Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

"
Quantume wrote:
"
"
choopk1993 wrote:
I doubt itll survive through act 4 hue hue.

Troll detected:

Total Forum Posts:
19805 (25.49 posts per day)

[Removed by Support]
I'm Quantume.
Nice to meet you.

Congrats for profile stalking me i guess, you just proof that youre a troll as post counts dont mean anything, content does, and you just didnt post anything constructive, so keep trolling.
"
FadeXF wrote:
"

Congrats for profile stalking me i guess, you just proof that youre a troll as post counts dont mean anything, content does, and you just didnt post anything constructive, so keep trolling.

[Removed by Support]

Anyways. My 2cents.

PS: that go to "profile stalking" you have whenever someone mentions your post count is really out dated, and completely red herring. Clicking on your name just to see something you may have posted isn't stalking - I do it to quite a few posters, you just happen to see the post count when you do. It's not like someone is following you around trying to find out where you live or anything.

I dont see your posts being of great value to society and this forum either but then again, you just attack me personally like all the others here who are the real trolls. Everyone knows its the real trolls who calls someone else a troll, nothing new there, keep it up, i enjoy wasting my time here anyways.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
lol, the people praising poe play poe, and are hence part of both communities. I love how everyone with a detailed, thoughtful reply prefers PoE, in fact, more people on the D3 forums seem to prefer PoE to D3? Funny that.

100 times more active players too, lol, I would say D3 at best has the same active player base, it sells more copies on launch, and then rapidly loses far more of them in a few weeks because thats the sort of game it is. Millions of people buy the D3 games, and millions of people sign up to PoE every year, PoE blatantly holds way more of its players for far longer which offsets the fact that D3s millions sold are maybe 3 times higher than PoE drags in each year. Blizzard sells an awful lot of copies to people who like to play a game for a week and then put it on the shelf, thats the vast majority of its sales.

Even Pewzor prefers PoE, thats why he spends so much time here, has the 3 beside his name, he just thrives on negativity and needs something to fuel it. If D3 was a better game he would be pushing grifts right now and he wouldnt even bother with this place.

i prefer PoE over D3 by a huge margin, but this statement is funny, D3 almost have more viewers on twitch then poe have active players in the evening.

second bolded is also funny, lol, only small portion of players stick with PoE.

There was a statistic somewhere, cant remember, but Chris showed it, most people stop after normal , only very small portion of people even get to merc, like really small portion.

more viewers since ros was released and poe is in downtime waiting for act4, im watching d3 now on twitch rather than poe. There was over a year there where poe consistently had more viewers than d3 because that games player base drops off, blizzard cant maintain the updates required to hold their players, they dont even want to theyre happy with selling units and then letting it die off for a while, nothing wrong with that but it is what it is.

GGG said there was 7 million new people signed up to PoE in a year. Blizzard quoted combined sales of D3 and RoS at 20 million copies, obviously the people who bought RoS also bought D3, bringing that figure down, but its an older figure so they must have sold more copies since raising it back up. Thats in its whole life, 7 million for PoE wasnt total, it was for 1 year, a lot of us posting here have been with the game for several years. Im not pulling numbers out of my arse, when I said 3x as many it was based on actual figures and probably leaning towards giving D3 an unfairly high representation given Im comparing 1 year figures of PoE vs lifetime sales of D3.

100 times the player base? Thats a figure pulled out of an arse, where from those numbers does anyone get the idea it has 100 times the player base? that game has spent the majority of its life dead as a doornail where PoE has maintained a consistent up and down ladder/expansion cycle that has seen constantly higher and higher total online players at its peaks since the open beta release.

From what we know act3x had higher active players than open beta release, forsaken masters had higher active player numbers than act3x. D3 sold something like 12 million copies before it released, ros sold 3 million copies by the end of the first week, so tell me which game is growing its player base and holding them and which game is dropping massive %s of it players as they continue to expand it?
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Mar 16, 2015, 2:22:14 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't see this article adding value of any sort, apart from being clear-strucutured and visually appealing.

Content-wise, the author tries to narrow down two very complex and unique games into a win-lose-dichotomy. It's a perfect example of man's obsession with trying to measure and compare everything.

The truth is, both games appeal to different audiences in their own way. Just let go of the urge to make everything transparent and predictable, and life will be beautiful.

Last edited by Invisible_Frog on Mar 16, 2015, 2:36:26 PM
"
Quantume wrote:
My two cents for end game;

The term itself is such a funny paradox...
Start a game when something has ended?
You reach the end, and expect things to go on?

I'd rather have a good, never ending game.
The problem is, how to keep it going?

I think a perfect game would be one that scales and adjusts its difficulty and challenge levels
around a characters abilities and skill choices dynamically, while being played as a open, massive, randomly generated world with some fixed main zones, and as little restrictions as possible.

Duels between lvl 1-99 chars would be based on irl skills instead of gear or a skill point amount.
Even parties with high lvl gaps would be balanced and have no real penalties regarding exp or loot.

You could play whenever, however, with whomever, and it would always feel wholesome.
Sounds like a nice utopistic gamers fantasy, but it could be achieved if done by gamers for gamers, and not by MTX/DLC for a company.

Maybe we'll see something like this one day.
To me it seems inevitable looking at the track that we're on.
Technologically we're as good as we get, now it's time to work on the gaming philosophies.

I think RoS does it right. D3 now has endless game for lack of a better term. Unlimited difficulty and rifts level. Or at least a place none can get to. You start capping in a place everything one shots you no matter gear you have, even a white mobs arrow, so only end point is that point.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 16, 2015, 2:53:54 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Quantume wrote:
My two cents for end game;

The term itself is such a funny paradox...
Start a game when something has ended?
You reach the end, and expect things to go on?

I'd rather have a good, never ending game.
The problem is, how to keep it going?

I think a perfect game would be one that scales and adjusts its difficulty and challenge levels
around a characters abilities and skill choices dynamically, while being played as a open, massive, randomly generated world with some fixed main zones, and as little restrictions as possible.

Duels between lvl 1-99 chars would be based on irl skills instead of gear or a skill point amount.
Even parties with high lvl gaps would be balanced and have no real penalties regarding exp or loot.

You could play whenever, however, with whomever, and it would always feel wholesome.
Sounds like a nice utopistic gamers fantasy, but it could be achieved if done by gamers for gamers, and not by MTX/DLC for a company.

Maybe we'll see something like this one day.
To me it seems inevitable looking at the track that we're on.
Technologically we're as good as we get, now it's time to work on the gaming philosophies.

I think RoS does it right. D3 now has endless game for lack of a better term. Unlimited difficulty and rifts level. Or at least a place none can get to. You start capping in a place everything one shots you no matter gear you have, even a white mobs arrow, so only end point is that point.

There is no right or wrong between those 2 games. D3 is casual, POE isnt. POE got trading, D3 got SFL. D3 is faceroll fun and POE is build diversity. Why people want to compare things so bad i will never understand.
"

There is no right or wrong between those 2 games. D3 is casual, POE isnt. POE got trading, D3 got SFL. D3 is faceroll fun and POE is build diversity. Why people want to compare things so bad i will never understand.

Hey, it keeps them off the streets and away from drugs so its not an entirely bad thing.

Anyways, how can you expect to maintain any level of self esteem if you can't champion your side of a cause in a completely arbitrary comparison between 2 things?
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
So, now let's see what the post 2.0.0 consensus is on this debate. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Diablo 3 wins in combat and in ENDGAME content???? There is no Diablo 3 endgame content... OMG OMG OMG
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

"
Raycheetah wrote:
So, now let's see what the post 2.0.0 consensus is on this debate. =^[.]^=

Diablo 3 just released patched 2.2 a couple of days ago, so they already revealed their card. :3
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info