New Skill Development - Part 2

what would be very good with this would be a sort of pull ability where all mobs in a radius around the user are pulled towards a person(new skill). This would allow for maximum effect explosion.
Rampage IGN: InsanityIsReversed
"
Serleth wrote:
the majority of the time I rip to the burst damage is when I literally haven't planned for it. The other half is when I make stupid decisions. .

it can be argued that some of those times you ripped could have been saved if you have cwdt-ec-ic.
in fact i guarantee it. but hey continuing blaming your "stupidity"
"
"
Serleth wrote:
the majority of the time I rip to the burst damage is when I literally haven't planned for it. The other half is when I make stupid decisions. .

it can be argued that some of those times you ripped could have been saved if you have cwdt-ec-ic.
i guarantee it.

Nope. All of my deaths in Beyond and Bloodlines have been due to elemental damage or stupid decisions, neither of which IC is going to do SFA against. In Invasion, maybe.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Would you then also change the game so that casting secondary skills next to spamming one's primary attack skill isn't such a pain in the ass?

In other words, either a skill-queue (I spam fireball, I click once for flammability curse, it casts it once and returns to casting fireball, currently if I do that the game does nothing as I have to press the curse button EXACTLY on the time a fireball cast animation is finished) or have non-damage skills be cast without animations.

The fact that using secondary skills is so annoying is something that adds to the "need" of cwdt or cocs.
A long time ago Mark posted that instant-cast, in tandem with other actions is a fundamental part of the game engine that is really difficult to chance (source), but I wonder if GGG could jury-rig some sort of instant-cast setup.

Something along the lines of:

- Having a Warcry gem slotted in a command gives you a hidden "sixth flask" on pressing the associated command key

- The flask has a special "warcry active" buff it applies to you instantly

- All warcries are actually triggers that trigger on having the "warcry active" buff applied. In other words, they're all "cast when special flask used" trigger gems, since flasks can be used instantly.

Yay! I've just solved a four-year design issue!
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Feb 17, 2015, 6:33:06 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
In Invasion, maybe.

so its still a YES
Welp, how did I ever miss that quote. Thanks gilrad.

I asked for that functionality forever but now I realize its impossible.

Guess the game engine is fundamentally flawed in that respect then so... yeah. I guess I give up then.
Really like the changes. Automated cwdt and IC are quite a dull mechanic, doesn't promote any diversity in gameplay whatsoever: it's a one-time setup that does it all for you, no brains involved.
I hope some of the Warcries offer some change in gameplay, like the clarity one mentioned previously may allow strength based to not use BM gems, or run artic armour, for example.
Shared cooldowns looks like a great way of balancing, promoting active gameplay and decisions. I hope the leveling of these skills is not incredibly important (like with the current EC) so as to not punish players that decide to switch to another warcry later as much!
"
"
Serleth wrote:
In early Invasion, before they tuned it, maybe.

so its still a YES

Look at the self-quote for a correction. Then I'll correct you:

It's a no.

Since the retuning in Invasion: elemental and stupid decision / poor play rips only.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
"
Serleth wrote:
In early Invasion, before they tuned it, maybe.

so its still a YES

Look at the self-quote for a correction. Then I'll correct you:

It's a no.

Since the retuning in Invasion: elemental and stupid decision / poor play rips only.

so before the fake correction to hide your embarassment, its a YES.

whats so bad about admitting that you do rely on automated defense before, are you elitist or something. oh that sig of yours wow so pro!
yeah stupid decisions, how sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info