at the reviews and lol'ed at all the clowns whining 'bu bu its trial and error, too punishing' 'you go to the mission start when a guard who was 100s of feet away heard you' 'you can't even know what to do'

its downright hilarious how nowadays gamers feel entitled to shit.

Maybe the first Hitman game was just not one of the best games out when it was released? Super Mario Bros which was released in 1985 was a very smooth and intuitive experience and that game is considered to be a very good game.
"
mazul wrote:

Maybe the first Hitman game was just not one of the best games out when it was released? Super Mario Bros which was released in 1985 was a very smooth and intuitive experience and that game is considered to be a very good game.

I really dont see the relevance of your post to mine.

what do mario bros have to do with anything ?
Im talking about pc gaming on pc's in the 90s

my point being that some of the greatest pc games Ive played were ridden with bugs, crashes or bad technical design decisions that impeded progress. like vtm:bloodlines or like hitman. that didnt stop them from being great games.

in todays world people who are raised in the world of sterile games, and games that hold your hand the whole time, they cannot even fucking play the original hitman. games that require patience and persistence are too much for the ADD crowd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info