My torment 5link results

"
Grimmhammer wrote:
This whole thread can basically be summed up as:

OP: Not using Vorici is cheaper! These 3 trials PROVE it

Community: You've proved nothing

OP: But I'm riiiiight!!!!

Community: Your conclusion is indeed correct, but your methodology is false and proves nothing *tips fedora*

OP: Stop the bullshit posts!! Waaaaahhh!!

Also OP, how come your profile is set to private? Do you smell that? It's coming from you.
yup I am complete noob. Just spend your 150 at vorici please. Done now flaming?
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Feb 23, 2015, 11:31:33 AM
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
Did this guy really use a sample size of 3... but like seriously?

Like, he has to be 1/10 trolling. No way.

He claims he hasn't, yet the data presented clearly points in that direction.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Punica1980 wrote:
My experience:

- 6L'd a Lioneyes Glare in 63 fusings (waaaaaay back)
- found a 6L in very first league, sold it for a div in hope of getting all 8 achievements, thinking the unique achievement was doable for a ~40 hour a week player.
- 6L'd using Vorici
- 5L'd several items just by spamming some fusings (never more then ~50)
- 6S'd a Belly 2 weeks ago with 5 jewelers and 5L'd it 4 fusings.

Right now I have 1 simple rule:
- want a 5L or 6L? just buy it. No RNG and cheaper. And yes, I even buy 5L's

There is no item that justifies making it a 5L over buying something via Poe.trade.
Any imba chest or weapon can be bought with less currency then 5L-ing it via Vorici. And if that item is so imba in the first place, why 5L and not 6L? So you can use it while saving for the 6L cost? I'd rather buy and get a better item in the same time.
Yes, doing it with just spamming fusings can and will most likely be cheaper, but RNG is RNG and I'm done taking unneeded risks in this game. There is too much RNG in POE as it is.

6L, same story, just buy it. I bought a 6L lightning coil for 18 ex 3 weeks ago. 18 ex! with torment exchange 63 fus: 1 ex that is 1134 fusing worth of gear. So I roughly saved 25% on fusings and got the item aswell, and no cost for 6S-ing.
Even a Shav Wrappings: you can buy 1 for 38 ex on torment, no usefull links/5L. A 6L will cost you 53 ex (cheapest available). 15 ex difference = 945 fusings. So why would you even use Vorici or just spam when average is ~1000 what people claim? To test your luck? I pass for that.

If you want 5linked or 6linked gear....... just buy it.

This guy knows what's up. If you're selffound you aren't going to use vorici anyway.
Second-class poe gamer
I always manually link items, 5 links are easy to get anyways. Those fusings used can also lead to a six link.
"
pr13st wrote:
"
Punica1980 wrote:
My experience:

- 6L'd a Lioneyes Glare in 63 fusings (waaaaaay back)
- found a 6L in very first league, sold it for a div in hope of getting all 8 achievements, thinking the unique achievement was doable for a ~40 hour a week player.
- 6L'd using Vorici
- 5L'd several items just by spamming some fusings (never more then ~50)
- 6S'd a Belly 2 weeks ago with 5 jewelers and 5L'd it 4 fusings.

Right now I have 1 simple rule:
- want a 5L or 6L? just buy it. No RNG and cheaper. And yes, I even buy 5L's

There is no item that justifies making it a 5L over buying something via Poe.trade.
Any imba chest or weapon can be bought with less currency then 5L-ing it via Vorici. And if that item is so imba in the first place, why 5L and not 6L? So you can use it while saving for the 6L cost? I'd rather buy and get a better item in the same time.
Yes, doing it with just spamming fusings can and will most likely be cheaper, but RNG is RNG and I'm done taking unneeded risks in this game. There is too much RNG in POE as it is.

6L, same story, just buy it. I bought a 6L lightning coil for 18 ex 3 weeks ago. 18 ex! with torment exchange 63 fus: 1 ex that is 1134 fusing worth of gear. So I roughly saved 25% on fusings and got the item aswell, and no cost for 6S-ing.
Even a Shav Wrappings: you can buy 1 for 38 ex on torment, no usefull links/5L. A 6L will cost you 53 ex (cheapest available). 15 ex difference = 945 fusings. So why would you even use Vorici or just spam when average is ~1000 what people claim? To test your luck? I pass for that.

If you want 5linked or 6linked gear....... just buy it.

This guy knows what's up. If you're selffound you aren't going to use vorici anyway.

The problem is, on bloodlines this often isn't possible. For example, I wanted a 5L vis Mortis last week. There were no 5L or 6Ls at all on Poe.trade, so I had no choice except to link it myself. Pledge of hands is another example. I haven't seen a 6L pledge for sell at all yet this league.
Everyone and their exceptions. Its pretty much always safer to use vorici. You completely eliminate RNG by using vorici. Gambling that much currency is ridiculous. Is there a chance to miracle link something? Of course but the chance is low.
"

A week or so of currency trades with Vorici and Elreon along with passive farming leads to enough for a five link from Vorici, soon enough.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Feb 24, 2015, 5:46:15 AM
7 pages of this thread along with the 700+ fuses I have used so far on my lioneye's has not convinced me. Used half of my standard currency. Shoulda just saved up for a 6L :/
"
MissDerry wrote:
7 pages of this thread along with the 700+ fuses I have used so far on my lioneye's has not convinced me. Used half of my standard currency. Shoulda just saved up for a 6L :/

Learn when and how to craft.

I guess there should be a sticky thread about linking: options, probabilities and know-how.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info