Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

"
Raycheetah wrote:
So, now let's see what the post 2.0.0 consensus is on this debate. =^[.]^=

Argh!
Twas a good read, thanks.
PoE wins because:
1. It has an economy.
2. The way you build characters takes a massive dump on D3. I've heard it's much better since RoS, but it can't possibly have a fraction of the depth.
"
ThePromise110 wrote:
PoE wins because:
1. It has an economy.
2. The way you build characters takes a massive dump on D3. I've heard it's much better since RoS, but it can't possibly have a fraction of the depth.

With Legendary gems in there you don't know the half. But PoE is still Bae.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
D3 isn't easier than POE, unless desync is a monster, in which case POE is a LOT harder. But desync isn't a monster, it's a defect.
The games are hard in different, good ways. Not just due to the defect monster.
POE has some serious problems such as item ground clutter and 3 acts. Both of which will be "fixed" soon. How did something so easy to fix like the massively annoying item ground clutter take so long to fix? Bad priorities by the devs.
POE has more issues though which apparently will not be "fixed" anytime soon., such as lack of mercenaries and said desync. Desync so bad it's a monster in and of itself.
D3 may not be the feel for you, but with ROS, it's as polished a game as you can expect these days. With more things to come.
POE is still a good game or so many thousands of people wouldn't still play it, but it is not as developed as D3. This is just a fact of Blizzard being gigantic vs a smaller dev GGG.
I can list many things D3 has that POE does not. But few things POE has that D3 does not.
In the end I feel Most of the arguing for or against POE/D3 is like soccer fans harping the tune of their already chosen team.
In reality, D3 is better right now, slightly, and you can play if you want to pay 60 bucks or whatever (with ROS), or, if you don't, you can always play a close second.
For free.
POE.
What a man would rather play, sometimes boils down to cash out of pocket upfront. Choosing the lesser product for free, will make many people happier. And providing enjoyment is all it's really about anyway and in that regard POE hits a mark.
I personally will leave POE if act 4 patch doesn't hit a home run.
I'm pretty much at my end of arpg's if this waiting doesn't pan out for POE. I won't even play D3.
So far neither game i believe deserves a single penny from my pocket.
Sick to death of hearing, "maybe someday" from either group of devs.
I'm sensing a colossal miss at the plate for this patch.
Neither game is as fun so far as Diablo 2's left pinky toe.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
So, now let's see what the post 2.0.0 consensus is on this debate. =^[.]^=

Argh!

Well, the pirates have weighed in. Anyone else? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Templar_G wrote:
D3 isn't easier than POE, unless desync is a monster, in which case POE is a LOT harder. But desync isn't a monster, it's a defect.
POE has some serious problems such as item ground clutter and 3 acts. Both of which will be "fixed" soon. How did something so easy to fix like the massively annoying item ground clutter take so long to fix? Bad priorities by the devs.
POE has more issues though which apparently will not be "fixed" anytime soon., such as lack of mercenaries and said desync. Desync so bad it's a monster in and of itself.
D3 may not be the feel for you, but with ROS, it's as polished a game as you can expect these days. With more things to come.
POE is still a good game or so many thousands of people wouldn't still play it, but it is not as developed as D3. This is just a fact of Blizzard being gigantic vs a smaller dev GGG.
I can list many things D3 has that POE does not. But few things POE has that D3 does not.
In the end I feel Most of the arguing for or against POE/D3 is like soccer fans harping the tune of their already chosen team.
In reality, D3 is better right now, slightly, and you can play if you want to pay 60 bucks or whatever (with ROS), or, if you don't, you can always play a close second.
For free.
POE.
What a man would rather play, sometimes boils down to cash out of pocket upfront. Choosing the lesser product for free, will make many people happier. And providing enjoyment is all it's really about anyway and in that regard POE hits a mark.
I'm pretty much at my end of arpg's if this waiting doesn't pan out for POE. I won't even play D3.

You might be surprised to learn that PoE 2.0.0 incorporates a Deterministic Lockstep mode which prevents desync:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1242915

It does leave you actions subject to your ping, but GGG is also looking at expanding the range of servers to minimize even that effect. Time will tell how this changes gameplay. As for you other points, of course individual preference (if one has one) depends on one's tastes and priorities. But even those may be shaken up a bit by what has been added in one or the other game. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
D3
"
Templar_G wrote:
For free.
POE.

1 - The ground clutter. Did you know a single piece of white trash with 5 or 6linked sockets is worth much more than many average unique items? PoE is not a game where White = trash and blue = throwaway. Crafting is core of the game. This is why this 'Ground clutter' is so important to many good players.

2 - Desync. This has been the number 1 quote of haters or D3fanboys alike. If Desync was that gamebreaking, how did so many people manage to get to lv90+ on hardcore? Is desync present? Of course (and it's present on D3 too) but it's manageable. And yes 2.0.0 will reduce it even more.

3 - Bad priorities. PoE has been a constantly evolving game with so much mechanics, leagues and whatnot added in on the base game. GGG had a vision for their game and they are slowly realizing that goal. D3 on the other hand was a Wow like arpg with an auction house slapped on it. It has been going backwards since. The auction house was removed. Difficulty was lowered. Nearly all the legendaries has been redone. trading has been disabled. For a triple A title, it still misses a lot of featured from D2. Incidentally most of them are present in PoE. This dumbed down and oversimplification of the core gameplay lead beta players like me to switch to PoE instead.

4- Listing many things that D3 does better. Aside from nostalgia factor of seeing a less intimidating king leoric... i don't know. You could elaborate on your thousand things that D3 does better. You could mention desync (it's a main staple for arguments), but I'll still choose PoE system of evasion, manual dodge, % to hit over the WoW like mechanics of d3.

5- the lesser product cost $60 + $40.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
The death penalty for POE actually makes sense. If your character blows ass and continually dies, that's the game's way of telling you to make a new one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info