New Skill Development - Part 2

loads of low budget build will fcked up again.
such as FB , incinerate, any kind of evasion build, any kind of build, which uses CWDT to avoid huge phys dmg burst.
"
Kiri2k wrote:
Sorry but this skill looks useless to me, by the time someone/i cast it i already killed all the mobs. It needs a serious debuff, mov speed is a joke.

+1, give it attack speed or damage reduction, movespeed is meh.
And -26% at lvl20? Come on...
The explosion is a neat idea, but again 6% of max life as chaos dmg seems a bit low.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I wonder would the global cooldown on "Warcry" skills affect those using Enduring Cry/Spell Echo to generate Endurance Charges ?
yes it might have been too easy and a bit of a no brainer to use cwdt-ec, but wheres the makeup for that, devourers and hard hitting physical enemies still hit as hard as ever, and from offscreen and that.

unless theres some really good rework to armour, its gonna be PATH OF LIGHTNING COIL/CLOAK OF DEFIANCE in hc league yet again.
Wonder what are % at low lvl, but smells like

low lvl CWDT + Abyssal Cry + Enduring Cry + Discharge

and

Cyclone + power charge on crit

Flashy as heck, tho probably useless.

But with Three Dragons, 28–41 fire dmg from Discharge can Shock with enough investment into crit.
Ungil's Harmony - 100% increased Global Critical Strike Chance

Shocking Chaos Explosions!

Discharge itself has quite high crit base - 8%.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Feb 17, 2015, 4:48:26 AM
"
WiseGuard wrote:

another idiot that does not read the OP
"
WiseGuard wrote:
Wonder what are % at low lvl, but smells like

and

Cyclone + power charge on crit

Flashy as heck, tho probably useless.

But with Three Dragons, 28–41 fire dmg from Discharge can Shock with enough investment into crit.
Ungil's Harmony - 100% increased Global Critical Strike Chance

Shocking Chaos Explosions!

Discharge itself has quite high crit base - 8%.

AC & EC shares cooldown (Warcry) if this discussion really get into the game....
1) Melee is already miserable to play compared to ranged. This problem has been getting worse, not better, lately. This will just exacerbate the problem.
2) Constantly having to re-cast enduring cry has never been a 'fun' game mechanic.
3) Certain types of mobs can effectively insta-gib anybody a little bit laggy without current trigger gem setups.

If Enduring Cry was removed from being triggerable by CWDT, it would cause a great number of additional problems that lowered the playability and enjoyment of the game for a huge portion of the population. I'm already frustrated on how often a patch comes through and totally kneecaps my current character. I've had to abandon totem sparkers, lightning arrow archers, spec throw characters, CWDT dischargers, and God only knows what else. Items that I'd spent a great deal of time obtaining, like the Crown of Eyes, get nerfed in unprecedented ways. It all adds up.

I consider it a fundamental problem when I log in after a patch and I can no longer do what I could the week before. It happens again and again, and it means ultimately that my efforts mean less than GGG's whims. It means there's no certainty or continuity to my progression.

In short, were a change like this to occur, I would HOPE that bursty sudden-appearance mobs would be re-balanced, Enduring Cry as a spell would be re-tuned, and armor or melee characters would be re-examined so that it didn't break the game for many existing characters. However, past experience has led me to believe that I should be scared, not hopeful, for the future.
OMG - i - want - that - warcry - NOW!
This is a bit too overpowered, I hope you will take the time to also buff Temporal Chains so it still sees some use in Path of OP Cry's.
Last edited by gorillajuice on Feb 17, 2015, 5:18:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info