[1.3] 7D's Glacial Cascade Build Guide [Crit; Perma freeze; Vaal Pact; Easy Atziri] 67k*4 DPS

low life variant: my build, don't know
low life variant: glacial cascade. sure. there is even a build guide for it.
Thanks for the build! Had a lot of fun leveling straight through with it but it became an absolute blast once I could equip dual Divinarius's.

One thing: I seem to be out of sync on this build more than almost any other build I've played! Worse than leap slamming. It's getting ridiculous. Or maybe the problem is just worse in general? Any one else having to /OOS a lot?
Thanks m8:)
Me personally, i rarely have issues with Desync... maybe because i position myself alot.
Don't know man :/
Hello

Im lvl 64 atm and haven't tried arctic armor yet. My question is that how much mana regen you need to run level 20 arctic armor + all those auras + 5L GC setup? How much mana regen do you have OP?

And ty for nice build. i have enjoyed it so far
Gday, and thx m8
i have 282.3 mana regen
which is barely sufficient
You should aim for 300~
how you handle reflect?
Very well. Did this build, I'm lvl 76....still in the making. Capping res on this and having decent crit is expensive. I hit only 12k dmg so far.
Cool build. I've also done GC and made a guide here on the forums for Witch. I think the build I run is tankier overall (I haven't included CwDT Immortal Call though, which I would do if I still mainly played that character), but yours in interesting. Have you tried other supports in place of added cold? I find added cold is worse for damage than increased crit damage or added chaos, but I don't have much increased cold/elemental damage passives.
I'm interested in what your thoughts are, like why you prefer curse on hit on herald of ice. With good crit multi I never have a problem shocking to get herald of thunder going.
@Gymiyaraniga
vaal pact??

@Defaceo
u'll gain a lot of dmg as soon as all of your gems hit lvl 20

@Stiglitz_
1. added cold, is the best 6l decision.(for MY build)
reasons:
20% added cold gives you 10% chanze to freeze->more shatter-> more cursed->more pc-> more dmg

Simply more cold dmg increases the duration of the freezes,
and i have bunch of cold dmg notes, so it scales best.

added chaos is shit!(my honest opinion) added chaos dmg is for ppl who dont use vp, i do so why would i even consider something that doesn't scale with ANYTHING in my tree?

if i would use maligaro's, i would use increased crit damage, but i dont need either of those.

2.m8 your build guide has neither screenshots nor videos, so i cannot rly judge your build.
i don't know what u are capable to do with it.
i managed everything flawless up till uber (didnt try yet)
and i've managed it on a templeague not standard..
and i dont think my build has any issues in being tanky, the only thing i die from is being careless.(die only from atziri/double beyond bosses)

3. Watch one of the videos, then u'll see why hoi+coh setup is 10x better for glacial cascade then hot+coh is.
"Get herald of thunder going" thats not a problem for me either, still herald of ice is ways better for cursing, watch video :)
Last edited by 7DJester on Feb 23, 2015, 10:58:05 PM
I think the big difference is your focus on cold and elemental. I see how added cold is the best 6-link option in your build.

How did you know I didn't watch one of your videos? Hah. Now I just watched some video, and I see that curse on hit HoI is better in action than how it seems on paper. The curse can be applied to many enemies at once, where HoT can't. If the shatter damage is instantaneous, then a mob killed on the first wave would explode, cursing the mob behind it before the wave hit. I would have to watch it in slow-mow but I'm pretty sure that's how it happens. It looks like it works well. I might give it a try, but my toon might not have the AoE to make effective.

I play on a laptop, and even set to nintendo-64 graphics, I normally have ~10-15 fps, and frequent drops to 1 or 2. It really limits how well I can play or how much time I have to react. I stack defense to try countering my shitty computer. I also don't have videos for the same reason, and I haven't gotten around to making new screenshots.

My GC character was my first one in Rampage, which was a temp-league.

Pretty cool about the curse on hit HoI. I just figured it wasn't good.
Last edited by Stiglitz_ on Feb 24, 2015, 12:12:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info