New Skill Development - Part 2

"
jacky5047 wrote:
"
WiseGuard wrote:

AC & EC shares cooldown (Warcry) if this discussion really get into the game....

Thanks!

Didn't notice that :)

Well then, ditch the Enduring Cry for Elemental Prolif

There should be plenty of other ways to generate charges.

"
Kiri2k wrote:
Sorry but this skill looks useless to me, by the time someone/i cast it i already killed all the mobs. It needs a serious debuff, mov speed is a joke.

I kind of agree on this, slowing down the gameplay when monster die too fast wont do any good

Also looking at this iteration of abyssal cry, who would use that over temporal chains ? i dont give a fuck about the chaos dmg ;)
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Breakbeat wrote:
RIP Melee Hardcore

Granite flasks, seething flasks. Again.

Seriously, is skill out there still? Anywhere? Not once in my PoE career have I run IC on CWDT, and not once in my PoE career playing HC leagues have I ripped to devourers because I didn't have it set up. SC, sure, cuz I play like an idiot in SC leagues.

GGG's taking away a mistake. Good for them. This game's not meant to be easy. Thank god this is getting axed, maybe we'll start to learn to be better players again.

Just because you are a lucky guy, don't call other players unskillful. I got riped two times the last two weeks, both character mid level 70. The first was a pack of around 20 devourers and it took a fraction of second and i got around 6k life and the second time it was a pack of champion frogs from outside the screen and was even faster. With around 9k armour and 5.5k life in a 68 map. Both character didn't used a cwdt setup, because i really wanted to play a character reliable to high level without cwdt, but IMO at the moment it is just suicidal do try it.
Changing EC to a "warcry" will change a huge portion of the meta game in POE. I am looking foreward to see other defensive mechanics/options against high single hits of physical damage and a rework of the current armour mechanic. I hope all these issues mentioned are adjusted at the same time - if not, we may see "Path of Lightning Coil" next league.

CWDT-EC-ID-IC make most game content trivial and too easy, because you don't have to invest much in physical defenses. You also completly ignore physical reflect, which made it even more broken in my opinion.

IC not working with spell echo any more will kill off some burning discharge builds completly - so rip self cast discharge i guess in 1.4 (only the OP and expensive Mjölner + Romira's Banquet + Voll's Devotion combo will function properly unless GG decides to nerf this too).

I also would like to see an adjustment to the "perma immortal call issue" - a over 20 second IC shouldn't be possible in my opinion - it is too strong and it is very hard to balance content around it. Maybe adding a 4 second cool down to IC by considering it a "warcry" is the first step in the right direction.

"Abyssal Cry" seems to be a nice gem for ranged characters for kiting (especially bow characters have high movementspeed to augment that perfectly). Reduced Movement speed on monsters won't help melee characters at all, because they are in melee range and most of them have to stand still while attacking. The taunting effect is negligible when you are playing solo, because monsters always will attack you.
Reduced attack speed/cast speed would be more appropriate but this would be too OP when paired with temporal chains and Chill effects - monsters would be nearly "frozen" and can't to anything.
The chaos explosion is a nice gimmic and a DPS increase for melee builds but even more for any (ranged) AOE build.

Hope GGG is thinking carefully about those changes and finaly bring some kind of "balance" to the game and make it harder again. I know they can do it.
"
Sternenfeuer wrote:
The first was a pack of around 20 devourers and it took a fraction of second and i got around 6k life and the second time it was a pack of champion frogs from outside the screen and was even faster. With around 9k armour and 5.5k life in a 68 map. Both character didn't used a cwdt setup, because i really wanted to play a character reliable to high level without cwdt, but IMO at the moment it is just suicidal do try it.

And this is how my Freezing Witch learned that she should use IC/CwDT:

Spoiler
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
The skill looks great, but for the love of Queen and country don't break EC + CWDT. That combo is literally the only way most pure evasion builds are remotely viable (especially if the player has even slight FPS drop/lag) with how you've balanced endgame spike-damage. If you break that combo, you'd need to rebalance half the friggin' game. That much work isn't worth it to you or the players.

A shared cooldown is all you need. That's a great idea. It solves all the problems of non-melee characters stacking warcries without breaking the majority of all current builds. But please, keep them as spells. The FPS on my computer (I can't afford to upgrade - I'm already living on food stamps) makes it impossible to self-cast survival spells in time. CWDT is the only reason I can play this game. And judging from how 90% of every build I've ever seen uses CWDT+EC+IC, I don't think I'm alone.
"
Sternenfeuer wrote:
Just because you are a lucky guy, don't call other players unskillful. I got riped two times the last two weeks, both character mid level 70. The first was a pack of around 20 devourers and it took a fraction of second and i got around 6k life and the second time it was a pack of champion frogs from outside the screen and was even faster. With around 9k armour and 5.5k life in a 68 map. Both character didn't used a cwdt setup, because i really wanted to play a character reliable to high level without cwdt, but IMO at the moment it is just suicidal do try it.

I was in your situation on my last melee character who knows how many times, with either otherworldly chimerals or savage devourers or deadly bone rhoas, etc. 5.5k life, 4k armour, 3k evasion, level 74 maps. Not once did I ever NOT have the reaction time to be able to pop my granite, start leeching, and time my flask use.

I've been playing this game since open beta. Not saying that to be elitist, but to illustrate that I have a boatload of experience behind what I'm saying and that the majority of the time I rip to the burst damage is when I literally haven't planned for it. The other half is when I make stupid decisions. I hardly ever run with cwdt/ec, and never have IC in the chain anyway, so.

Luck has nothing to do with it.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Feb 17, 2015, 6:05:27 AM
What bothers me is that Warcries will not work with "cast" trigger gems. I don't use Enduring Cry with Immortal Call because that is completely OP. Instead, I use it with a level 1 CWDT to keep my 7 End. Charges up without the hassle of re-casting it every now and then. It's true that this gives me a "free" 35% physical damage reduction, but bear in mind that there are several passive points invested for this, along with one 4-link slot.

I don't get it -- if CWDT+EC+IC is the problem, why nerf EC which is used in other situations? Why not nerf that specific setup?

I agree with the previous poster who has seen many of his builds axed over and over. I had the same problem. Started a sporker, nerfed. Started a danmaku, nerfed. Now my last character, a groundslammer, is getting his 7 enduring charges nerfed as well because I will have to keep casting EC instead of attacking (not to mention the ridiculous fact that 2H melee is not stronger than 1H melee, but that's another issue altogether).

GGG, I like your warcry idea overall, but please find a way for them to be cast without interrupting attacks.
Cry When Damage Taken.
-fixed
As someone who always goes melee, I really don't like these changes. I already feel gimped compared to ranged characters who can kill things off screen, now with these changes I really get the idea that to enjoy this game you are kind of forced to go ranged or caster crit.

Between lag and desync, cwdt with the ic setup has at least saved me a few times. Now what do I have? My armour? ha, yeah, that's a joke. The point of melee has always been that you can stand there at least a few seconds and withstand damage as you kill stuff. Ranged/Casters kill faster, because they can't just stand there and take the damage. It's supposed to be a trade off, but it's not looking like that anymore. Especially for me as a 2handed melee.

Melee is like the bastard child that no one really cares about here:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info