My torment 5link results

"
MissDerry wrote:
7 pages of this thread along with the 700+ fuses I have used so far on my lioneye's has not convinced me. Used half of my standard currency. Shoulda just saved up for a 6L :/

if you can afford not getting a 6l within 1500 fuses you should go for it, otherwise its better to go with the safe bet.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
I really don't understand why people argue over statistics.

If your goal is to make 100 5L or 6L because you make a ton of different builds, the Vorici is a bad idea because you'll have a statistically significant average. The average states that using Vorici is bad.

That said...

If you use 4 characters over two years and only have 3 builds for a total of 4 6L items, then Vorici is a good idea. You will have a statistically insignificant average.

If you're casual and can only save up 150 fuses in a month, Vorici is a good idea because it's a make-or-break situation otherwise.

If your item is irreplaceable and you're using it, Vorici is a good idea. If your item is not irreplaceable or you're not using it, Vorici is a bad idea.

If you only have mirrored weapons and corrupted chests, manually fusing stuff is a terrible idea because it's impossible. ;)

Long story short, Vorici for links is sometimes good, sometimes bad, just like his chrome rolls.

Maybe somebody wants to create a thread about how Vorici is sometimes a good idea, and sometimes a bad idea?
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
FadeXF wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1207660

2 in 1 week so far.

Maybe you should offer your wisdom and advise to this guy who just lost 2k fuses for 0 6L.

I'm sure YOUR average to 6L is like 500 fuses though, amirite OP?

lolz.

Yet again: check mate, son.

you ask advice here we go:

Just use vorici and set counter to 3500.
Or try 1499 more manual and create 1499x +-0.1% chance to hit 6l which still beats
Vorici IN LONG TERM. Learn to read ffs.

Check THAT, mate.

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Feb 25, 2015, 3:12:37 PM
How about:

We KNOW 100%sure 6link odds are less than 1500.

Lets say 1000 or even 1499 For all I care. How in the world can u argue vorici yields better in long term?

70% crit chance means 7 out of 10 hits crit give or take.

Not 1 or 10. YES it CAN and WILL happen but LONG TERM it WILL be 700000/1000000 Give or take a %

Same with fuse.

I dont need 3 items to prove that, nor do i need a million.

OMG go play ResTech build if you want zero crit chance, use vorici if you want 100% fuse chance.

bye bye vorici
Last edited by Earthslug on Feb 25, 2015, 3:28:36 PM
Srry for that loss buddy.

I read that post somewhere u use vorici ever since right?

Very understandable.

However by doing so you gave up all chance to hit any future 6 links and disabled the option to hit even ever again. thus removing the long term factor.

Please do note that hitting 1000 fuse 6 link is NOT the exception, you are the exception.

Also. I really am not your enemy. Bad luck is.

6500 fuse no 6 link. I'uninstalled by now true story.

Real srry for that.

"
Earthslug wrote:
How about:

We KNOW 100%sure 6link odds are less than 1500.

Lets say 1000 or even 1499 For all I care. How in the world can u argue vorici yields better in long term?

70% crit chance means 7 out of 10 hits crit give or take.

Not 1 or 10. YES it CAN and WILL happen but LONG TERM it WILL be 700000/1000000 Give or take a %

Same with fuse.

I dont need 3 items to prove that, nor do i need a million.

OMG go play ResTech build if you want zero crit chance, use vorici if you want 100% fuse chance.

bye bye vorici

And again.
You're showing the amazing lack of RNG (and, more important, probability theory) understanding.

70% crit.chance means that you have 70% chance to make a critical strike.
And no, this doesn't mean that 70% of your strikes will definitely be a critical ones. That would be called "70% crit.rate".
With 70% crit.chance you can easily do only 1 crit.strike out of 100. Btw, that's the RNG for you.

It seems you don't understand (and don't see) the difference between those two (chance & rate).

Also, please, post a link (or any other proof) to the (if possibly - DEV's) confirmation about "we know that 6L RATE are < 1500 fusing orbs".

As always - entertaining read...
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
[Removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Feb 26, 2015, 2:21:14 AM
Tnx for that chance / rate info.

That dev rate is somewhere in patch notes
Peace
Last edited by Earthslug on Feb 26, 2015, 2:21:49 AM